• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I beg for prayers for this pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanne2

Sep 23, 2005
singleton Australia
Visit site
✟7,707.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi I am new to this group and I am so scared of this pain I am going through please pray I dont have to have a back operation my disk has crushed and part of it has broken off and it is causing the pain down the leg and i am unable to do any thing i need to be able to walk and can not and it is depressing me
please pray :groupray: :cry:

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Joanne2,

I'm praying that God will help you find relief from the pain and give you wisdom about the surgery. I understand how devastating the pain can be--I have known horrible physical pain, too, that made me desperate not to hurt anymore. Some verses that have helped me are from Lamentations 3, especially this: "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'"

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
This member Joanne2 whom is my friend.. has some urgent prayer needs.. this was sent to my on-line journal.. Please keep praying for her.. thanks..

I am just letting you know that Joanne is going into a private hospital in Newcastle today to have back surgery. She has been in a lot of pain and can hardly move around. They have given her an injection to help her travel. The surgery is dangerous and she could well end up paraplegic if anything goes wrong. Let us pray that it doesn't, and that she is soon well again and pain free.
She asked that I let you and people at blessings know. She still regards you with love. She is scared, diabetes is not a good thing to have with anaesthetic.
Bye for now. I will let you know when David has news.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Update on Joanne.. from a friend..
I posted a note to Sharon yesterday about Joanne being admitted to
hospital for dangerous spinal surgery. She has been suffering sever
pain for nearly three weeks, with no relief.
I am happy to report that through the prayers of others, he danger is
diminished and hopefully she will be able to walk again and care for
her home and family once again.
Today she is to have a cortisone injection to the damaged area, and
with hope and trust in God, maybe she will have relief and be able to
function once again, without the obvious dangers of paraplegia that
exist with surgery.
Praise God and thanks be to His loving care!

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
joanne2 said:
Thank you for your prayers
I had the operation and doing well
God is Good
thalnk you and God bless you
love Joanne 1

I am very pleased for you, Joanne. I thank God :crossrc: for your operation, and for your recovery. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.