• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am scared

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remembered someone sending me a pm. I saw the message and without any worries, I told myself that I will answer it later. I remembered the message hours later. I do not know or remember why but I ended up creating a compulsion that maybe I should not reply the message.

the compulsions are created when understress or while carefree thoughts pop up in my head without my will about promises to God and punishments.

I was ready not to reply when I started having other worries.

ocd1: when you said that you will answer it, you may have said it to God. Better answer it.

ocd2: do not answer the message. probably, some thoughts without your will popped up in your head for a second and you can not remember. you cant confirm if they are without your will or not. maybe you made them with your will and the promise is valid. do not answer the message

ocd1: answer it! you must answer it. you clearly remember, that you said that you would answer it later. maybe you said that to God. and since, you do not remember the thoughts that ocd2 is telling you, maybe you should just answer the message.

I was forced by my ocd1 to answer the message.

ocd2: why you answered? maybe you made a promise to God that you wouldn't answer it. you cant remember. maybe you made a promise you cant remember for a second.

I do not know why ocd2 was created. I remember having thoughts that I should find some time to answer the message. but somehow ocd2 was created. was there a promise without my will? I cant be alert all the time so I can label the thoughts ocd and control them. it is so tiring. when I am carefree I cant remember the thoughts exactly. I do not want to be insane and be in alert mode and analyzing my thoughts the second they pop up.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The best treatment for OCD is CBT. Your doctor can refer you to your local mental health service and it can be effectively treated.

There is a significant evidence base to support CBT as a first line treatment for OCD.

Good luck.

Upvote 0