I am still in amazement, and I believe the catholic brethren will be too!

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: masmpg
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This article is from Life Site News a sort of all things catholic site. I can't believe the white house would make such a statement about our islam leaning president.

The White House just called Obama the ‘most Catholic of presidents’ - and I’m shaking my head

Hi masmpg,

Well, personally, I disagree with both assessments. I haven't seen any evidence that President Obama is the 'most Catholic of presidents' (Surely John Kennedy ought to hold that honor), nor do I find any evidence that he is an 'Islam leaning president'. I think that overall, the man's done a pretty good job. Not perfect-- but then we've yet to have a perfect president -- but much better than many who served before him. Be amazed. You want to really be amazed? You should watch Oliver Stone's 'History of the United States'.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi masmpg,

Well, personally, I disagree with both assessments. I haven't seen any evidence that President Obama is the 'most Catholic of presidents' (Surely John Kennedy ought to hold that honor), nor do I find any evidence that he is an 'Islam leaning president'. I think that overall, the man's done a pretty good job. Not perfect-- but then we've yet to have a perfect president -- but much better than many who served before him. Be amazed. You want to really be amazed? You should watch Oliver Stone's 'History of the United States'.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Ted, Please watch this video. Obama admits over and over he is islam.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I thought Obama being the most Catholic was funny, at least light hearted.

Nothing "light hearted" about the chief of staff stating the obama is the most catholic president ever. Read the top paragraph of the article. I would say Dennis Mcdonough is extremely confused!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi masmpg,

No, President Obama was raised in a muslim family. We are all raised by our family with whatever faith our parents have until we are old enough to make our own choices. Yes, he lived in some countries that were predominantly muslim and yes, he heard the call to prayers that are heard in those countries.

I agree with all that and I get all that, but I know that there are muslims every day that come into the light. Is it your position that there are no christians in these muslim nations because their parents raised them as muslim or they hear the call to prayer?

Anyway, I'm not one to allow one's faith to be the determinant as to whether or not they are doing a good job in their work. There are a lot of muslims that are good doctors and secretaries and blue collar workers. They do good at their job. They do their job the way they are supposed to.

So, I say again, I am not convinced that President Obama believes the faith of Islam to be the truth or that he practices such faith. However, in the performance of his duties and the things he has worked to get done and how he has handled the day to day responsibilities of being the President of the United States, I think that he has done a satisfactory job.

You see, I'm not a perfect man, I have learned, therefore, not to look for other perfect men. When I need a doctor, I look for one who seems to be reasonably knowledgeable in his field and I go to him for my medical needs. When I need a lawyer, I look for one who seems to be reasonably knowledgeable in his field and I go to him for my legal needs. Bricklayer, carpenter, plumber, etc., I'm not someone to go out and search the world over for the 'perfect' one. If one of them comes into my home and does work on my home and the finished product looks like it's done right and resolves the problem or fills my need at the time, I'm a happy man. For each one of those people, their faith never even enters the picture as to their ability to do their job.

Now, I believe that President Obama practices the christian faith and I believe that he has given evidence that he believes in the one true and living God that I believe in. Yes, he was raised in a muslim culture, but somewhere along the road he was told about and seems to have made pretty much the same confession and acceptance of Jesus as probably most others who call themselves 'christians' have made. Is it a saving faith? I don't know. According to Jesus' testimony to his disciples there are going to be 'many' who walk around on this earth claiming to be christians that aren't going to make the cut. Is President Obama going to be one of those? I don't know! But, neither do I know if either of the Bush's or President Clinton or Reagan or Nixon or any other president who has gone before will make that cut.

What I do know is that President Obama, in fulfilling the duties of the office of the President, for me, has done a pretty good job. I was not harmed by his presidency and neither do I believe that the nation, as a whole, has been harmed by his presidency. There are some things that he has done that I am happy to see got done and that I am in agreement needed to be done. There are some things that I wasn't so much in agreement with. But, that's true of pretty much every president who has gone before.

You see, being the president is a job. It's a job in which pretty much every day things are being done or being worked on to get done. Some of that day to day work may be things that I am in agreement with or approve of and some maybe not. But, that's been true of every single president since George Washington. However, we are a people who have taken this position of holding our leaders up as some sort of demi-god. Everything they do must be right in 'my' sight. I understand that isn't the way it works. The president is not a 'mini' me.

Overall, I believe that President Obama has done a satisfactory job in fulfilling his duties as the President of the United States. Now, in a few years I'll get to make this same assessment of President elect Trump's term as the president. We'll see how that turns out.

Personally, I was not in favor of his being elected as the president. Not having anything to do with his faith, which I firmly believe is none at all. There is really no evidence that President elect Trump has ever been born again. He may, like many others, dabble at times, in the christian faith, but there is no history that I'm aware of that he is particularly grounded in that practice. His history in how he treats others and his business practices, for me, would deny that he is a christian. He's a mean man and he says mean things to and about others for the mere purpose of bullying his way. Those are not christian values to live by. His interview that he gave in which he was asked if he'd ever sought forgiveness from God, for me, clearly shows that he has no clue what faith in the God of the Scriptures is all about. But, he, like many others in the political arena, says often what he thinks those who are listening want to hear. He reaches out and scratches their itching ears.

However, he has now been duly elected and I will, just as I have under every president since I was born again, follow God's commands to me. I will respect him. I will hold him up as the President of the United States and I will pray for him. I will hope that either through some epiphany of his nature or the guidance of his advisers, that he will be able to control his natural attitude of meanness towards others, so long as he is the President of the United States. That he will act honorably and do no major harm to our nation.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi masmpg,

Now, I believe that President Obama practices the christian faith and I believe that he has given evidence that he believes in the one true and living God that I believe in.

Dear Ted, You really must look up the definition of Christian. A Christian would NOT pas the gay marriage act. I am sorry, but that is the worst thing God hates. He destroyed sodom and gomorrah over this. To say that obama "practices" Christianity is way out of line. I am surprised that anyone on here would even think such things.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Given that President Obama eats pork, drinks alcohol and attends church regularly I would think that he might be the most progressive Muslim ever. I agree with the earlier poster that he was a very good president and had he had the least bit of co-operation from congress he might have been a great president. Maybe the new congress will give the incoming president all respect, support and co-operation that they afforded the last president.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Ted, You really must look up the definition of Christian. A Christian would NOT pas the gay marriage act. I am sorry, but that is the worst thing God hates. He destroyed sodom and gomorrah over this. To say that obama "practices" Christianity is way out of line. I am surprised that anyone on here would even think such things.

Hi masmpg,

You don't seem to understand how our government works. President Obama didn't pass the gay marriage act. The legislature did. Personally, I don't know what President Obama's personal feelings about gay marriage are, but I do know that he didn't pass any act concerning it. Before the gay agenda came up before the legislature, several states had already made them legal. Is it, therefore, your understanding that no one in the governments of those states are christians either? Who do you hold personally responsible for abortions being legal in our land? Have you thoroughly vilified the President that was in office at that time also.

I don't understand, well, that's really not being truthful, I do think I understand the cause of the phenomenon, but this idea that we, as christians, are supposed to run the government or impress our will, that we believe to be in line with the Scriptures, upon the governments of men. Have you not read the Scriptures?

Jesus lived and taught in Israel. A land that was under Roman occupation at the time and the Romans, overall, were a fairly bellicose and sexually perverse people. History is replete with tales of Roman orgies and the many, many wars they instigated and were a part of. Yet, Jesus never once said or did anything like what you are trying to do. Jesus understood that His Father's salvation was not about us making them obey the laws of God. It's about each one of us who so chooses to follow the laws of God, to follow them. Each one of us individually. I may be saved, my son may not be. My wife may be saved and I may not be. I can tell them what I understand as the truth, but I can't make them born again. Even if we, as christians, are somehow able to make the laws of the land to agree with God's laws, not one single soul will be added to the kingdom of God~! But, I've read the Scriptures through several times and I've never been impressed that they teach that we are to strive to make our governments teach or act according to the laws of God.

