Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
okay, back to business.
Are you asking the question because you want to start one, or you want to transform your business? Or you're just throwing the dog biscuit out to start conversation...

I know of some businesses that pray for/with employees at the beginning of the day. It keeps a level of mutual respect and flattens the pyramid.

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
heron said:
okay, back to business.
Are you asking the question because you want to start one, or you want to transform your business? Or you're just throwing the dog biscuit out to start conversation...

I know of some businesses that pray for/with employees at the beginning of the day. It keeps a level of mutual respect and flattens the pyramid.

God should be acknowledged at the beginning of each business day. I bet if more businesses made this a priority to start the day, they would be blessed beyond measure. God is the one and only employer. We should be thanking him for it.

Is this realistic?

God Bless!
newbeliever :)

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's realistic if everyone starts at the same time...if the company is small enough...if the employees are predominantly Christian. There you get into some legal issues--imposing a religious exercise on someone of a different religion. There are ways that you as an employer can bring God in without mandating or offending.

In defining a Christian business, I would start with the Mosaic Laws and Proverbs, as those are the key areas that show God's view of business practices. Honest weights and measures, timely payments, not overworking your animals (if you still use oxen to plow your fields) or depriving them of food and water, give your employees a consistent Sabbath day of rest.

If the ethics and character issues don't fall into place, then any verbal acknowledgement of God will be an affront to everyone involved, including God.

Upvote 0

Dark Matter

May 31, 2004
Earth, third planet from the Sun
✟1,062.00
Faith
Christian
GreatistheLord said:
what makes a business Christian?
Why that's simple...they put a fish on their business card! ;)
I see from example by some contractors that I've hired that this fish then covers a multitude of sins, such as dishonest business practice, laziness, poor job quality, incompetance, and so on. And if they know you are a Christian, then they point out their fish and begin....
"But brother, have some grace, you don't know what's been going on in my life...pray for me."

A Christian business, for me, is identified by righteous business practice, lawful accounting, excellence in product, and respects relationships. A hand shake means something, even if has not been signed on a legal document. TRUST! It seeks to be profitable and make money but is not driven by greed. It is fair and pays just wages to employees. These are a few ideas off the top of my head that should characterize a Christian business.

Dark Matter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.