I became a knight, Knights of Columbus, yesterday.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I've haven't been one too long, but situations have been favorable, and I'm currently 3rd degree.

It's a great organization, and I have a lot of family that's done it. It's the best charity I know of, and I'm very glad to support it--and eventually, get a sword & fuzzy hat!:oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've haven't been one too long, but situations have been favorable, and I'm currently 3rd degree.

It's a great organization, and I have a lot of family that's done it. It's the best charity I know of, and I'm very glad to support it--and eventually, get a sword & fuzzy hat!:oldthumbsup:
Hello Reverand Alex,
They told me that they were switching away from the fuzzy hats to a new uniform. This time a beret. Arrgh! I wanted the fuzzy hat! Though they say the move has been highly contested.

Yes, my uncle was a knight, and I always wanted to become one but never had the time. Now I am retired and joined up. I have yet to go to my first meeting. I think I am going to love it!

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do I have any fellow knights out there?

Just became one actually. Got reeled in by the life insurance...which is now getting gummed up.

Not sure how it's going to work out because I'm not a particularly social guy so I don't have much interest in going to meetings or helping out with the stuff they do.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just became one actually. Got reeled in by the life insurance...which is now getting gummed up.

Not sure how it's going to work out because I'm not a particularly social guy so I don't have much interest in going to meetings or helping out with the stuff they do.
I no longer have anyone who would be in need if I died tomorrow, so I do not need the life insurance.

They told me that KOC gave, like 175 million dollars to charities last year. Wow! That sounds good.

Where would we be if Jesus never called His Apostles into brotherhood with Him?

I consider myself sociable, but I have a hard time meeting new friends at coffee and donuts after Mass. I know that all changes when you join a group, any group. Where you had problems developing brotherhood friendships outside of a group, being part of the group binds people to one another in a special way, making it really easy to all of a sudden have many new friends.

You should join just to see what happens.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was a third degree before I left the church 5 years or so ago, but I still have the insurance. It was a wonderful organization, I wish that there were more men's groups like this in other churches as well.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My brother Knights of Columbus and I put on ‘Breakfast with Santa’ at St. Pius X.
EAD66E14-4C1F-4444-BB36-CA7A32415CE9.jpeg
C524A0F6-3BA2-4092-AFA4-1E934D5CD6B5.jpeg
966A3851-C140-456A-B959-F2D8C85830BD.jpeg
6F3AB0BF-0F7E-4FC2-8926-244E86DD3493.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums