Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
With the recent mess that's happened with my family household, my sister and her boyfriend have become the priority. Everything that has happened has changed the way things use to be and essentially how I use to spend time with my parents is gone. I felt closer to them then and now it feels like I can't even talk to them sometimes about this. I,m struggling with this situation more then ever and just wish they could see how much I need them by my side to face my own future. I've tried talking to them about the division this has caused but the views they've shared with me on this boyfriend keep changing. I Really wish he would just leave and maybe we could be united again but things aren't going that way. What am I suppose to do?

• Prayers
Reactions: Serving Zion

MyLordYeshuaTheMessiah

Nov 12, 2017
london
✟29,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With the recent mess that's happened with my family household, my sister and her boyfriend have become the priority. Everything that has happened has changed the way things use to be and essentially how I use to spend time with my parents is gone. I felt closer to them then and now it feels like I can't even talk to them sometimes about this. I,m struggling with this situation more then ever and just wish they could see how much I need them by my side to face my own future. I've tried talking to them about the division this has caused but the views they've shared with me on this boyfriend keep changing. I Really wish he would just leave and maybe we could be united again but things aren't going that way. What am I suppose to do?
Not sure what the problem is exactly, your post was kind of vague.

Upvote 0

Whisperfan

Nov 9, 2018
New York
✟28,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not sure what the problem is exactly, your post was kind of vague.
I have a prodigal sister who returned home, pregnant and her and her boyfriend have moved into my parent's home because of being kicked out of their own apartment. We caught him watching inappropriate content a few days ago and my sister is now aware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MyLordYeshuaTheMessiah

Nov 12, 2017
london
✟29,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a prodigal sister who returned home, pregnant and her and her boyfriend have moved into my parent's home because of being kicked out of their own apartment.
Tough spot to be in.
If your sister and her 'boyfriend' aren't married.
Your parents are partaking in your sisters adultery, by supporting them living together. Scripture says, if you so much as bid a sinner God-speed, you partake in their sin. They're providing a foundation for sin, for the boyfriend.

Let them understand that.
If your sister is a Christian(or not), she needs to stop having a friendship and sexual relationship with her boyfriend.
They are not bound together.

I understand their position, not wanting their daughter to be hurt. But they cannot allow the boyfriend to live there.

I feel sorry for you, because there's little you can do. Other than explain to them what they're doing is wrong.
Continue talking to them. But no matter what you do, don't hold it against your parents, your sister, and your boyfriend.
Talk to everyone in your household and explain to them, including sister and boyfriend.
If they choose not to listen, keep telling them. Otherwise continue showing love and pray to God.

Upvote 0

Whisperfan

Nov 9, 2018
New York
✟28,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Tough spot to be in.
If your sister and her 'boyfriend' aren't married.
Your parents are partaking in your sisters adultery, by supporting them living together. Scripture says, if you so much as bid a sinner God-speed, you partake in their sin. They're providing a foundation for sin, for the boyfriend.

Let them understand that.
If your sister is a Christian(or not), she needs to stop having a friendship and sexual relationship with her boyfriend.
They are not bound together.

I understand their position, not wanting their daughter to be hurt. But they cannot allow the boyfriend to live there.

I feel sorry for you, because there's little you can do. Other than explain to them what they're doing is wrong.
Continue talking to them. But no matter what you do, don't hold it against your parents, your sister, and your boyfriend.
Talk to everyone in your household and explain to them, including sister and boyfriend.
If they choose not to listen, keep telling them. Otherwise continue showing love and pray to God.
Thank you for the advice and will do

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Make plans for where you will live.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your family is failing the spiritual battle. They are letting righteousness be overrun by the evil spirit, because they are soft. The Holy Spirit is losing ground, and destruction is coming amidst you.

It's deadly destructive serious. You need to stand the ground for God - make no place for wickedness among you, ruling over you when you bear the name of Jesus.

Please read this post I wrote to you last time about that: I Need Advice For My Family .. I am speaking from experience.

"Better is a meal of vegetables where there is love, than a fattened ox where there is hatred."
"Better to dwell on the corner of a roof than in the house with a quarrelsome wife."
"Like a muddied spring and polluted well is the righteous who yields before the wicked."
"Guard your heart, for from it flow the issues of life."

.. etc, etc. Your folks need to use wisdom as a defence against the evil that your sister is bringing under their roof.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Amazing position to be in, but I'm amazed at how you've reached out and trusted others with this. You're definitely headed on a straighter path to God than most.

I can assure you that God has no use for cowards, so great job with possessing enough courage to be willing to reach out to find out what you're going to do. I assure you that God loves and wants confident men and women. Confident ones are calm, rational, clear thinkers and always have tons more options for resolution than those of the weaker sense.

Of course, general obedience (doing things rightly) eliminates sin so by osmosis, the sin is replaced by natural confidence. In order to have this confidence, you can't be submissive to anyone is rank. No one is greater than you, that means you can stand your ground as you know that you're on level planes with everyone that is not an authority. So believe in yourself, that you are worthy of God and that the thoughts of this boyfriend, or anyone else, do not interfere with your clear thinking (confidence).

We cannot submit to people. Doing such causes a lot of problems. Think about it for a while and you'll see what I mean in how this false form of submission messes up EVERYTHING! So in order to ensure that your submissions are proper, you have to understand them, and that means you need to have your beliefs in proper order. Proper beliefs always lead to proper submissions which always leads to the ability to obey and do things rightly. The natural result is elevated, natural confidence and from there, you are able to lead and share all aspects of yourself, including the incredibly Powerful Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I think that you're exceptional; I absolutely believe in you. You'll handle this and you'll be fine. I know it.

Reactions: Whisperfan
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You do not say if your parents have Christian beliefs. The fact that inappropriate content is apparently new into your home seems to indicate they have some moral values. It is outrageous that the boyfriend brought inappropriate content in and that he is apparently, frankly, sponging off of your parents. It seems to me that they are being enablers and they need to learn how to set up personal boundaries and not just let others take advantage of them.

It is not in your sister's best interest to be allowed to carry on her sexual activities inside the home and the boyfriend needs to be responsible and get a job and his own home. What kind of a winner is he going to be as a father and a husband - and why hasn't he married her? (Not that he sounds like great marriage material. At all.)

It is great that you love your parents enough, and that they have been involved with you enough, that you want their presence and support in your life. i would tell them, "Hey Mom and Dad you have another child who also needs, you - me! I need your support and attention, too! Let's make an appointment for when we can schedule some time together. Am I just as important to you?"

If they have any real Christian values help them see they are being major enablers and setting an awful example for their daughter, because they are allowing her boyfriend to use people and to pollute their home with inappropriate content. He needs to be given a gracious, but determined, exit out the door. If he doesn't have a job, maybe they should give him a deadline of about a month so he can pay his own way. If he doesn't get one, oh well, bye bye anyway. If he sees they mean it, I think he will find employment. If not, how is it going to help anyone, including himself, if he is showing no personal responsibility?

The book Boundaries, from the library, or cheap used at Amazon, has been a wonderful help to many who are being imposed upon. Perhaps you could encourage them to read it.

• Agree
Reactions: Whisperfan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums