✟15,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for Christian advice here from my Christian brothers and sister, I’ve been praying about this, I’ve been studying my situation, the Lord has shown me the truth. I feel I have no realized I am in a devil’s trap and every direction I turn there is no way out, I am locked in. They got me good.

So, I was desperate for a job with benefits and a new career in early 2020. My father-in-law got a new job with an "old boss" of his working for a copier company. (I honestly had no idea who this guy was, I had no sales experience but something was tempting me to go into it). “it’s a good career” “commissions are great” “Sales is a good gig” “You could do well, we want you on the team” I was told by a lot of people and by his boss.

So, after I had the interview and something wasn’t right. I couldn’t pin it. My gut told me “Do not take this job, I swear to do, you do not want to do this”. The same intuition that tells me to “yes marry this girl make her your wife”, “break up with this girlfriend” “Don’t go to this college”, just this gut-wrenching heart pounding feeling. Desperate, I decided to ignore it this time and take the job.

Well, the pandemic hit and they moved me to a supply role for a little bit working remote. My wife luckily got a retail job and tutors so she is out all the time. Once we moved into our new apartment, I realized I was all alone. I am literally home alone, cold calling every day. At night she works and I am alone. I am home alone trapped to my own devices (Drinking, video games, inappropriate content, weed) in a field I find toxic and manipulative. It's got me so depressed being away from all my family and friends, in a new state where I don't know anyone so I turned to substances.

Our boss called me up and said we are moving you over to the sales side in august, we will teach you, get you a mentor, etc. Then a week later he called me up and said I was moving over tomorrow. He pretty much coerced me into the job when I hesitated. “Well, I don’t see a need for you. I’ll contact HR to terminate your contract”. So I am still working from home alone, or I drive 50 miles just to meet with a customer.

I’ve applied to several jobs I am qualified for but they all are in limbo “Our new director will make that decision” “It’s still being processed”, “We decided to budget cut and we don’t know if it’s needed” every excuse in the book, every door closed. I can't even become a teacher aid, I was turned down and I was a certified school teacher for 3 years.

After praying and allowing the Holy Spirit to speak to me, God has now shown me I am completely locked in. I am home alone to my own demons and vices, in a toxic industry that serves money, cold calling all day, forcing me to travel, my blood pressure is actually very high because of it. They don’t care if you have a disability or are a hard worker, they want you to make them money. IE they got me a pen for my one year anniversary at the company, at least in teaching the poor teachers could afford a $50 gift card and a handwritten note and cake. Not here.

So, God has shown me that I realize I am in the trap and I know the enemy is going to use my family, co-workers, friends to convince me to stay. “What will you do if you get sick?” “You can’t get a job at publix, you’re 30.” “You need a career, you cant work job to job” “How will you afford rent” “You can’t just quit, what will the next employer say?” etc etc etc.

Any advice, prayers, and recommendations is helpful. How do I escape this?

Thank you,

Last edited:

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
So, God has shown me that I realize I am in the trap and I know the enemy is going to use my family, co-workers, friends to convince me to stay. “What will you do if you get sick?” “You can’t get a job at publix, you’re 30.” “You need a career, you cant work job to job” “How will you afford rent” “You can’t just quit, what will the next employer say?” etc etc etc.

First thing, tell your family, co-workers, friends, whoever to mind their own business. Stop letting people sway you. Honestly employers don't care if you quit/got fired/laid off. The easiest reply to that one is "the position wasn't a good fit for me".

Second, I encourage you to find a Celebrate Recovery group near you. CR is a christian 12 step program for your "hurts, habits and hangups". The open meetings also have small group meetings based on what you're dealing with, like inappropriate content, drug use, etc. Then there's the 12 step program. That is roughly a 1 year commitment, it involves a lot of scripture, insightful questions from the guides, group discussion, and then for step 4, you will do an inventory of ALL your hurts, habits and hangups, going as far back in your life as you can. It is freeing! I just finished my second step study. Feel free to PM me for more info.

Praying for you

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How are you going to get off alcohol and drugs? Are you addicted? You could go to rehab. Are you making any commissions so that you have some money? Can you take a sales class at a local college or online? They don’t teach you to be under handed so don’t be. Are you going to church? It seems obvious to me that you would want to. Reading your bible for peace in the midst of the storm. It’s hard to seek God if you are drinking and drugging. It’s not hopeless you could make friends at church. Jesus loves you but you are escaping your situation, not facing it. lol. We all make mistakes but you have compounded it. It’s not the end for you though. Go to church fight your way out of this for the lord your reputation for your wife. You are better than this. Don’t freak out. Go to AA and talk about it.

