• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured I am not attached to any Church now

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Jesus_is_Saint, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Yennora

Yennora Buy the truth and sell it not. Pro 23:23

+409
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I know right? I too hate masks. A single respecting, transparent and understanding person is sufficient to make me feel the Christian fellowship in contrast to hundreds of church goers that don't care about me and only smile in my face because they are either obligated to or want something.

I have to admit, without this priest in my life I would have had a very pale (and sometimes negative) experience with Orthodoxy (current times one). Thank God I came across him.

2. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    The issue is love. When its absents the motions and words feel hollow to the recipient. Because the heart is compromised.

We’re quick to speak and slow to listen. We don’t allow the Lord to influence our words. Spirit testifies to itself in the other. And if you allow Him to speak through you, you can affect them in the manner He intends.

Sometimes its NOT advice. Sometimes its a kind word and loving gesture. Oftentimes He uses several people to aid that person. We ought to know our place in the rotation. Love covers and that’s what led me to Him.

That’s understandable. I ignore a lot for the sake of my sanity and peace. Lest my heart should harden. I keep my eyes on Him no matter what.

3. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Active Member

+207
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Scripture appears to disagree. 1 Cor. 1:21 tells us we are saved through the foolishness of preaching. In other words, we learn through teaching on the word at church. There is a spiritual element to all of this as well. Richard Burton (if you're old enough you'll recall he was an actor who married Elizabeth Taylor a couple times) knew his Bible front and back but wasn't a believer. You can study all you want, it doesn't mean you believe. Attending worship services is a spiritual exercise, one where we grow in our faith by encountering God directly.

4. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,461
    Catholic
    Married
    We are called to fellowship so it is important to find a Christian community which helps to nourish your spirit.

5. ~Zao~

~Zao~ Great is Thy Faithfulness Supporter

+861
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    We learn thru hearing and thru hearing we are saved. Your reasoning makes deaf people unable to be saved. I spend hours a day reading commentaries and books related to scripture. (spiritual eyes and ears are what’s needed) And I pursue answers to questions where the spirit leads. Pastors are not equipped to do that for all their congregation. Please don’t patronize, it’s unbecoming to the least.

6. LaBèlla

+4,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    There are unbelievers in the church. To assume that everyone seated is on the same page is naive. Some come for food. Others for fellowship. Only God knows the truth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Active Member

+207
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I'm not sure why you jump to the conclusion that my position means the deaf can't be saved. The point is to be part of the bride of Christ, his church.

8. MitchW

MitchW New Member Supporter

+63
    United States
    United Ch. of Christ
    Married
    One can have Christ without going to a Church. I am house bound for the most part and have stopped going to Church for 5 years since I can't get there. My Pastor visited once and that was all.

A former organist visits me several times per year. Only wife stands by me. My kids and grandkids want gifts but no phone calls or visits for the most part.

My daughter makes one 3 minute call per week and visits for 30 minutes every other week.

The Church has me on their Housebound list in the bulletin and I will use them for my funeral when it happens.

If we talk to Christ, He talks to us. In the end He will take us to Heaven and we will live with Him for all Eternity.

One way I reach Christ every day is with Christian music.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+4,529
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    It's not compulsory, but you will miss out on stuff.
    Yes, you'll miss all the petty arguments, meetings, people trying to get you to do/give/say more, or whatever. But you'll also miss out on fellowship, people praying for you/asking you if you want to talk about anything. You'll miss out on the times when you've been moved by the worship, challenged by the sermon or believe that the Lord has spoken to you - and you have to share it, to bless others also, or find out what it means. You'll miss corporate worship and celebrating the Lord's supper with friends. You'll miss out on sharing your spiritual gifts with others and benefiting from theirs.

Do you find it a problem?

10. lismore

lismore Legend

+1,905
    Christian
    Single
    Hello. Going to a good church can be a wonderful blessing, not just where you can fellowship with others and be blessed but more importantly where you can serve and be a blessing to others.

