Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
She’d refuse. My mother can be very stubborn and uncooperative. People tend to do that as they get older. :(

My folks can be the same way, I get it. Well if she won't let you help her, maybe you can help yourself a bit - cause this is just as distressing for you as it is for her, maybe it would be good for you to talk to a priest or a therapist as well and sort this out. At the very least they might be able to guide you through this for your own benefit, and maybe they can even give you some tools to guide your mom in the right direction.

Also, this guy might have a track record of behavior like that, or it could be possible he does it again to someone else. It might be good just for that reason of making sure someone in authority knows about this incident.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mom and I got into a huge fight, I mentioned just saying something if this is a pattern with him but she just flipped her lid and started attacking me. I’m pretty much done with it at this point. It’s exasperating

Well it sounds like you've done all you can do, I would look to yourself and your own care now. If someone doesn't wanna be helped they can't be helped, good on you for trying.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agree with what Wolsey said, and Spicoli. I'm wondering, without knowing the people involved, if this neighbor man has dementia.
Anyway the daughters are definitely accessories. Since your Mom does not want you to get involved, maybe there is nothing you can do. But I will pray for you and your Mom. Maybe it's a good thing you are not me, because I would have marched over there and given those daughters a piece of my mind and told them to stay away from my MOm.
Prayers for you.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you all for the advice and prayers. I’ll update when I can. Today mom woke up to a flooded house. We’ll be dealing with that today. Ugh!
Oh I'm so sorry, Michie!! I can only imagine how upsetting that must be. I pray that there will be a plumbing company that can come to your rescue, and restore her home.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agree with what Wolsey said, and Spicoli. I'm wondering, without knowing the people involved, if this neighbor man has dementia.
Anyway the daughters are definitely accessories. Since your Mom does not want you to get involved, maybe there is nothing you can do. But I will pray for you and your Mom. Maybe it's a good thing you are not me, because I would have marched over there and given those daughters a piece of my mind and told them to stay away from my MOm.
Prayers for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟331,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just ghastly Michie.

I do hope she's careful in more ways than one. I had a friend whose father allowed a woman to move in with him "temporarily" because of some issues she was having. Then she refused to leave -- claimed that had been her residence and some kind of squatters rights. Her dad had to move out because of all the people she had coming and going and couldn't live comfortably in his own home. Finally it went before a judge who did thankfully have her removed, but it was a long and drawn out mess to get to that point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just ghastly Michie.

I do hope she's careful in more ways than one. I had a friend whose father allowed a woman to move in with him "temporarily" because of some issues she was having. Then she refused to leave -- claimed that had been her residence and some kind of squatters rights. Her dad had to move out because of all the people she had coming and going and couldn't live comfortably in his own home. Finally it went before a judge who did thankfully have her removed, but it was a long and drawn out mess to get to that point.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It’s horrible the things people will do to one another. I keep finding out new details about it that infuriate me.
Sounds like your mom, though angry, is really in trauma which sometimes causes denial for a while.:crossrc:

Upvote 0