• Useful
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
CR may be good advice.
Have you ever heard the expression "he was the right person in the right place at the right time?"
The more you become a right person, the more right places and right times there will be for you.
CR is a good place to start.
Same thing works in the opposite direction, in a very painful manner. The wronger we become, the fewer and fewer right places and right times there are for us, and the smaller and more unpleasant they get.

Prayers for you brother. Pray, follow God and He will lead you out.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Can you try reading your Bible instead of feeding into your addictions? it is helpful to know scriptures and quote them when faced with temptations, for example, any time you feel like watching inappropriate content, say, 1Cor 6:19-20 '...know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in you, which ye have of God and ye are not your own for ye are bought with a price, therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are God's',

Praying for you

• Useful
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for Christian advice here from my Christian brothers and sister, I’ve been praying about this, I’ve been studying my situation, the Lord has shown me the truth. I feel I have no realized I am in a devil’s trap and every direction I turn there is no way out, I am locked in. They got me good.

So, I was desperate for a job with benefits and a new career in early 2020. My father-in-law got a new job with an "old boss" of his working for a copier company. (I honestly had no idea who this guy was, I had no sales experience but something was tempting me to go into it). “it’s a good career” “commissions are great” “Sales is a good gig” “You could do well, we want you on the team” I was told by a lot of people and by his boss.

So, after I had the interview and something wasn’t right. I couldn’t pin it. My gut told me “Do not take this job, I swear to do, you do not want to do this”. The same intuition that tells me to “yes marry this girl make her your wife”, “break up with this girlfriend” “Don’t go to this college”, just this gut-wrenching heart pounding feeling. Desperate, I decided to ignore it this time and take the job.

Well, the pandemic hit and they moved me to a supply role for a little bit working remote. My wife luckily got a retail job and tutors so she is out all the time. Once we moved into our new apartment, I realized I was all alone. I am literally home alone, cold calling every day. At night she works and I am alone. I am home alone trapped to my own devices (Drinking, video games, inappropriate content, weed) in a field I find toxic and manipulative. It's got me so depressed being away from all my family and friends, in a new state where I don't know anyone so I turned to substances.

Our boss called me up and said we are moving you over to the sales side in august, we will teach you, get you a mentor, etc. Then a week later he called me up and said I was moving over tomorrow. He pretty much coerced me into the job when I hesitated. “Well, I don’t see a need for you. I’ll contact HR to terminate your contract”. So I am still working from home alone, or I drive 50 miles just to meet with a customer.

I’ve applied to several jobs I am qualified for but they all are in limbo “Our new director will make that decision” “It’s still being processed”, “We decided to budget cut and we don’t know if it’s needed” every excuse in the book, every door closed. I can't even become a teacher aid, I was turned down and I was a certified school teacher for 3 years.

After praying and allowing the Holy Spirit to speak to me, God has now shown me I am completely locked in. I am home alone to my own demons and vices, in a toxic industry that serves money, cold calling all day, forcing me to travel, my blood pressure is actually very high because of it. They don’t care if you have a disability or are a hard worker, they want you to make them money. IE they got me a pen for my one year anniversary at the company, at least in teaching the poor teachers could afford a $50 gift card and a handwritten note and cake. Not here.

Thank you,
My friend,have hope. I am only 18 and I overcame inappropriate contentography.What you need to realize is that inappropriate contentography is extremely dangerous not only for your financial and personal informations safety,but also it is extremely addictive.I read an article by a Christian man named Dale Partridge,and his article cut deep.It basically says this,Praying for strength to quit inappropriate contentography is not helpful but with the strength of the holy spirit God has already blessed you with a way out,actually he has gracefully blessed you with two.I overcame inappropriate contentography after 6 years of slavery by simply doing this,every time I have an adulterous or sexually immoral though,I simply say “I REBUKE THIS THOUGHT IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST” over and over and it works tremendously,however going back to the article the hard truth is you love inappropriate contentography,and if you refuse to quit you are showing Christ that you love it more than him.My brother and friend you have a way out and a blessed way out.Your dear wife is one of those ways.ALWAYS REMEMBER “The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.”1 Corinthians 7:4

