I ask for forgiveness for what I have done (long)

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What are your thoughts on Christians watching unsanctioned fight videos that are posted on Youtube or WorldStar? I think I have been wrong for watching those videos. However, I believe that what I did showed poor judgment on my part. I don't think that videos like that should be online. I think it is tacky. Would it be the same thing as women or men posting nude pics or videos online? I know it is an odd question, but I have found myself watching such trash. I have seen unsanctioned fights, guys' body parts, and girls having sex with their significant others. People have lost job because they had the gall to humiliate and make a fool out of themselves, their boyfriends, husbands, and girlfriends. Most people will never do that, but I found such behavior classless and tacky. (I feel tacky for watching.) Where is the love? Where is the respect? Where is the class?

Should people who use and create such websites be held accountable for their own actions?
Or should we who benefit from watching and those who think it is cool to post body parts, diss significant others, or any other way to humiliate someone be held accountable as far as some kind of regulation? I am NO fan of communism or some kind of government interference, but should the internet remain free or should there be some FCC kind of accountability when it comes to those websites?

I am going to far because of my guilt. Forgive me for ranting and raving. Personally, I find those who think that it is funny seeing a girl (judging from the vids..) getting beat up so badly that she loses her hair or even lose their dignity. I was thinking of all of the teenagers who not only record these fights, but also what could happen to these girls. Cyberbullying or any type of bullying are topics that should be taken seriously.

Relationships such as friendships, neighbors, and significant others should be taken seriously as well. I feel bad about what I did. Can I be forgiven for watching such videos? Should Youtube or World Star also be held accountable for allowing these vids to be posted online? Forgive me, for it is quite long.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think that videos like that should be online. I think it is tacky.

Why shouldn't they be online?
"tacky" is just your opinion, after all.

Would it be the same thing as women or men posting nude pics or videos online?

Half the internet, is exactly that, actually.

I know it is an odd question, but I have found myself watching such trash. I have seen unsanctioned fights, guys' body parts, and girls having sex with their significant others. People have lost job because they had the gall to humiliate and make a fool out of themselves, their boyfriends, husbands, and girlfriends.

Yes... the internet is full of example of human stupidity.

Where is the love? Where is the respect? Where is the class?

Ow, I'm sorry, but I can honestly tell you that I have personally known inappropriate contentstars with a LOT more class and respect then high-profile business people, politicians, family people etc.

How goes the saying? Something about lipstick and a pig?
It goes both ways as well.

Should people who use and create such websites be held accountable for their own actions?

Why, what are they doing wrong? What do they have to account for, exactly?

Or should we who benefit from watching and those who think it is cool to post body parts, diss significant others, or any other way to humiliate someone be held accountable as far as some kind of regulation?

I feel like you are lumping all kinds of things together here, that don't really belong together.

We are talking about inappropriate content and fight movies, where all parties involved are there and participating out of their own free will while knowing it was being filmed AND have all given permission to post it online, right?

I am NO fan of communism or some kind of government interference, but should the internet remain free or should there be some FCC kind of accountability when it comes to those websites?

Nobody is forcing you to visit such websites.
What accountability?

I am going to far because of my guilt. Forgive me for ranting and raving. Personally, I find those who think that it is funny seeing a girl (judging from the vids..) getting beat up so badly that she loses her hair or even lose their dignity.

Again, what are you talking about? Is this about a MMA fight? Or is this about a street fight, which might be depicting criminal activities? Because those are 2 very very different things.

Obviously, criminal behaviour is illegal.

I was thinking of all of the teenagers who not only record these fights, but also what could happen to these girls. Cyberbullying or any type of bullying are topics that should be taken seriously.

Ha, so you ARE talking about criminal activity... about violence where the participants are NOT there out of their own free will and who did NOT give permission to post it online.

Now, that is a different story. Their rights are being trampled and violated. All involved should indeed be rounded up and held responsible, and if possible, all online material taken down. Obviously.