So, I don't really worry about whether or not abortion or gay marriage is legal according to the laws of the land. I know that I'm called as an individual to accept and be subservient to a different law. If someone asks me what I think about abortion or gay marriage, I'll tell them that I believe that such things are an abomination in the sight of God. That I believe an individual should not have an abortion or be joined with someone as the same sex in a 'marriage' relationship. But, I also believe that it's a choice that each individual will have to make for themselves no matter what the laws of man say. God calls me to have mercy on them! To forgive each and every sin that somehow effects me done by another, because in that same way will my Father forgive me.

I also fully understand what the Scriptures say about the future. That as we move inexorably nearer to the day of God's judgment, the people of the earth are going to fall more and more into evil and wickedness. I have no delusions that somehow my being a strong christian and preaching at the world to not go that way, that it's going to create any change in what I know God has told me about the way of the people of the earth. Now, maybe such an idea seems just too pragmatic to you, but I have no delusions that my faith is going to change the world.

I expect these laws to come! I know that they are going to come! But I am not going to dishonor God's commands to me, because I just can't accept what's coming. God tells me that I am to respect those in authority over me, and I'm going to do that as is within my ability to do so. If I'm asked to vote on abortion or gay marriage, I'll vote against them. If I'm asked to vote on the legalization of gambling or prostitution, I'll vote against them. But, I also realize that the majority of our nation is filled with people who practice a false faith, if they practice any faith at all. I don't expect to win many of those votes. I expect that the majority of the people in our nation and in the world in general are lost to God. I, therefore, don't expect them to follow any commands of a God that they don't even know or believe in, in establishing governance.

Even our constitution says that the founders of our nation believed that men were endowed with certain inalienable rights. None of those rights that they then mention can be found as something that God has said in the Scriptures that He expects mankind to enjoy. Pursuit of happiness? I look at the life of the first apostles and disciples and I don't see their lives reflecting such a pursuit or that God filled their life with any such thing. Paul was beaten and imprisoned repeatedly. He had peace about what the future holds and, just as our Lord, was able to withstand the onslaught against him, but pursuit of happiness? I don't think so. Life? God created life, but He sure didn't give His very own Son long life on this earth. You see, those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life, much like Abraham, understood that the life God promises is not the one we are living now on this earth. Liberty? Friend, liberty is just another word for 'national pride'. God laid down a law and no, He hasn't ever given us the liberty to do just whatever we want. Liberty is one of those amorphous concepts that generally means someone has the freedom to pretty much do what they want. Yes, our government has allowed us the liberty, individually, to pretty much do whatever we want, but how we then use that liberty generally isn't in accordance with what God asks of us.

All men are liars, myself included. Every heart is wicked, my own included. That's the rule.

So, I say again, understanding all that I've written above, President Obama has been a reasonably good president. We have never had a particularly christian president, and even when we have had a president that we thought might have been, everything that was done while that man was in the office of the President, wasn't always in alignment with God's will.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,858.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nothing "light hearted" about the chief of staff stating the obama is the most catholic president ever. Read the top paragraph of the article. I would say Dennis Mcdonough is extremely confused!

I hadn't read the article now what I see is signs of the times. I have a need to manage my stress levels so I operate at a more abstract level. This is why I posted the you tube post #4, that shows the Church and Roman likes to all American Presidents, including Obama, the Clintons and Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: masmpg
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi masmpg,

You don't seem to understand how our government works. President Obama didn't pass the gay marriage act. The legislature did. Personally, I don't know what President Obama's personal feelings about gay marriage are, but I do know that he didn't pass any act concerning it. Before the gay agenda came up before the legislature, several states had already made them legal. Is it, therefore, your understanding that no one in the governments of those states are christians either? Who do you hold personally responsible for abortions being legal in our land? Have you thoroughly vilified the President that was in office at that time also.

I don't understand, well, that's really not being truthful, I do think I understand the cause of the phenomenon, but this idea that we, as christians, are supposed to run the government or impress our will, that we believe to be in line with the Scriptures, upon the governments of men. Have you not read the Scriptures?