Remember,your body is not your own,it belongs to God and your wife.IOW every time you indulge in inappropriate contentography you are disobeying God,violating his ownership of your body and violating your wife’s ownership of your body.But worst yet,though I’m not married,I do know from testimonies from men that overcame inappropriate contentography,it severely hurts your wife. Imagine how hurtful it would be for her to find out everytime you have sexual contact with her,your imaging her as another woman.My friend the worst part of all of it is.If you don’t repent of inappropriate contentography now,you will not inherit the kingdom and of God.It is very very very important you stop right now!

But also a logical reminder,women in inappropriate contentography are unrepentant,dirty,adulterous,selfish ,fornicating women that have no self control.However,Somwtimes they are even victims of sex trafficking and are forced to do the acts shown.

But here’s the hurtful part,you must come to your wife and tell her about it.It is very likely she will be very hurt,but that’s the hard truth of repentance.

My dear friend,you have hope and a way out.I will absolutely send prayers for you.At least once a day.You have my promise.

remember Confess it to God himself,then your wife,and change.This means turning your lustful and sexual temptations away and rebuking them in Christ’s name.It is possible you also negotiate and make agreements woth you and your wife.Maybe her cutting back hours on days and working longer on others.therefore you have more time to spend with her,and a sexual outlet.

I hope this has been helpful,and it may hurt,but that’s not my intention.You have hope in your hands,grasp it and with the help of Christ you will overcome

God bless you✝️

Upvote 0

turbobull

Jul 29, 2021
Boston
✟15,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How are you going to get off alcohol and drugs? Are you addicted? You could go to rehab. Are you making any commissions so that you have some money? Can you take a sales class at a local college or online? They don’t teach you to be under handed so don’t be. Are you going to church? It seems obvious to me that you would want to. Reading your bible for peace in the midst of the storm. It’s hard to seek God if you are drinking and drugging. It’s not hopeless you could make friends at church. Jesus loves you but you are escaping your situation, not facing it. lol. We all make mistakes but you have compounded it. It’s not the end for you though. Go to church fight your way out of this for the lord your reputation for your wife. You are better than this. Don’t freak out. Go to AA and talk about it.

Thanks. No, I'm not addicted, I wouldn't need rehab. But I do drink 2-3 beers almost every night. As far as the drugs, I just do CBD. But still, it gives a head buzz and makes you tired and relieves any anxieties. I really just want it out of my system.

I am reading the bible, but it's about every other night. We do a bible study where we read each book. I'll tell what I relate to though. I feel as if God is speaking to me through the story of Jacob. I left all of my family, friends behind. I am in a new land, working a job I am miserable in. God will have a promised land for me at some point and will give those blessings, it's just a matter of fighting the temptations so I can get closer to Him.

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

turbobull

Jul 29, 2021
Boston
✟15,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can you try reading your Bible instead of feeding into your addictions? it is helpful to know scriptures and quote them when faced with temptations, for example, any time you feel like watching inappropriate content, say, 1Cor 6:19-20 '...know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in you, which ye have of God and ye are not your own for ye are bought with a price, therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are God's',

Praying for you

I will and have tried that over the last week. I read my bible and a book by Bill Gilham. So the enemy is very decptive, I've realized that if inappropriate content can be controlled,the temptation to crack open a few beers is there. Then once I have the beer, I either get angry then fall into the inappropriate content trap again. So..I have be useful of these verses on all angles.

Upvote 0

turbobull

Jul 29, 2021
Boston
✟15,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My friend,have hope. I am only 18 and I overcame inappropriate contentography.What you need to realize is that inappropriate contentography is extremely dangerous not only for your financial and personal informations safety,but also it is extremely addictive.I read an article by a Christian man named Dale Partridge,and his article cut deep.It basically says this,Praying for strength to quit inappropriate contentography is not helpful but with the strength of the holy spirit God has already blessed you with a way out,actually he has gracefully blessed you with two.I overcame inappropriate contentography after 6 years of slavery by simply doing this,every time I have an adulterous or sexually immoral though,I simply say “I REBUKE THIS THOUGHT IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST” over and over and it works tremendously,however going back to the article the hard truth is you love inappropriate contentography,and if you refuse to quit you are showing Christ that you love it more than him.My brother and friend you have a way out and a blessed way out.Your dear wife is one of those ways.ALWAYS REMEMBER “The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.”1 Corinthians 7:4

