1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

I am the first poster!

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by GreatistheLord, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatistheLord

GreatistheLord I can do ALL things through Christ

+60
    Charismatic
    Single
    what makes a business Christian?

2. SHA77

SHA77 Member

+1
    Christian
    What?

3. lady_of_god

lady_of_god Well-Known Member

+88
    Oneness
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I think its not so much a "business Christian" but rather Christian Business or Businesses... that makes more sense to me.

4. Linux98

Linux98 Well-Known Member

+13
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    One where Christian principals of stewardship and love are actively practiced. Even your business should be a light.

My question is...can a Christian Corporation be redeemed :)

5. growingupinhim

growingupinhim Well-Known Member

+93
    Christian
    US-Others
    golden rule~ followed

6. heron

heron Legend

+894
    Christian
    In Relationship
    :clap: :pray: :clap: ^_^ :clap:

I don't usually use icons, but you need a first poster dance!

7. heron

heron Legend

+894
    Christian
    In Relationship
    okay, back to business.
    Are you asking the question because you want to start one, or you want to transform your business? Or you're just throwing the dog biscuit out to start conversation...

I know of some businesses that pray for/with employees at the beginning of the day. It keeps a level of mutual respect and flattens the pyramid.

8. newbeliever02072005

newbeliever02072005 Have Courage to Trust God Supporter

+959
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican

God should be acknowledged at the beginning of each business day. I bet if more businesses made this a priority to start the day, they would be blessed beyond measure. God is the one and only employer. We should be thanking him for it.

Is this realistic?

God Bless!
    newbeliever :)

9. heron

heron Legend

+894
    Christian
    In Relationship
    It's realistic if everyone starts at the same time...if the company is small enough...if the employees are predominantly Christian. There you get into some legal issues--imposing a religious exercise on someone of a different religion. There are ways that you as an employer can bring God in without mandating or offending.

In defining a Christian business, I would start with the Mosaic Laws and Proverbs, as those are the key areas that show God's view of business practices. Honest weights and measures, timely payments, not overworking your animals (if you still use oxen to plow your fields) or depriving them of food and water, give your employees a consistent Sabbath day of rest.

If the ethics and character issues don't fall into place, then any verbal acknowledgement of God will be an affront to everyone involved, including God.

10. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Well-Known Member

+29
    Christian
    Why that's simple...they put a fish on their business card! ;)
    I see from example by some contractors that I've hired that this fish then covers a multitude of sins, such as dishonest business practice, laziness, poor job quality, incompetance, and so on. And if they know you are a Christian, then they point out their fish and begin....
    "But brother, have some grace, you don't know what's been going on in my life...pray for me."

A Christian business, for me, is identified by righteous business practice, lawful accounting, excellence in product, and respects relationships. A hand shake means something, even if has not been signed on a legal document. TRUST! It seeks to be profitable and make money but is not driven by greed. It is fair and pays just wages to employees. These are a few ideas off the top of my head that should characterize a Christian business.

Dark Matter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.