I am worried God may not accept me

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
I just feel God may not accept me if I show to others that I do not have faith in the fairness of God judgement that everyone got their fair chance and it is because I maybe do not know Him well. I believe everyone did but sometimes I question if they did if they would reject it but I think that is probably a lie from the devil for God makes sure everyone had a fair chance to receive the gospel. I hope He does not consider my faith as dead that I am not a true believer but how can I know Him better to be more fruitful. I hope He will accept me but I don’t know if He will consider me a real believer if I am not fruitful showing that I have a very deep relationship with God being able to convince others to follow Him

I watched this video on the Lord soon return and wonder if the Lord considers I have oil and I wonder if my seeking marriage without a deep relationship with Christ is likened to Judas betrayal of Christ

“I Just Seen Jesus & This Is What He... - Rapture Prophecy | Facebook

Last edited:

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just feel God may not accept me if I show to others that I do not have faith in the fairness of God judgement that everyone got their fair chance and it is because I maybe do not know Him well. I believe everyone did but sometimes I question if they did if they would reject it but I think that is probably a lie from the devil for God makes sure everyone had a fair chance to receive the gospel. I hope He does not consider my faith as dead that I am not a true believer but how can I know Him better to be more fruitful. I hope He will accept me but I don’t know if He will consider me a real believer if I am not fruitful showing that I have a very deep relationship with God being able to convince others to follow Him

I watched this video on the Lord soon return and wonder if the Lord considers I have oil and I wonder if my seeking marriage without a deep relationship with Christ is likened to Judas betrayal of Christ

The Parable of the Prodigal Son
11 And he said, “There was a man who had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them. 13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living. 14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out toa]">[a] one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. 16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.

17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’ 20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’b]">[b] 22 But the father said to his servants,c]">[c] ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. 23 And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate.

• Friendly
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As a young Christian, every church I had access to deceived me. I had to drop out and study for myself. I found the truest expression of the faith, one that deals with your concerns, in the Protestant Reformation, namely in Calvinism. It provides great freedom from what people largely believe today.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
As a young Christian, every church I had access to deceived me. I had to drop out and study for myself. I found the truest expression of the faith, one that deals with your concerns, in the Protestant Reformation, namely in Calvinism. It provides great freedom from what people largely believe today.

I like your posts I learn from them and think they are true I do believe Christ however died for everyone incase they would receive Him not just because He foresaw they would receive Him but His death only redeems those who choose Him. I do not believe Calvinism that people don’t have a free choice to choose Him when God draws them to Him. I do believe the full truth is in the bible but a church would not lead one astray if you are sincere and seek to follow the bible but they just don’t have everything right and many churches don’t follow the bible so you have to follow the bible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like your posts I learn from them and think they are true I do believe Christ however died for everyone incase they would receive Him but His death only redeems those who choose Him. I do not believe Calvinism that people don’t have a free choice to choose Him when God draws them to Him. I do believe the full truth is in the bible but a church would not lead one astray if you sincere seek to follow the bible but they just don’t have everything right and many churches don’t follow the bible so you have to follow the bible
I used to attack Calvinist. But God miraculously opened my eyes to Limited Atonement one night in a church where they were teaching against it! They stated the doctrine correctly so they could attack it. I saw the truth in it when they stated it. It was the biggest turning point in my life since the new birth. I would recommend spending some time with it because in it you find two different versions of Christianity. One true, the other false.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
But the problem with limited atonement is God didn’t die for people to win them He only dies for them if they choose Him if one foreknew one would choose Him and Calvinism teaches some do not have freedom to choose Him. I think I could accept limited atonement it seems right He did offer to die for the whole world and gave all the chance but He only died for the sheep those He foreknew would accept Him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the problem with limited atonement is God didn’t die for people to win them He only dies for them if they choose Him if one foreknew one would choose Him
God chose to save a few in comparison to the many he did not. And paid for their sins on the cross. This enabled him to treat them as though they never sinned, and to give them eternal life. If you believe, you are one for whom he died. If you must choose to believe, it is because you don't. And are instead trying to act saved thinking that will save you.

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
I disagree because I believe people do have the choice whether to ask God to make them believe and if they do seek Him Christ promises to make them believe. They can not believe unless God let’s them but they have the freedom to seek God diligently to be a believer and God can give to them

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree because I believe people do have the choice whether to ask God to make them believe and if they do seek Him Christ promises to make them believe. They can not believe unless God let’s them but they have the freedom to seek God diligently to be a believer and God can give to them
Here's the problem with that.