If you're out of church for a season through no fault of your own, I have been too, keep your spiritual fervor. Keep seeking the Lord. Ask him to reveal what he would have you do. That's my advice. God Bless :)

11. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I have belonged to two great churches in my forty years a Christian and have been baptised and Spirit filled but the church seemed to lose its vision over the years and eventually it felt like just going through the motions so I left. But I don't feel my spirituality has suffered and in some ways I feel closer to God.

12. Jesus_is_Saint

Jesus_is_Saint Well-Known Member

+163
    Protestant
    Married
    I do attend church, but is that only a ritual?
    what good to me if I regularly attend Sunday service but don't feel the Love of God in my heart and has no power to do God's will to love your neighbor as yourself?
    I am a sensitive person, if the bad things in church can hurt my faith, I need to avoid it.
    I admit that I do no have good friends in church,
    but I found some people in christian forums to share my faith.
    I feel that, most important, do I love God and have faith in Him?

I do pray to God to guide me on my choice, I told God that I was hurt before and I am afraid to go to church, hope that God listens to me.

13. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,610
    Christian
    Married
    No.. you don't have to go to Church. Your still saved.. loved :) See GOD gave you things that others need. Oh you may not see it but He does. And other people there have something you need. We are one body.

The question we must ask is why are we not going? Self? Not talking about those that can't go for what ever reason. Just know you are so blessed and you do have something to give. Ask Him to OPEN the door to the right Church. Your choice.. with Christ nothing has changed :)

I will add this.. we ALL need someone over us.. or we can get/be deceived.

14. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,627
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Some people leave the church because they are single and are treated badly by those in the church who are married. I remember being among a group of girls and one girl was laughing about a 37-year old guy dating this woman. It pricked my heart to hear that, because I was 32 at the time. I do want to attend church myself but I am tremendously concerned about this sort of treatment toward myself by other marrieds. I do wish there were a way that we (I included) would not let mere mortals determine what we think and do, but the emotional pain can be so much. How do we overcome this?

15. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+3,271
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Unless you are ascetic, you should go to one.

16. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,733
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    The way church is currently structured (a lecture hall with forced socializing) is not really the picture the bible paints of the early fellowships.

Fellowship is helpful, going to a church with a Romanist Hierarchical Structure (counter Jesus' teachings on greatness) is definitely not recommended.

17. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+2,573
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private

Do you want to "go to church"? If not...don't. You can have church right here in this forum. It is a very good thing to congregate with like-minded believers...especially during the Appointed Times...if you accept them. It's completely up to you whether or not you want to put yourself under any kind of eldership and buy in to the clergy/laity set up. Yah bless either way!

18. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,056
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    The Church is the Body of Christ. These people span all denominations according to their heart. As far as a brick and mortar denomination, that is up to you. If you need a physical family of believers then by all means find that family. We are in a time where Gods will is not in the arena of righteousness but in the arena of unrighteousness through false teachers. This is how the reformation started, one by one monks and priests fell away from the Catholic church, found themselves alone then picked up again with the purity of scripture. The cycle continues with us, the homeless Christians.
    Blessings

19. LaBèlla

+4,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    There are many lonely Christians in those seats that no one notices. A lot of them are on this site. Some places are unwelcoming and the person feels more alone than they did at home.

Most churches and ministries have online prayer request forms and welcome phone calls if you need to talk. Googling ‘online prayer request’ will return many results.

Live streaming is a reality now. You don’t have to rely on televangelists. Add in the numerous music streaming services available for round-the-clock worship music. Not to mention the numerous communities and online bible studies.

Like many do on CF or through by volunteering.

I’m not trying to pick your post apart. This isn’t the 1900’s. Absence from a physical church doesn’t mean isolation and no Christian resources. You can access a host of sermons in the blink of an eye. You can form study groups and fellowship with people around the world.

We have a plethora of options at our reach. That’s the world we live in. :)

20. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,883
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    It is simply normal to be a member of a Christian community. Scripture doesn't show any evidence of solo Christians.
    I think so. What could be holding you back from being a member of a Christian community? The Holy Spirit should be leading you to to a local Christian community. Follow the lead of the Spirit wherever it leads you. But this I know: You are not being lead to be a solo Christian.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List