• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am really starting to think that we do not maintain our own salvation

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But instead that it is Jesus and God who maintain it, and as long as we don't give up and walk away, we are saved. Because nothing can pluck us from the Fathers hand, and he is greater than all. There are some exceptions like blaspheming the Holy Spirit directly in our hearts or through our mouth, but that is kind of like giving up.

That said we should definitely confess our sins, repent and strive to live holy lives. Do not choose sin over God! Because He will chastize every son whom he receives, and I am living proof of it. Don't mess around with God and sin. But the fact that He chastized me pretty severely also means that He loves me. And I accept His correction.

I just had this realization while driving in my car, on my way home from a church event. I was thinking that I am going to hell because I had had some pretty bad thoughts about denying Christ and I thought that my next life will be worse than my current life. But I felt something in me saying no, a physical feeling. And always when I have been in a rough spot and had thoughts of giving up, something in me just doesn't want to do it. I believe that's the Holy Spirit.

I will never give up on God and He is more faithful than me, He really is not looking for any excuse to damn me but instead wants me to be in heaven with Him more than I want to be in heaven.

Also what really defiles a man is what comes out of their mouth, and what comes out of their mouth usually comes from their heart. That does not include what you accidentally say, I've said some pretty bad things accidentally and felt that God forgave me. Like yesterday I meant to say "I will never leave God" or something like that, and I said by mistake "I will never believe God".

So just keep up the good fight and rest in God's grace when you stumble. I have stumbled many times but God has always been there to catch me. His grace truly has no limits and His mercy endureth for ever.

This is just based on my knowledge of scripture and my personal experience. Maybe someone in here needed to hear this because I felt led to write it.

All glory to God! Praise God!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: eleos1954

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But instead that it is Jesus and God who maintain it, and as long as we don't give up and walk away, we are saved. Because nothing can pluck us from the Fathers hand, and he is greater than all. There are some exceptions like blaspheming the Holy Spirit directly in our hearts or through our mouth, but that is kind of like giving up.

That said we should definitely confess our sins, repent and strive to live holy lives. Do not choose sin over God!

I just had this realization while driving in my car, on my way home from a church event. I was thinking that I am going to hell because I had had some pretty bad thoughts about denying Christ and I thought that my next life will be worse than my current life. But I felt something in me saying no, a physical feeling. And always when I have been in a rough spot and had thoughts of giving up, something in me just doesn't want to do it. I believe that's the Holy Spirit.

I will never give up on God and He is more faithful than me, He really is not looking for any excuse to damn me but instead wants me to be in heaven with Him more than I want to be in heaven.

Also what really defiles a man is what comes out of their mouth, and what comes out of their mouth usually comes from their heart. That does not include what you accidentally say, I've said some pretty bad things accidentally and felt that God forgave me. Like yesterday I meant to say "I will never leave God" or something like that, and I said by mistake "I will never believe God".

So just keep up the good fight and rest in God's grace when you stumble. I have stumbled many times but God has always been there to catch me. His grace truly has no limits and His mercy endureth for ever.

This is just based on my knowledge of scripture and my personal experience. Maybe someone in here needed to hear this because I felt led to write it.

All glory to God! Praise God!

You are correct .... may the Lord continue His wisdom in you ...and in all of us ... Amen

So just keep up the good fight and rest in God's grace when you stumble.

May He help us to be conformed to His perfect image ... in Jesus name ... Amen.

Amen brother ..... AMEN!

The simplicity of your understanding is refreshing. ;o)

Wonderful posting .... thank you ;o)

Last edited:
Reactions: Job405
Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are correct .... may the Lord continue His wisdom in you ...and in all of us ... Amen

May He help us to be conformed to His perfect image ... in Jesus name ... Amen.

Amen brother ..... AMEN!

The simplicity of your understanding is refreshing. ;o)

Wonderful posting .... thank you ;o)
Another realization that just hit me today is that how cool is it that we can call God, the creator of universe, our Father. We are children of GOD. How amazing is that? Pretty amazing if you ask me! And He is a loving Father indeed.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another realization that just hit me today is that how cool is it that we can call God, the creator of universe, our Father. We are children of GOD. How amazing is that? Pretty amazing if you ask me! And He is a loving Father indeed.

We have a AWSOME God ;o)

Upvote 0