Jesus lived and taught in Israel. A land that was under Roman occupation at the time and the Romans, overall, were a fairly bellicose and sexually perverse people. History is replete with tales of Roman orgies and the many, many wars they instigated and were a part of. Yet, Jesus never once said or did anything like what you are trying to do. Jesus understood that His Father's salvation was not about us making them obey the laws of God. It's about each one of us who so chooses to follow the laws of God, to follow them. Each one of us individually. I may be saved, my son may not be. My wife may be saved and I may not be. I can tell them what I understand as the truth, but I can't make them born again. Even if we, as christians, are somehow able to make the laws of the land to agree with God's laws, not one single soul will be added to the kingdom of God~! But, I've read the Scriptures through several times and I've never been impressed that they teach that we are to strive to make our governments teach or act according to the laws of God.

So, I don't really worry about whether or not abortion or gay marriage is legal according to the laws of the land. I know that I'm called as an individual to accept and be subservient to a different law. If someone asks me what I think about abortion or gay marriage, I'll tell them that I believe that such things are an abomination in the sight of God. That I believe an individual should not have an abortion or be joined with someone as the same sex in a 'marriage' relationship. But, I also believe that it's a choice that each individual will have to make for themselves no matter what the laws of man say. God calls me to have mercy on them! To forgive each and every sin that somehow effects me done by another, because in that same way will my Father forgive me.

I also fully understand what the Scriptures say about the future. That as we move inexorably nearer to the day of God's judgment, the people of the earth are going to fall more and more into evil and wickedness. I have no delusions that somehow my being a strong christian and preaching at the world to not go that way, that it's going to create any change in what I know God has told me about the way of the people of the earth. Now, maybe such an idea seems just too pragmatic to you, but I have no delusions that my faith is going to change the world.

I expect these laws to come! I know that they are going to come! But I am not going to dishonor God's commands to me, because I just can't accept what's coming. God tells me that I am to respect those in authority over me, and I'm going to do that as is within my ability to do so. If I'm asked to vote on abortion or gay marriage, I'll vote against them. If I'm asked to vote on the legalization of gambling or prostitution, I'll vote against them. But, I also realize that the majority of our nation is filled with people who practice a false faith, if they practice any faith at all. I don't expect to win many of those votes. I expect that the majority of the people in our nation and in the world in general are lost to God. I, therefore, don't expect them to follow any commands of a God that they don't even know or believe in, in establishing governance.

Even our constitution says that the founders of our nation believed that men were endowed with certain inalienable rights. None of those rights that they then mention can be found as something that God has said in the Scriptures that He expects mankind to enjoy. Pursuit of happiness? I look at the life of the first apostles and disciples and I don't see their lives reflecting such a pursuit or that God filled their life with any such thing. Paul was beaten and imprisoned repeatedly. He had peace about what the future holds and, just as our Lord, was able to withstand the onslaught against him, but pursuit of happiness? I don't think so. Life? God created life, but He sure didn't give His very own Son long life on this earth. You see, those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life, much like Abraham, understood that the life God promises is not the one we are living now on this earth. Liberty? Friend, liberty is just another word for 'national pride'. God laid down a law and no, He hasn't ever given us the liberty to do just whatever we want. Liberty is one of those amorphous concepts that generally means someone has the freedom to pretty much do what they want. Yes, our government has allowed us the liberty, individually, to pretty much do whatever we want, but how we then use that liberty generally isn't in accordance with what God asks of us.

All men are liars, myself included. Every heart is wicked, my own included. That's the rule.

So, I say again, understanding all that I've written above, President Obama has been a reasonably good president. We have never had a particularly christian president, and even when we have had a president that we thought might have been, everything that was done while that man was in the office of the President, wasn't always in alignment with God's will.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted
That Sir was a well reasoned and thoughtful post. It's interesting that you spoke of these distractions we find ourselves in which takes us away from God's Will. This was the topic of discovery our home church had today during study... you just gave a second witness to what we were shown today... bless you Ted.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ECR,

Thank you for your kind words. I understand that it causes a lot of angst among those attached to the fellowships of believers when we see the things that governments do. Yes, I'd like to live in a world where everyone has peace with God, but I'm quite confident that isn't going to be a reality this side of God's judgment. The Scriptures tell us that we are to be a light in a lost and dying world. I don't think those words were written to intend for us to go out and beat the law of God into the wicked. They were written that by our lives others would see the peace and hope that we have. While not beating morality into everyone, by seeing our peace and hope, they would desire what we have and willingly come into the light.