Relationships such as friendships, neighbors, and significant others should be taken seriously as well. I feel bad about what I did. Can I be forgiven for watching such videos?

There's nothing to forgive. Even if the video depicts illegal activities.
You just watched it and that's it. Is it a crime to use your eyes?

Should Youtube or World Star also be held accountable for allowing these vids to be posted online? Forgive me, for it is quite long.

Every day, millions upon millions of hours worth of material is posted on youtube. It is utterly inconceivable and not realistic to expect youtube to be aware of what is depicted in every clip, second by second.

Every video on youtube can be reported as inappropriate though.

• Informative
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with much of what you said. I admit that I have a black or white thinking or all or nothing mindset. To me, however, morality has no shades of gray. The class part isn't about my looking down on others. I agree about people in the sex industry having more class and care about people more so than some leaders, political or businesses. I just felt bad about not shielding my eyes. As for the tacky part, how do you feel about people humiliating, hurting, and bullying one another? I feel whenever one watches or does something that is against what one believes should be posted online from one's moral beliefs, I find something wrong with how I see things and how I can't believe that there are people who seems to believe it is okay to record others behaving badly. I don't WANT to judge others and I don't mean to, but I believe that there are people who will use anything to humiliate and pick on others. I felt like I helped to play a role by watching it. I should not be a part of the audience or feel like those who do what I agree with it think it is a cool thing to do. At the time I wrote this, I wondered why is it cool to show half naked females getting into fights, and I'm talking about beat downs for whatever reasons. I just felt bad because it is as if I somehow promoted it by watching it.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
To me, however, morality has no shades of gray.

You say that, but I don't believe it to be accurate. And I think you know that as well.
What is a "moral dilemma", if not exactly that: a shade of gray?

I just felt bad about not shielding my eyes.

If you find it so inappropriate, then what were you doing on such a site to begin with?
I mean... more then likely your pc didn't magically turn on on its own after which it booted up the browser and surfed to such an URL, right?

It was you who looked it up or clicked the link. It would look kind of strange to press "start" on a inappropriate content clip and then cover your eyes because you don't really want to see it....

As for the tacky part, how do you feel about people humiliating, hurting, and bullying one another?

I'ld use a word far stronger then "tacky" to describe bullying, oppression, etc.

I feel whenever one watches or does something that is against what one believes should be posted online from one's moral beliefs, I find something wrong with how I see things and how I can't believe that there are people who seems to believe it is okay to record others behaving badly.

You're moving in the land of subjectivity now.
I hope you understand that any regulation on the internet, is not going to be based on your personal opinions.

I don't WANT to judge others and I don't mean to, but I believe that there are people who will use anything to humiliate and pick on others. I felt like I helped to play a role by watching it. I should not be a part of the audience or feel like those who do what I agree with it think it is a cool thing to do.

That's fine. Again, nobody forces you to watch any of it.

At the time I wrote this, I wondered why is it cool to show half naked females getting into fights, and I'm talking about beat downs for whatever reasons. I just felt bad because it is as if I somehow promoted it by watching it.

Well, lots of people enjoy watching a so-called "cat-fight". It's a million dollar business, you know... mma and alike.

Please note again that the only distinction I make is if all parties involved are there out of there own free will, aware that it is being filmed and that they give permission to have it broadcasted or put online. And that whatever happens in the clip, is actually legal as well.

Obviously, when those conditions aren't met, then it's a different story.

But if the conditions ARE met.... then your opinion on the matter is not really relevant in a discussion of wheter or not it should be allowed.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is a good point about YouTube, which has all kinds of viral videos. As a human being, all of us have made a choice or two about what we all have done. I still believe that there is a black and white moral dilemma when it comes to certain things such as humiliating inappropriate content (I think all inappropriate content is humiliating.), and kids being beat up, bullied, and humiliated.

Upvote 0