Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone. I do not wish to go into the specific problem aloud in front of everyone (since I just want to be sure I am being considerate of others' sensibilities and the details aren't important, anyway), but I want to confess that I noticed a potential problem - a growing addiction to a certain occasional leisure of mine that in itself is not sinful but I certainly do not want it in my life if the desire and addiction will persist in my mind - about myself earlier today. And the problem really burned me in a way I never wanted it to today, a few hours ago. Even as a conditonalist considered greatly heretical by some (none of you in this community section, though, I know, and thank you for that), I know that I have God's forgiveness but I still want to exercise willpower and self-control in this. Especially as a knight who wishes to stay true to his convictions, what good am I to that end if I cannot even find the heart to resist the temptation and thus end up getting into more trouble than I bargained for in the long-run because of my lack of personal discipline and occasional wishy-washiness about my personal beliefs\convictions? So please pray that I will not lose heart in my renewed determination to cut this leisure out of my life for an indefinite period of time, especially until I can keep it from becoming flat-out addictive.

Oh, but, to avoid too much personal guessing, I'll go ahead and say that this addiction is neither of the two perhaps most obvious guesses you might have, with me being a single young male and all - video games or ... (let's be mature and forthright about this, SK) ... masturbation. No, it is neither of those two things.

I thank you all for your friendship and support. I truly have felt welcome and had a blast here the last few weeks I have been particularly active in our sector. ^-^

Reactions: MassiCo
Mar 6, 2015
Gone
✟15,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God,

I lift up my brother in Christ and I ask Lord God that you will give him the will power and strength to over come this.
I ask that like you say in you word that you help him overcome by the Power of the Blood and the word of his testimony.

God that you would up hold the foot steps of his path lest he slip.

Thank you Jesus for helping him, I love you Jesus.

In your name I pray
Amen

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God,

I lift up my brother in Christ and I ask Lord God that you will give him the will power and strength to over come this.
I ask that like you say in you word that you help him overcome by the Power of the Blood and the word of his testimony.

God that you would up hold the foot steps of his path lest he slip.

Thank you Jesus for helping him, I love you Jesus.

In your name I pray
Amen

Thank you for that especialIy, GirlOnFireForGod (sorry, i have to keep remembering that you and the other one i call more simply "Fire Girl", are two different people ^-^ ). I already feel a little better, thankfully, after the bad experience earlier today. But I know that, in due time, perhaps even as early as tomorrow, the desire may return, this strange draw I have toward this thing. However I want to resist it for a long time to come not only because I think doing so would make me less selfish and more pleasing to the Father, but, again, also to stay truer to myself and my own convictions (which I would assume came from God Himself to fashion me as the unique individual He had in mind for me to be, just as He surely did with all of you). :)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know what the addiction is, but, there is scripture for 12 steps if you want to take it step by step. I will ask Jesus to deliver you from temptation. He will give you the power to say NO and the desire to do God's will over your own flesh. God wants what is best for you.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums