• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

GracefulGalPal

He always forgives and never forgets.
Dec 18, 2017
Olympia
✟19,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have dealt with a lot of things in my life. Violent bullying, discrimination, sexism, racism, and most of all... mental illness. My father is severely mentally disabled and is almost a monster because of it. He is definitely going to hell. Not because of what I think of him, but because of the sins he has committed all his life. I have so many stories of his lunacy. I'll only tell them in PMs though because most of them are VERY disturbing and violent. However, I will tell you his ultimate sin right here. He... poisoned by genes... with his illness. I can't birth any children without the high risk of them turning out just like him!!! I'm crying already while typing this. I can't have a biological child unless I want them to suffer with demonic voices in their head... all because of my dad. I pray to God that maybe there is chance my dad's illness isn't in my blood but I know that's a lot to ask of God... I'm sorry if I sound like I'm condemning all people with this illness. I'm not trying to. I know that there are very good people out there who don't deserve to go to hell because of their disability. It's just... my dad is just too far gone to forgive. He had a choice to get help but refused the doctors and God himself. Unforgivable. Again, I apologize. If this post makes anyone mad or really upset I will delete it. I just needed to get this off my chest...

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have dealt with a lot of things in my life. Violent bullying, discrimination, sexism, racism, and most of all... mental illness. My father is severely mentally disabled and is almost a monster because of it. He is definitely going to hell. Not because of what I think of him, but because of the sins he has committed all his life. I have so many stories of his lunacy. I'll only tell them in PMs though because most of them are VERY disturbing and violent. However, I will tell you his ultimate sin right here. He... poisoned by genes... with his illness. I can't birth any children without the high risk of them turning out just like him!!! I'm crying already while typing this. I can't have a biological child unless I want them to suffer with demonic voices in their head... all because of my dad. I pray to God that maybe there is chance my dad's illness isn't in my blood but I know that's a lot to ask of God... I'm sorry if I sound like I'm condemning all people with this illness. I'm not trying to. I know that there are very good people out there who don't deserve to go to hell because of their disability. It's just... my dad is just too far gone to forgive. He had a choice to get help but refused the doctors and God himself. Unforgivable. Again, I apologize. If this post makes anyone mad or really upset I will delete it. I just needed to get this off my chest...
Trust in Jesus. Even if your children would be born with those genes, the Holy Spirit would be enough to heal them from the sins of your father. So just trust that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sins, and from anything demonic. Don't worry, because God's got this.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟61,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You should probably try to have some mercy on your father. Having a mental illness is the worst because you have to deal with it ALL the time because the mind never leaves you.

It's hard to balance the cares of this life when your hearing voices because it's soooooooo many it's hard to concentrate.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Take your ignorance and callous remark elsewhere........this is NOT sin related or demonic!!
I trust in the Word of God, and not in the words of man. Please, respect this. May God's will be done, not yours, not mine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I trust in the Word of God, and not in the words of man. Please, respect this. May God's will be done, not yours, not mine.
What you need to do is respect the Mental Health forums rules, one of which is:
"Insinuating that members are possessed or that their health issues are demonic is not permitted."

Do you feel you are above these rules?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What you need to do is respect the Mental Health forums rules, one of which is:
"Insinuating that members are possessed or that their health issues are demonic is not permitted."

Do you feel you are above these rules?
All I've done is try and comfort the OP.

I can't have a biological child unless I want them to suffer with demonic voices in their head...
The OP herself was insinuating demons. I wasn't. I only wanted to include it in my response, to make her feel more comforted. Because the Blood of Christ is enough to heal all of our suffering, whatever the reason. I do not understand why you are trying to condemn me for trying to help a person and bring them closer to Christ.

I myself have been healed from terrible health problems, both physical and mental, including schizophrenic voices, borderline disorder, inherited bipolarity, anxiety disorder, constant pain etc. It was partly demonic, partly genetic and mostly emotional trauma. I am really healthy today, I can think straight and I feel like I'm no longer locked inside a mental prison. I thank and praise God daily. You have no idea the freedom I feel after having suffered for 28 years until He set me free. Jesus' sacrifice is enough to cover everything, and I really, really want other people to believe this, and come to Him, so they can become free just like I have been set free. There is no reason to condemn me for that. I'd rather have you celebrate God with me.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All I've done is try and comfort the OP.

The OP herself was insinuating demons. I wasn't. I only wanted to include it in my response, to make her feel more comforted. Because the Blood of Christ is enough to heal all of our suffering, whatever the reason. I do not understand why you are trying to condemn me for trying to help a person and bring them closer to Christ.

I myself have been healed from terrible health problems, both physical and mental, including schizophrenic voices, borderline disorder, inherited bipolarity, anxiety disorder, constant pain etc. It was partly demonic, partly genetic and mostly emotional trauma. I am really healthy today, I can think straight and I feel like I'm no longer locked inside a mental prison. I thank and praise God daily. You have no idea the freedom I feel after having suffered for 28 years until He set me free. Jesus' sacrifice is enough to cover everything, and I really, really want other people to believe this, and come to Him, so they can become free just like I have been set free. There is no reason to condemn me for that. I'd rather have you celebrate God with me.
If you've really been healed that is a good thing.

To the OP, psychosis is awful and it gets worse if people are not med compliant. It makes you do things sometimes that you'll regret when you've returned to the medications, if you really have insight into the illness. But I'm sorry about you and your dad also.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you've really been healed that is a good thing.
Of course I have. I wouldn't lie in Jesus' name. He has healed me physically as well. I don't understand why people are so negative to the Lord's power.
It's in His power and in His will to heal, so if we don't doubt, of course there will be healing. :) He isn't fully done yet, because I still suffer from anxiety and some fears, but He will get me there eventually. Praise Him!

Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums