South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been like this ever since I was about 30. I hate the fact that I could be a middle aged woman. I am 42 and because I am over 40, I feel like I am losing my youth. Being that I am in my early 40s, should I consider myself young or middle aged. To me, middle aged begins at about 45-50. Am I postponing the inevitable? I mean I am afraid of being considered middle aged since I value whatever youth I have left. How do I overcome this fear or concern?

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm. Well, I'm 23, but my Mom is here, and she's in her 50s so I showed her this and asked her.

She said this: "Age is only in the body. After 40, you may think you're old but are you truly? If you have hobbies that keep you busy and happy it doesn't matter how old you are. Children and grandchildren also keep you very young. Age is nothing -- wisdom and love is everything."

Mom is energetic, outgoing, funny, loving and precious. I look at her and find it so hard to believe she's over 50. She's full of life and fun and joy. I would say it's not about age but I guess carry with you all the knowledge and wisdom and joy and radiate that and thank God for your life.

And may I say this as a cancer survivor -- I almost didn't get to be an adult. Every day is a precious gift from God, and don't worry about age. Make every day of your life count for something and thank the Lord you're here with us. I for one (and Mom too) am glad you're here.

We'll pray for you!

All good things
Emmy (And Mom)

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm 49. I sometimes look in the mirror and think my skin isn't quite what it used to be, but at the same time, as long as I keep moving, my fitness keeps growing. This year i even ran my first ultramarathon. ..couldn't have done that in my 20s. Age has brought a lot of good thing, including patience and experience in many areas.
My advice is to take on new challenges. ..learn something new, maybe take a class, start playing an instrument, sign up for a race, etc. That's the best way for me to manage aging.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been like this ever since I was about 30. I hate the fact that I could be a middle aged woman. I am 42 and because I am over 40, I feel like I am losing my youth. Being that I am in my early 40s, should I consider myself young or middle aged. To me, middle aged begins at about 45-50. Am I postponing the inevitable? I mean I am afraid of being considered middle aged since I value whatever youth I have left. How do I overcome this fear or concern?

I turned 40 this year, and God told me He took me through something. 40 is a biblical number; for instance, the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years. Moses was up on Mount Sinai for 40 days, Jesus fasted for 40 days. Look at it as a turning point in your life. I determined that I had lived the last 40 years for me, now I want to live the next 40 for the Lord. Getting older also means you are closer to seeing the Lord. I think much of it is a matter of perspective, and the perspective we need to have is the eternal one.

Upvote 0

Usually Wrong

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
Indiana
✟28,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I turned 40 this year, and God told me He took me through something. 40 is a biblical number; for instance, the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years. Moses was up on Mount Sinai for 40 days, Jesus fasted for 40 days. Look at it as a turning point in your life. I determined that I had lived the last 40 years for me, now I want to live the next 40 for the Lord. Getting older also means you are closer to seeing the Lord. I think much of it is a matter of perspective, and the perspective we need to have is the eternal one.
That's awesome! I turned 40 a few months ago also. "I lived the last 40 years for me, now I want to live the next 40 for the lord" I'm probably going to use that, but I will not claim it as original. Those are great words.

Upvote 0