Toronto
✟16,534.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Been going through a lot of bad stuff and at this point it’s hard to imagine things getting much better. Even with me doing things “correctly” it will take me at least another 6 years to get out of the hole that I’m in and Ive already wasted half my life.

Without going into detail, there’s a complex variety of things going on that are interconnected and the situation I’m in doesn’t seem to allow me to get out of this mess. Essentially if I make a move to improve in one area then I it will put me in worse situation in other areas. It’s a complicated situation but I’m talking a combination of massive debt, contracts, relationships and health issues, just to give you an idea.

the worst part of it is I’ve been doing things “correctly” by whole life, and still have wound up in a terrible situation I don’t think I can ever truly recover from.

You would think I would have a ton of good karma for being “good” my whole life but God somehow wants me to suffer continuously and tremendously.

Makes me really question the existence of God and religion. I know the religious response is “Youre supposed to have faith” which seems like a very convenient counter argument at this point and I’ve had faith all along and nothing seems to improve.

thoughts/ advice ?

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is no manual to life, and we all go different paths. I am in a situation much like yours. People pressure you and wear you down, to get you to go with their follies, in order for you to speak to them or be able to ask for help. Or ask them to stop causing hurt and pain. So, here is some of my situation, I stopped opening mail and paying some bills like 4-5 years ago. So I expect my card to stop working at any moment. My mother became ill around 6 monthsd ago, and since people we share use her to manipulate me as a simple tool, I had to remove myself from them and her, and live on the side of them. Because she is not strong enough, and I feared it may end in her dying. So now I can talk somewhat to them, and mom is doing way better after I removed myself and cut the link that manipulated her.

So, now I am trying to get the communication going with my father, to help me sort out the debt, that we all are awere of, but none has asked an honest question about, just insinuated and tried to manipulate and dig into. Bt father is also a bit weak at the moment, since his wife is sick, and they are apart. So he will not let me ask him about advance in inheritance, been trying to feel it out for almost 3 months. And now they try to manipulate me into getting vaccinated, instead of just asking me. They know I could not have done it, since I am registered in another municipality, and I have not been there in 3-4 years. So, I do not know what happen, but if they do not let me tell about the debt, I cannot fix it, and assume there has come some letter in the mail about a date in court, that leads to somebody coming and seezing assets and the little money I have.

It was very difficult and worrying for me before I had faith. And before I had the mission of doing something constructive about it, and help my mother and father going through their healthissues. I have no fears about it anymore, I have tried, and I will try to see if there is strength and honesty in them once a week, while waiting for their strength to grow. I did this to myself, through much anger and conflict with another person, and not speaking to my family for butting in. So I left my life and let them sit with my empty shell. Then I found God and peacer, and strength, no fear, and came back. So I am very pleased with God coming into my life. So cannot really advice you much if you have done what is right along the way with faith. I messed up without God, and try to fix with God, different paths. All I can say is that leaving anger is a must, and then you must perhaps get some people out of your life, and just treat them as common people you meet in the public space, so you might deal with fear. That way you get stronger and deal with stuff. I do not have toxic relations with anybody anymore, I cut them out. Then I leave a door open for the ones who can be honest and want to remedy some.

Good luck, hope you work it out

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been going through a lot of bad stuff and at this point it’s hard to imagine things getting much better. Even with me doing things “correctly” it will take me at least another 6 years to get out of the hole that I’m in and Ive already wasted half my life.

Without going into detail, there’s a complex variety of things going on that are interconnected and the situation I’m in doesn’t seem to allow me to get out of this mess. Essentially if I make a move to improve in one area then I it will put me in worse situation in other areas. It’s a complicated situation but I’m talking a combination of massive debt, contracts, relationships and health issues, just to give you an idea.

the worst part of it is I’ve been doing things “correctly” by whole life, and still have wound up in a terrible situation I don’t think I can ever truly recover from.

You would think I would have a ton of good karma for being “good” my whole life but God somehow wants me to suffer continuously and tremendously.

Makes me really question the existence of God and religion. I know the religious response is “Youre supposed to have faith” which seems like a very convenient counter argument at this point and I’ve had faith all along and nothing seems to improve.

thoughts/ advice ?
God works all things, including your dilemma, after the counsel of his own will. Some of the worst trials produce the best Christians. Know that He is in charge of this.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever I feel a bit downtrodden I do a YT search of little children rummaging through a landfill. After viewing one of these I realize I need to be very thankful and grateful for all of my blessings.

