• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I am reluctant to argue: that a progression of God, can not be an evolved God

Discussion in 'Creation & Theistic Evolution' started by Gottservant, May 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+226
    Messianic
    Hi there,

So sorting through all the items in my inventory that might prove worthwhile to Evolution, I have hit on the idea that perhaps an argument can be made from God.

The argument goes like this: take God in an early time, then take God in a later time, then take God in a much later time and then take God in an end time - what you have is an Evolution of God.

Simple, isn't it?

The error is that God is somehow bound to the manner in which He expresses Himself or His relationship to His Creation.

I tried to make a similar argument, using Wisdom, but the reception was very much "confused". It wasn't understood that wisdom expressed in various ways, was the same wisdom - just expressed differently.

So we have the same argument, but now what is at stake is whether we know how to relate to God while He changes. The simple fact is that as much as our relationship to God changes, God Himself remains unchanged.

So yes, I am not actually going to put this to Evolutionists - I don't think, anyway - because I am very mindful not to cast my pearl before swines, but I thought fellow believers might be able to sympathize with my plight or share light on it.

Thanks for your kind words,
    C

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+4,638
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    You want God to be constrained by something He created? Why?