• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I am proud of my natural God given orientation

Discussion in 'Traditional Theology' started by Athanasias, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Athanasias

Athanasias Regular Member

+871
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HehasRisen

HehasRisen Faith as small as a mustard seed

+32
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The homosexuals need love the most. They will be thrown into the lake of fire if they turn away from God. They made the choice but if we contribute to their driving away we will share in their guilt. How many of them have truly been deceived by satan that they can't change?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,496
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I'm sorry, but I really don't get this. A person is either straight, gay, bi, or somewhere in between. Orientation just is, like any other inherent personal characteristic, and is not some kind of accomplishment that actually merits being proud. We don't have Blue-Eyed Pride or 6'2 Height Pride, so why is there a need for Straight Pride? And before anyone asks, I do feel the same way about LGBTQ Pride.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+6,812
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Awww...I'm so glad that the man and the woman from the bathroom signs found each other! What are the odds? :D

5. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,405
    Christian
    Married
    Hmm and "They will be thrown into the lake of fire if they turn away from God. " ..a this is not written at all. The word says.. all sin will not enter heaven. So GAY is sin no more no less. And did not the Sweet sweet Holy Spirit in John say "if we say we have no sin ..we deceive our selfs and the truth is not in us. And anyone that does not know Christ has been judged already.. THEY the lost are the reason HE came. So.. no books have been open.

And .Mikha'el. Blue-Eyed Pride? Your on to something.. I HAVE BLUE EYES! Lets start this! haha jk

6. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,204
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Pride is a sin

With that said,

I think if you do not support it, don't address it.

If you leave it alone, it will and does go away.

Live your life for God and do not expect others to follow.

7. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+4,942
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It's been "left alone" for decades. It hasn't gone away.

I'm somewhat beyond the point of expecting Christians to stand up for the faith they profess. But sometimes even I'm amazed at what they're willing to ignore.

8. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+530
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Well, one could argue there is red hair pride... ^_^

Actually, looking at the word biblically, I find it very interesting they used the word "pride". Lots of times it's not a good thing and leaves you closed to any scrutiny or rebuke, which is what we see all the time today.

9. Messerve

+530
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    It will never go away. There's way too much fodder and broken people. However, as a trend, I think it could fade out of "popularity" given time.

10. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+1,306
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thanks for that :)

11. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,204
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    No sir, people have been forcing there life on others for decades, Forcing there beliefs and forcing there ideas.

There have been Gay people who where arrested , beat, killed and threatened for years. All we had to do was leave it alone.

There is a difference in standing up and forcing it on others.

Jesus said to turn and walk away and wash your feet from them who do not listen, not to force them to listen and force them to live a life we decide for them.

12. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+682
    Non-Denom
    Married
    we see many alcoholics have a similar propensity to over imbibe genetically and we still recognize that behavior is harmful and encourage one to refrain. We do not stock the bar and celebrate the being born that way. In God's word the idea of loving the sinner is clear and the idea of repenting from your sins is also clear as very important. No honest view of scriptural authority will hold that God made us be born deviates. romans one says that this is being given over to a debased mind. In other scriptures it warns of departing from sound doctrine and even teaching the doctrines of demons. There are two doctrines I would suggest are such and one is all paths lead to God and that one holds that other than through Jesus people will make it by following non Christian gospels. The other is God is cool with sexual immorality. I can show quotes from Anton Lavey who wrote the Satanic bible and his teachings mirror the rainbow flag movements. This should be troubling I think for any who wants to hold that Lavey and the Bible agree.

13. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,242
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    You don't think there are people with same sex attraction who successfully struggle against their passions, marry someone of the opposite sex, and raise healthy, balanced children?

14. Messerve

+530
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Very good point! I know I've met them and I know of some I haven't met.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Brigid63

Brigid63 LCMS/AngloCatholic

+109
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    I've met one!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Messerve

+530
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    They are very unique individuals, in my small experience, who possess a special kind of charisma and have a powerful place in the Church.

17. MarkRohfrietsch

MarkRohfrietsch Unapologetic Apologist Supporter

+3,659
    Lutheran
    Married
    Despite having a wife, I am proud to state that I am not a lesbian!

18. MarkRohfrietsch

+3,659
    Lutheran
    Married
    Such is my hope and prayer.

19. Athanasias

Athanasias Regular Member

+871
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL I love that!

20. MarkRohfrietsch

+3,659
    Lutheran
    Married
    Not sure who said it first, but I can not take credit for it. Thanks.