Remember,your body is not your own,it belongs to God and your wife.IOW every time you indulge in inappropriate contentography you are disobeying God,violating his ownership of your body and violating your wife’s ownership of your body.But worst yet,though I’m not married,I do know from testimonies from men that overcame inappropriate contentography,it severely hurts your wife. Imagine how hurtful it would be for her to find out everytime you have sexual contact with her,your imaging her as another woman.My friend the worst part of all of it is.If you don’t repent of inappropriate contentography now,you will not inherit the kingdom and of God.It is very very very important you stop right now!

But also a logical reminder,women in inappropriate contentography are unrepentant,dirty,adulterous,selfish ,fornicating women that have no self control.However,Somwtimes they are even victims of sex trafficking and are forced to do the acts shown.

But here’s the hurtful part,you must come to your wife and tell her about it.It is very likely she will be very hurt,but that’s the hard truth of repentance.

My dear friend,you have hope and a way out.I will absolutely send prayers for you.At least once a day.You have my promise.

remember Confess it to God himself,then your wife,and change.This means turning your lustful and sexual temptations away and rebuking them in Christ’s name.It is possible you also negotiate and make agreements woth you and your wife.Maybe her cutting back hours on days and working longer on others.therefore you have more time to spend with her,and a sexual outlet.

I hope this has been helpful,and it may hurt,but that’s not my intention.You have hope in your hands,grasp it and with the help of Christ you will overcome

God bless you✝️
Truth all the way. I agree with everything you said.

It's also biblical that men should not lust, it's not natural. It's not a far stretch to say not all men are like that and you can overcome, like you have. Yes, this is an addiction that is very bad. That's just it, addiction.

I will need to tell her. I know that in my heart.

I also believe this could be the reason why God isn't blessing my life. I fell into satan's trap, I was desperate for a job, but that job would surround me with all my vices. God will use it to show me "this is what your doing wrong, and why you are here. Overcome it and I will bless you again"

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've realized that if inappropriate content can be controlled,the temptation to crack open a few beers is there. Then once I have the beer, I either get angry then fall into the inappropriate content trap again.

Heh. Yep, whack-a-mole. The general state is 'trying to cope' with something and using coping mechanisms that aren't working anymore or are spiritually harmful. Solution is to double down on positive spiritual experiences, rebuilding the relationship w God and helping others to do the same. You may not have it to the degree that people think of when they think of "addicted", but, trust me from someone who knows, you don't want to wake up 20 years from now and find that since you never doubled back on it, you now are. You want to wake up 20 years from now and say "thank God for the life you've given me for the last 20 years since I turned to you".

Vices are like a man who casts a stone in a river.
"One won't hurt," he says.
And then "one more won't matter".

But the river is the man's soul.
And at the end, the river is dammed.
And so is the man.

• Friendly
Reactions: turbobull
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

turbobull

Jul 29, 2021
Boston
✟15,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Heh. Yep, whack-a-mole. The general state is 'trying to cope' with something and using coping mechanisms that aren't working anymore or are spiritually harmful. Solution is to double down on positive spiritual experiences, rebuilding the relationship w God and helping others to do the same. You may not have it to the degree that people think of when they think of "addicted", but, trust me from someone who knows, you don't want to wake up 20 years from now and find that since you never doubled back on it, you now are. You want to wake up 20 years from now and say "thank God for the life you've given me for the last 20 years since I turned to you".

Vices are like a man who casts a stone in a river.
"One won't hurt," he says.
And then "one more won't matter".

But the river is the man's soul.
And at the end, the river is dammed.
And so is the man.

Man haha, good encouragement. It is a round of whack-a-mole. Which one will get me first or lead to the others.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Prayers sent up. If you need more one on one help, come visit our Ask A Chaplain forum where you can be anonymous and get answers outside the view of others.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I pray first of all for freedom from your addiction to inappropriate content and alcohol. It seems to me those are the primary problems. Even if you get a better job, those demons will still be attacking you.

I pray that you will get so close to the Lord that you will be free. I also pray that you will get another job.

Upvote 0