Edit: Please occasionally pray for little children that have to work hard everyday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As i have said before to others, you have to really trust in God. Especially through the tough times in life. This is when your faith is really tested.

You need to offer up your sufferings, your cross to God.

Jesus is carrying you, while you carry your cross. He is.

Be strong. Perseverance is needed in prayer and faith, however hard it gets my friend. You are NOT alone.

May God guide and comfort you and bring you peace and happiness.

God bless you

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m talking a combination of massive debt, contracts, relationships and health issues, just to give you an idea.
Out of all that, I would value my relationships the most. So, that might effect what I am willing to lose and what I want to save. In my case, right now, I am evaluating which relationships to invest in, and which are with people who are trying to use and control me.

Of course, I might be so convinced that some relationship is so great, when it is not.

So . . . in my case, I consider God the only One to trust and obey. And it does not matter what happens to all else.

Even if I do correct things, it might not be the correct items that God wants.

And, of course, there are things we humans can be sure are right, but God does not see it our way. There are lots of people, right now, who claim to be religious, for example, yet they insist that certain wrong things are ok.

Meanwhile, as I say, others can be morally correct but still not with God through Jesus. They can be controlling their own selves, as if they do not need God. And what happens if people think they are too good or too smart for Jesus? >

"God resists the proud," we have in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5. And because of His all-controlling resistance, then, things can be impossible. Yet, when a resisted person becomes humble and submits to God in His creativity in His peace . . . then is when that impossible puzzle can turn out to be a strategy. And then problems might actually lead to much better than whatever those troubles were threatening or taking away. And God can just fix a problem, except He will have things working out not only for you, but for all-loving benefit.

And God can help how we see things. A lot of problems can stop being trouble, if we simply see things in our Father's all-loving way.

Have you read how things went for Joseph? Genesis 37-50 > God used horrible things to bring Joseph to a better life than he would have by staying with his family, plus Joseph was used in an all-loving way since it was God all-loving who was working things out with Joseph.

Look how Jesus was crucified and God uses this for His all-loving good.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF. I am sorry you are going through a rough time. The "good news" is our Christian God does not conform to the "karma" system of justice. Why is that good? Because now you can let that go and start on the path that He does recognize. The path is through Jesus Christ of Nazareth giving us His Holy Spirit. Your life may not change immediatly or drastically however your heart towards God will change and that change is worth any amount of human suffering we deal with. He will be with you always as His Holy Spirit is the "Comforter" Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Newwave

Aug 8, 2021
Toronto
✟16,534.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There is no manual to life, and we all go different paths. I am in a situation much like yours. People pressure you and wear you down, to get you to go with their follies, in order for you to speak to them or be able to ask for help. Or ask them to stop causing hurt and pain. So, here is some of my situation, I stopped opening mail and paying some bills like 4-5 years ago. So I expect my card to stop working at any moment. My mother became ill around 6 monthsd ago, and since people we share use her to manipulate me as a simple tool, I had to remove myself from them and her, and live on the side of them. Because she is not strong enough, and I feared it may end in her dying. So now I can talk somewhat to them, and mom is doing way better after I removed myself and cut the link that manipulated her.

So, now I am trying to get the communication going with my father, to help me sort out the debt, that we all are awere of, but none has asked an honest question about, just insinuated and tried to manipulate and dig into. Bt father is also a bit weak at the moment, since his wife is sick, and they are apart. So he will not let me ask him about advance in inheritance, been trying to feel it out for almost 3 months. And now they try to manipulate me into getting vaccinated, instead of just asking me. They know I could not have done it, since I am registered in another municipality, and I have not been there in 3-4 years. So, I do not know what happen, but if they do not let me tell about the debt, I cannot fix it, and assume there has come some letter in the mail about a date in court, that leads to somebody coming and seezing assets and the little money I have.