People before salvation;

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19–21 (KJV 1900)

People After God saves them;

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.” Galatians 5:22–26 (KJV 1900)

Notice, faith is a fruit of the Spirit you must have before you can believe as a saving level.

Reactions: A.ModerateOne
Upvote 0

A.ModerateOne

Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Florida
✟33,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like your posts I learn from them and think they are true I do believe Christ however died for everyone incase they would receive Him not just because He foresaw they would receive Him but His death only redeems those who choose Him. I do not believe Calvinism that people don’t have a free choice to choose Him when God draws them to Him. I do believe the full truth is in the bible but a church would not lead one astray if you are sincere and seek to follow the bible but they just don’t have everything right and many churches don’t follow the bible so you have to follow the bible

Mike, you mention people's "free choice" and this is something that many misunderstand about the teachings of men like Martin Luther and John Calvin, that are based squarely on Scripture. For me, the presentation that distinguishes between free agency and free will helps clarify the matter.

Every man has freedom to make his choices in life and he is responsible for these choices. His choices are dictated by his own sense of his need or desires, by his very nature; not something always forced from without. This is free agency.

Every man has a sin nature inherited from Adam and his sinful nature has him bound so in spiritual matters he is not truly free to choose God and live to serve God, he has NO free will in this sense. It is only when God the Holy Spirit opens the heart and rescues him from his bondage to his sinful will can he truly believe and be justified by faith in Jesus Christ. I think of three verses that indicate this idea.

"One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyati′ra, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to give heed to what was said by Paul." (Acts 16:14 RSV)

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant that they will repent and come to know the truth, and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will." (2Tim 2:24-26 RSV)

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of God; and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." (Acts 13:48 RSV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

There is truly only one basis for being accepted by God. Are you in Christ or not? If you are in Christ, then you are accepted. It's not on the basis of behaviour but on relationship.

Many Christians get it back to front. They think that they must behave right to be considered righteous. It's the reverse. The righteous are able, in Christ, to live in a way that pleases God. How? Because Lord Jesus is righteous on our behalf. He always does the right thing and it is He that represents us to God. Now we need to pursue right living, for our own sake as well as our witness to the lost world. But if we discover what God has done for us in Christ, we will breathe a sigh of relief and get on being who God has made us to be in Christ.

I suggest that you get stuck into God's word and read up on just what God has done for you. Ask God to open your eyes to see. God always works from the inside out. It's like a seed is planted in us that grows. It is not automatic. We need to learn God's ways, spend time with Him and ask Him to set us free from things that hold us back. We need to be patient with ourselves and cut ourselves some slack. God expects far less from us than we expect from ourselves. You will fail. But you will grow as a result. When we fail, we learn that we must depend on God in that area. It's a lifetime work but worth every second of it.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,838.00
Faith
Christian
Here's the problem with that.

People before salvation;

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19–21 (KJV 1900)

People After God saves them;

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.” Galatians 5:22–26 (KJV 1900)

Notice, faith is a fruit of the Spirit you must have before you can believe as a saving level.

God offers to save all no one can come unless God first draws him. But He draws all He is not willing for any to perish. But if one hardens one heart to drawing he may not be able to believe and be able to do His will one would have to seek Him diligently while He can be found. To take every chance to repent not knowing when one will die and if one will find difficulty finding Him to repent

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son that all who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

This is my favourite verse in the Bible.
It says it all.
I thank my Lord every day for the sacrifice he made for me.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

God knows all of your weaknesses and flaws. He knows them much better than you do. And He still loves you nonetheless.
He thinks you are absolutely amazing. And why would He not? You are His creation, His handiwork. He knitted you together in your mother's womb and all your hairs are numbered.
Our God is love. It is His very nature - to love perfectly without boundaries or limits. He loves all of those He created and He loves you.
Talk to Him. He cares about you more deeply than you will ever realise. Do not be afraid to share with Him your hopes and dreams, your fears, your faults and shortcomings. He will embrace you. He will richly pardon. And He will lavish you with His love. And don't forget to tell Him the things that are going well for you, the hobbies you enjoy, the people, places and things that are special to you. Share these times with Him and give Him thanks for the good gifts and opportunities He has given you. Tell Him that you appreciate Him. I strongly believe that there is nothing that touches the Father's heart as much as the simple expression of love given to Him by his children. And you are one of them.
May you be comforted and blessed by God who loves you dearly and holds you so nearly. Rejoice in Him. Rest in Him.
Let yourself go and allow yourself to be surrounded by the love of our Lord and His wondrous care. Allow Him to touch every area of your life.
God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums