victoria
✟8,404.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was never a good person as a kid. im not gonna list my sins but theyre bad enough where i wouldnt give myself salvation. either way i asked god to show me where im going in the afterlife in my dreams, and sure enough i had a few dreams(i never dream so i know it was god) they were not good dreams. i am not going to a nice place. i accept my sins and that im going to a bad place but it sucks... im already miserable in my current daily life so im suffering to suffer more later on. i figured it'd be fair to make my bad life count as the punishment instead giving me an eternal punishment in the afterlife after already suffering. but thats not the case because my dreams were bad. please pray that god cuts me some slack in the afterlife. i know i was bad and i regret it now. i dont know if prayers will change his mind or anything because he's invisible but its worth a shot.

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Indeed do not give yourself salvation (in the sense of just expecting to have it like you are). That would be a false hope. But God has graciously labored and spent Himself to make a way for you to be saved; and you want to find THAT way, get on it, and take it to the end.

Luke 5:31-32 "And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Isaiah 53:5-6 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

1 Peter 2:24a "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness"

Hebrews 5:7-9 "Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him"

Titus 2:11-14 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Praying that your eyes will be opened so you will understand and know what you ought to do.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Father,

I lift up Tyler234 to you in his time of distress and little faith. I thank you that You have given Him enough to desire your forgiveness. I pray that he realises how easy it is to seek You from his low position. I pray that he will feel Your comfort as he rests in You. Lord, let that little mustard seed of faith that he has shown by acknowledging Your sovereignity grow into a tree and that his peace and trust grows daily. I pray that he grows in wisdom and learns more about who You are as he walks with you.

In Jesus' precious name Amen

Tyler234, none of us deserve salvation. None of us can earn it. You are lacking in understanding but God is a great teacher. Trust Him. I felt condemned for 15 years until one day I prayed with no words (they"d all been said before). On picking up my Bible I saw 'Get up and walk'. I trusted in that forgiveness and grew to learn over the following months where I was wrong.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Psalm 91. Read the prodigal son, the parable of the lost sheep etc. Grow in Him and I hope You learn how the Lord is our Provider, Rock, Comfort, Help, Strength, our Righteousness, He is merciful, and is far too good to us. He is also Holy and Just.

Trust Him.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was never a good person as a kid. im not gonna list my sins but theyre bad enough where i wouldnt give myself salvation. either way i asked god to show me where im going in the afterlife in my dreams, and sure enough i had a few dreams(i never dream so i know it was god) they were not good dreams. i am not going to a nice place. i accept my sins and that im going to a bad place but it sucks... im already miserable in my current daily life so im suffering to suffer more later on. i figured it'd be fair to make my bad life count as the punishment instead giving me an eternal punishment in the afterlife after already suffering. but thats not the case because my dreams were bad. please pray that god cuts me some slack in the afterlife. i know i was bad and i regret it now. i dont know if prayers will change his mind or anything because he's invisible but its worth a shot.

These are dreams, Tyler, and they are not real. God is not a sadist who is just waiting to put you in some eternal torture chamber and gleefully giving you foretelling dreams of an inescapable destiny there so you can sweat it out the entire time until the day you die. If you were truly this bad and you were given dreams of an inescapable destiny in hell and it's definitely going to happen no matter what, then I doubt God would even waste any more time and just take you there rather than letting you live out a full life on earth first. This, of course, is a view I find to be ridiculous and unnecessarily maligning of God, thus I do not believe it for a second.

If you believe in Jesus Christ, you will live and not die. It doesn't matter how bad your sins are; He is merciful to forgive. You will be saved from everlasting destruction if you believe in Him. Do you?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Perhaps God wanted you to straighten up.. remember, those who God chastises He loves.

Step out in faith and believe in Christ for your salvation, not your works, and see what Christ can do in you..

He can work miracles in us... this is a promise. And not one of us deserves His love.. we are all deserving of Hell.. but Thank God and Praise His Name He had a better plan.. :)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Heavenly Father,

may you show mercy to the OP in granting him repentance and faith. replace his stony heart with a heart of flesh that he would follow you, that he would be your people and You his God.

in Jesus Holy Name...Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Friend, He is not going to cut any of us any slack. We are in no way able to comprehend how perfect the universe beyond us is, and therefore we cannot appreciate the enormous evil of the slightest wrongdoing on our own part. If and when you die, you will no longer experience joy or sorrow, until you are resurrected. At that time, you will either receive the reward of a forgiven saint (eternal life) or an unrepentant sinner (the amount of suffering you have caused, resulting in the complete and final end of your life and existence). Try asking God the exact same question with as much of the same sincerity as you did before at a later date and, shortly before you go to bed, have a hearty portion of greasy, acidic food or something very sweet. You will, in all likelihood, have a dream that contradicts the ones you had before. Relying on dreams for answers to religious questions is not at all advisable. There is no valid reason for you to suffer so. The "odds" are in your favor. Not only is there a way for you to escape the punishment you fear, but your Rescuer is on your side. He is not willing that any who are weary and carry heavy burdens should perish, but that all should come to Him, and He will give them rest from even their earthly torments. Be of good cheer and courage, for He has overcome the world. These words are for you, Friend. He had you in mind when He gave them to the great prophets and apostles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Start by capitalizing God. Little g can be any god. If your God is Jesus God. Then repent and ask forgiveness and mean it. Accept that God has forgiven you and you forgive you and start anew. God loves you. Read his word to get close to him and never forget he loves you!
Blessings

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Bible says that "Those who persevere to the end will be saved." Persevere in what? In walking with His Son, with HIs Son as the leadeer, through their lives.

I pray you will be given insight and wisdom into the true nature of your Heavenly Father, the Father of Mercies Whose "mercy is new every morning". I pray you will be given insight on how to let the Savior change you. You cannot change yourself into a wise, obedient servant of the Lord. It is useless to try. Our Savior said "Without Me you can do nothing." But also we are told "Nothing is impossible" with Him.

I pray you will just turn all your doubts and fears and weaknesses over to Him. He wants to help you. But you have to let go of all that and cling to Him.

Upvote 0