It was very difficult and worrying for me before I had faith. And before I had the mission of doing something constructive about it, and help my mother and father going through their healthissues. I have no fears about it anymore, I have tried, and I will try to see if there is strength and honesty in them once a week, while waiting for their strength to grow. I did this to myself, through much anger and conflict with another person, and not speaking to my family for butting in. So I left my life and let them sit with my empty shell. Then I found God and peacer, and strength, no fear, and came back. So I am very pleased with God coming into my life. So cannot really advice you much if you have done what is right along the way with faith. I messed up without God, and try to fix with God, different paths. All I can say is that leaving anger is a must, and then you must perhaps get some people out of your life, and just treat them as common people you meet in the public space, so you might deal with fear. That way you get stronger and deal with stuff. I do not have toxic relations with anybody anymore, I cut them out. Then I leave a door open for the ones who can be honest and want to remedy some.

Good luck, hope you work it out

Sorry to hear that brother. My situation is very similar to yours so I can relate. I hope things get better for both of us.

having massive debt is a terrible thing, makes you a slave. And it is compounded by being locked into other contracts/ relationships. I beliveve you have to have freedom in order to truly live.

Upvote 0

Newwave

Aug 8, 2021
Toronto
✟16,534.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Out of all that, I would value my relationships the most. So, that might effect what I am willing to lose and what I want to save. In my case, right now, I am evaluating which relationships to invest in, and which are with people who are trying to use and control me.

Of course, I might be so convinced that some relationship is so great, when it is not.

So . . . in my case, I consider God the only One to trust and obey. And it does not matter what happens to all else.

Even if I do correct things, it might not be the correct items that God wants.

And, of course, there are things we humans can be sure are right, but God does not see it our way. There are lots of people, right now, who claim to be religious, for example, yet they insist that certain wrong things are ok.

Meanwhile, as I say, others can be morally correct but still not with God through Jesus. They can be controlling their own selves, as if they do not need God. And what happens if people think they are too good or too smart for Jesus? >

"God resists the proud," we have in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5. And because of His all-controlling resistance, then, things can be impossible. Yet, when a resisted person becomes humble and submits to God in His creativity in His peace . . . then is when that impossible puzzle can turn out to be a strategy. And then problems might actually lead to much better than whatever those troubles were threatening or taking away. And God can just fix a problem, except He will have things working out not only for you, but for all-loving benefit.

And God can help how we see things. A lot of problems can stop being trouble, if we simply see things in our Father's all-loving way.

Have you read how things went for Joseph? Genesis 37-50 > God used horrible things to bring Joseph to a better life than he would have by staying with his family, plus Joseph was used in an all-loving way since it was God all-loving who was working things out with Joseph.

Look how Jesus was crucified and God uses this for His all-loving good.

You are probably correct but having debt, contracts, health issues also impacts the ability to have/ maintain relationships.

• Informative
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Newwave

Aug 8, 2021
Toronto
✟16,534.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I feel a bit downtrodden I do a YT search of little children rummaging through a landfill. After viewing one of these I realize I need to be very thankful and grateful for all of my blessings.

Edit: Please occasionally pray for little children that have to work hard everyday.

I agree, and I realize there are many people in the world who have it more difficult than me.

people unjustly in third world prisons, people with serious disabilities, children living in poverty, slavery, war, etc.

And I am grateful for the good I have received. Believe me I am. But at this point I think a homeless man is richer than me as a homeless man has zero and free to roam while I am in massive
debt and bound by responsibility I do not want or need.

I am a prisoner and a slave to my own morality.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are probably correct but having debt, contracts, health issues also impacts the ability to have/ maintain relationships.
But in our troubles we might discover others who know how to love.

But we need to make sure we are not trying to just use other people. First love and care for each person, even if he or she does not know how to love.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry to hear that brother. My situation is very similar to yours so I can relate. I hope things get better for both of us.

having massive debt is a terrible thing, makes you a slave. And it is compounded by being locked into other contracts/ relationships. I beliveve you have to have freedom in order to truly live.
Thank you, but have no pity for me. I have not been as happy as I am now, apart from a few years 20 years ago. Was clinically depressed from childhood, and had to stop antidepressants to stop being depressed.

I do not worry about the debt. The others should, because ultimately it will be them who pays it, I have no money. And I think you want your relations fixed and want to kerrep people in your life, bit different from me. I have taken them out, and I neded that, because the feeling of betrayel tore me down, each time I had to interact with them in familyevents like christmas and summer. And I shown them in action that they are out during the summer, think they got the message. Then I told my manipulator that I had cut the players she used off my familytree. Then I saw some tearing up in their eyes the next time I saw them. And am supposed to meet my manipulator today, but I do not know if I will do that, bit dangerous, she might have somebody waiting to attack me. Need to make it clear that she cannot attack me anymore, and I have forgiven her. But will never forgive the others, and please stop using them. And let me settle the financial mess. Up to her if she abide or not.

I cannot have dishonesty and conflict, better to end relations. And it was just sons and daughters of Satan, so not helpful for my faith.

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

thoughts/ advice ?
1 Peter 3:17-18 says "For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit."
Daniel 12:10 says "Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

The reason that good people suffer is because God wants to bring them closer to him. He is purifying us this way. The more you overcome your struggle through faith and love, the more purified you become.
Let me give you an example
A white shirt that is dirty needs soap or bleach to be cleaned.
Our souls also become darker when we sin and the only way for the Lord to clean our souls is to baptize us through the fire( meaning through struggles/trials and tribulation) and the victorious one(meaning the one who continues to believe and have faith in him) will be Rewarded.

Revelation 3:5-6 "The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches

May the Lord Bless you and forgive you for all your sins.
May Your prayers reach the God Almighty in Heaven
May the Lord send his angels down to help you overcome all your troubles
I ask in the of our Lord Jesus christ
Amen

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

thoughts/ advice ?
If you belong to Christ, this life isn't about you. What's more, if you belong to Christ, your situation is exactly where God planned for you to be in.

When I was a little kid, left alone (in the tropics, South America) during a lightning storm torrential downpour in our tin roof house (no ceilings), I was terrified, til it came to me that this was GOD who was doing this, and he can do anything he wants, for his own reasons. I found myself enjoying the storm!

Of course, you aren't exactly expected to enjoy what is happening to you, but your focus would be better on Christ than on your storm and on your frustration and despair.

You seem to think that because you have been good, you deserve something. God owes nobody anything.

But again, this life is not about you. This life isn't even about this life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Sorry to hear that.

It can always be worse, though. When I've dealt with the disappointment in my own life, I have had to take inventory of the good things I did have, and thank God for them. It was tough to do that sincerely at first, but it became easier when I remembered that there are people in the world who have far worse situations in terms of family, relationships, standard of living, and physical safety. I'm still single, but my friend went through a horrible divorce and has a horrible custody arrangement. I'm not living the life I want to live, but I am a heck of a lot better off than a Christian my age in Iraq or Syria. Thanking God for what I do have can be hard, but healthy. It doesn't eliminate my problems or the need to solve them, but it balances my perspective.

First of all, karma is a concept in Eastern religions that is mutually exclusive with the Abrahamic faiths. Christianity has the law of sowing and reaping, but it's not karma.
Second, we don't know when we'll reap what we sow. Sometimes it happens in this life, sometimes it's the next.
Third, either mercy for forgiven sin can override it. Additionally, since our good works cannot cover over our sins, if a sin isn't forgiven that could be enough to override any good works we might have "banked". One of the reasons why we desperately need Jesus.

thoughts/ advice ?
Why would God's existence depend on how well life goes for you? Christianity holds God to be the eternal Creator of all things; he was here before we or our problems were. The universe exists because of him.

Furthermore, there were truly horrible happenings described in both Testaments of Scripture, yet God's existence and power and holy character is upheld throughout. Hence, whether it's war, famine, plague, poverty, loneliness, or loss, God still is there and can be reached. He's at the top, so it's unproductive to fight him on what he did or didn't do, or for anything else - so we might as well take what he offers us in these hard times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you belong to Christ, this life isn't about you. What's more, if you belong to Christ, your situation is exactly where God planned for you to be in.

When I was a little kid, left alone (in the tropics, South America) during a lightning storm torrential downpour in our tin roof house (no ceilings), I was terrified, til it came to me that this was GOD who was doing this, and he can do anything he wants, for his own reasons. I found myself enjoying the storm!

Of course, you aren't exactly expected to enjoy what is happening to you, but your focus would be better on Christ than on your storm and on your frustration and despair.

You seem to think that because you have been good, you deserve something. God owes nobody anything.

But again, this life is not about you. This life isn't even about this life.

I must have been 5 years old. I was knocked on my backside by lightning. i wasn't hurt one bit and I've always loved lightning shows.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Life makes sense, when we rest fully in Christ.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

thoughts/ advice ?

Read the book of Job.

Upvote 0