I believe we have no sin, as said in John 1:29 & John 16:8 KJV.

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe we have no sin, as said in John 1:29 & John 16:8 KJV, and that we all are destined for the afterlife. However, we will all be judged according to our works, as predicated by our, "new commandment," in John 13:34.

So how will the church extract money from the masses without sin? It must re-invent sin by changing the meaning of, "faith in Christ Jesus," in Ephesians 2:8, to the faith of the believer. With this new doctrine we have, "sin," and with sin you get death and power. This may explain to me the inquisition the witch burnings, and the Church’s power, but what about Jesus? The fact is that we are all sin free, John 1:29, John 16:8 & 2 Titus 1:9 KJV, and will be judged according to our works.

The KJV Bible is the written record of the days in Genesis 1. The apostle Paul had his revelation, and uses, “few words,” Ephesians 3:3, in the letters of the KJV text to see patterns and precept, Isaiah 28:10, with the record of the days of Genesis 1.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DrBubbaLove

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8 I think that's pretty clear. Anyone who takes an honest look at themselves should be able to find some sins in their life. Only a few saints reach a state of perfection in life where they are no longer committing voluntary sins.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fundamentally, I see sin as selfishness*. Being self-centred, rather than other and/or God-centred. And since we all feel our own pleasures and pains more keenly than those of others, we are all predisposed to that self-centredness. Call that 'original sin', if you like. Whatever, none of us is without it, and however hard we try, we will never entirely rid ourselves of it.

But that attempt to do so should be made, of course, and the route Jesus shows us is to love widely, deeply and unconditionally. For sometimes, we prefer our own pains to diminishing the pleasures of those we love, and would prefer to suffer any agony ourselves in preference to their pain.

Best wishes, Strivax.

*Consider, for example, the seven deadly sins, as listed by the church fathers: pride, sloth, gluttony, avarice, wrath, envy and lust. These are all states of being centred on the self, rather than on the well-being of others.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fundamentally, I see sin as selfishness*. Being self-centred, rather than other and/or God-centred.
You have too narrow a definition of sin.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I think ultimately that's what it comes down to, actually.

Not loving God or your neighbor - only caring about oneself

Coveting what someone else has - greed

Murder/assault - either something benefits them (like money) or their brain is wired so that they feel satisfaction from it

I'd say Strivax is pretty spot-on, actually.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus summed it up nicely regarding the matter of the woman caught in adultery when He said to her accusers "He that is without sin cast the first stone" and everyone dropped their stones and walked away.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then I await your definition with much anticipation of total enlightenment.
The words underlying our english "sin" in both testaments are archery terms meaning to "miss the mark." You aim at that bull's eye but miss.

Paul alludes to this by saying "all have sinned and fall short of God's glory." (keep the archery motif in mind) (Rom 3.23)

We also know that "what ever not done in faith is sin." (Rom 14.23b)

How do those additional definitions fit with your statement? Is trying but not achieving "selfishness?"

Reactions: Gaz54au
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The words underlying our english "sin" in both testaments are archery terms meaning to "miss the mark." You aim at that bull's eye but miss.

Paul alludes to this by saying "all have sinned and fall short of God's glory." (keep the archery motif in mind) (Rom 3.23)

We also know that "what ever not done in faith is sin." (Rom 14.23b)

How do those additional definitions fit with your statement? Is trying but not achieving "selfishness?"

Good points, all. I am not saying that sin is not 'missing the mark', or 'falling short of perfection'. I am saying something I hope is a good deal more useful, that the reason we miss the mark, the reason we fall short of perfection, is our innate selfishness. And that whatever is done through genuine love and thorough selflessness is not sin, at all.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe we have no sin, as said in John 1:29 & John 16:8 KJV,

But there are more verses than that on the topic.
Did you use scissors?

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Ephesians 2:3
Among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Galatians 5:17
For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

2 Peter 1:4
By which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

What Does the Bible Say About Sinful Nature?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8 I think that's pretty clear. Anyone who takes an honest look at themselves should be able to find some sins in their life. Only a few saints reach a state of perfection in life where they are no longer committing voluntary sins.

The biblical response is " No. Not one."

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes; but according to Paul's demonstration in 2 Peter 3:3-8, that was said from the third day of the creation. This is the dispensation in which Christ Jesus came by water only. It does not apply to us of the fourth day of creation; the day Christ Jesus came by blood and water, 1 John 5:6, validating the Word of God from the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Fundamentally, I see sin as selfishness*. Being self-centred, rather than other and/or God-centred. And since we all feel our own pleasures and pains more keenly than those of others, we are all predisposed to that self-centredness. Call that 'original sin', if you like. Whatever, none of us is without it, and however hard we try, we will never entirely rid ourselves of it.

But that attempt to do so should be made, of course, and the route Jesus shows us is to love widely, deeply and unconditionally. For sometimes, we prefer our own pains to diminishing the pleasures of those we love, and would prefer to suffer any agony ourselves in preference to their pain.

Best wishes, Strivax.

*Consider, for example, the seven deadly sins, as listed by the church fathers: pride, sloth, gluttony, avarice, wrath, envy and lust. These are all states of being centred on the self, rather than on the well-being of others.
If you're reading Paul's demonstration, you may know precisely what sin is. I believe that "sin," in the KJV Bible, is to break the laws of the doctrine of the Word of God, regarding any particular dispensation, or universe in the first three days of creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe that "sin", in the KJV Bible has nothing to do with our personal likes. It is regarding things that we cannot understand, in this Universe.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Romans 8, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is LIFE because of righteousness, v10.

Since all believers are in Christ, of His flesh and of His bones, then they are naturally partaking of His divine nature having eternal life.
For believers it is all about having passed from death into life, not going back the other way.
Believers are not carnally minded which is enmity, hatred with God, it can not be so for them as they are new creations in Christ, He has transformed them making them born of God, so then having their home country citizenship with God in heaven.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe we have no sin, as said in John 1:29 & John 16:8 KJV, and that we all are destined for the afterlife. However, we will all be judged according to our works, as predicated by our, "new commandment," in John 13:34.

So how will the church extract money from the masses without sin? It must re-invent sin by changing the meaning of, "faith in Christ Jesus," in Ephesians 2:8, to the faith of the believer. With this new doctrine we have, "sin," and with sin you get death and power. This may explain to me the inquisition and the Church’s power, but what about Jesus? The fact is that we are all sin free, John 1:29, John 16:8 & 2 Titus 1:9 KJV, and will be judged according to our works.

The KJV Bible is the written record of the days in Genesis 1. The apostle Paul had his revelation, and uses, “few words,” Ephesians 3:3, in the letters of the KJV text to see patterns and precept, Isaiah 28:10, with the record of the days of Genesis 1.

Everyone on earth has sins and those who think they have no sins, well as the Bible says:::

(1 John 1:8) "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Paul also made it clear when he proposed a saying that should be echoed by all Christians::

(1 Timothy 1:15) "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting ideas here.
I was always told that sin is "missing the mark". There is some truth to that. That is if the "mark" is God's true nature and character. Yes, our self-worship, pride and boasting
misses the mark. So does lust after another. So does harming ones own body by knowingly ingesting poisons. All sorts of stuff misses the mark.
To get a better idea of exactly what the "mark" is, simply re-read the sermon on the mount. There it is.

Upvote 0