But I have no delusion that it's going to be some tsunami of people just running into the light. No! Not at all. The Scriptures are clear. Most of the world is lost. Even in Israel, most of the Jews were not children of God. God always spoke of His faithful children as being a remnant - a remnant. Jesus, when speaking of the choice that each one has in this life was clear that the way of condemnation was a broad road upon which many traveled. The way of eternal life with God was a very narrow road that few would find. No, I don't operate under some delusion that I'm going to save the world by making men live under laws created and upheld by the foundation of God's laws. The Scriptures are also clear about that. No one is saved by keeping the law. We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ and that faith drives us to strive to keep God's laws. Without the underlying foundation of faith in God's Son, just keeping the law or somehow coercing or cajoling governments to operate under God's laws doesn't bring salvation to anyone.

We are, therefore, making harder enemies of the lost when we try to make them subservient to God's law without first bringing them to the faith that saves. And, ironically enough, if we bring them first to the faith that saves, they will, of their own natural desire, want to keep the laws of God. Oh, it won't be a whole nation and for those people who come into the light, they will still live under the laws of a nation that allow them to do unrighteous things in the sight of God, but they, like myself, won't want to do those things even though they may be legal by men's standards.

I don't believe, and I think that Jesus' own life in Israel under Roman occupation, that God gives us any rewards for just going up against the laws of man and trying to bring them in line with the laws of God. God's rewards are handed out for those who reach out to this individual here and that individual there and tell them the truth of the gospel. Bringing them into the light, as we are in the light, as he is in the light.

The Scriptures tell us that in the final battle on the earth, all the nations of the earth will rise up to fight against the Lord. Friend, there are never going to be any 'christian' nations. There will always be what there has always been -- christians living among the lost in all the nations. That's exactly how it will be when Jesus calls those who are his, home. Praise God!!!!

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As opposed to a Muslim, obviously *eyeroll*

edit: interested to know what definition of Christian you're thinking of?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi armoured,

That fact actually escaped me. No!!!! A devout muslim who practices the true faith of Islam wouldn't pass a gay marriage law either. Thanks.

What really bothers me is that we have folks enjoined in our ranks who believe that they are doing God's will in this name calling and demonizing of others. How can we think that in such practices we, ourselves, are doing what God has asked of His children. I'm fairly confident that God doesn't work on the 'two wrongs equals one right' principle.

I honestly don't understand where people get these ideas that President Obama is some Islam practicing muslim. I haven't ever seen any report that he lays out a prayer rug on the oval office floor three times a day to pray. I've never seen a report that he's made the sojourn to Medina that true Islamists are required, if they have the ability, to make in their life. He certainly has enough money to go anywhere in the world he wants to go and has had for a long time.

Is he a strong christian? I don't know. I understand that he and his family do attend worship services with a 'christian' denomination pretty regularly. Would a true Islamist be caught dead regularly in a christian worship service? I don't think so.

Now, these detractors have likely cooked up some scheme that President Obama, because of his position, is hiding his Islamic faith. They have concocted in their minds this grand scheme of lies and deception to explain away any inconsistencies in what one would expect from someone practicing the Islamic faith.

My question is whether they truly understand that what they are doing is God's will. I'm reminded that the Jews, by and large, thought they were doing the will of God in crucifying God's Son. What do you think? Were they? They called him a blasphemer and a liar and condemned him for trying to show himself as equal to God. Were they right? Is this struggle to force the laws of God upon the nations of the world really God's will for us? Is this work of trying to undermine the legitimacy of his presidency through lies and innuendo really God's will for His children?

I'm reminded that Daniel was seen as a great and faithful man of God. He even received an angel to tell him so. Yet, every time that Daniel met with King Nebudchudnezzer, who he knew to be a godless king and to make laws in direct opposition to God's laws, he greeted him thus, "Oh great king live forever." Even after Daniel was thrown into the lion's den for defying the kings godless laws, he greeted the king immediately after with, "Oh great king live forever." I think that's the way God wants us to interact with and concerning the laws of men and those in authority over us. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the new covenant changed all that. What do you think?

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0