Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? God cannot save without someone having faith? You really try to limit God?
What about a baby who dies? Does he have faith? Does that baby go to hell even though he knows nothing? God CAN save whoever he wants however he wants. Generally, scripture teaches that he saves those we have some degree of faith.

"You have been saved by grace." Here the Greek use of a passive, perfect periphrastic participle indicates something interesting. The use of the passive voice shows how we are totally passive when it comes to being saved.
Again, in general, faith is a condition that must be met but faith is not doing the work of salvation. God alone is.

Just more proof you don't understand the scriptures.

renniks, I challenge you to give one example in the new testament where a person who is accountable to Gods law, Galatians 6:2 was ever saved without faith.

Let's see it!!!

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like Paul agrees with Solomon.
I missed the part where Paul said life is meaningless. Perhaps you could point that out?
Obviously keeping Christ's law is important. But you are applying it to salvation where it doesn't belong.

The whole duty of man is still keeping the commandments? Hmm, Jesus didn't think so.

Matthew 5:17-18, Jesus says, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the law until everything is accomplished."

And it was accomplished on the cross! Can I get a hallelujah up in here?

With his sacrifice the law has been fulfilled and has passed away. We now live under the law of Christ, not beneath the law of Moses.

Which commandment is the most important of all?’ Jesus answered, ‘The most important is, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” The second is this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” There is no other commandment greater than these.’”

Instead of trying to remember and obey the 600 commandments in the Old Testament Law, Christians are supposed to focus on loving God and loving others. No, Solomon didn't have that information.

Or this;

Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith” (Galatians 3:23-26).

And if you think you keep the commandments, I seriously doubt you do. Do you ever pick up anything on the Sabbath? Do you keep all the Sabbath rituals? Why would you want to be under the commandments when they were only a shadow?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do babies get saved by the gospel?
There's no other name by which they can be saved. You're darn tootin' they are saved by the gospel. Everyone that is saved is saved by Christ's blood.

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 Jesus is

“‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the cornerstone.’

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do err, Mathew 22:29

I missed the part where Paul said life is meaningless. Perhaps you could point that out?
Obviously keeping Christ's law is important. But you are applying it to salvation where it doesn't belong.

So, you think Solomon thinks life is meaningless?

Are you joking again?
That is what atheists say that Solomon said.
Are you in agreement that Solomon believes life has no meaning? Yes, that's what you said.

renniks, I don't think I can teach you. You just don't seem to understand the scriptures.

Why would Solomon say life's main purpose is to Fear God and keep His commandments if he thought life had no purpose?

You don't seem like you ever think before you speak!!!

Solomon taught seeking ONLY after this life and not God is vanity. Not that life itself has no meaning.

O, boy, the things you say!

Those that are completely secular in there thinking and living. Their lives are without meaning.

But those who live their lives for God, their lives do having meaning.

Solomon said he lived for all the worldly things, women, wealth, pleasure etc.

Solomon said later in his life, THAT WAY OF LIVING IS VANITY.

Solomon says at the end of his book,

Let us hear the conclusion of the matter,
What is he ssying?

His conclusion is life only has meaning if we seek and follow after God.

You totally missed Solomon's teaching. You didn't learn anything from Solomon!!!!

Ecclesiastes 1:14
I have seen all the works that are done UNDER THE SUN; and indeed, ALL IS VAINTY AND GRASPING FOR THE WIND.

Yes, all the material, secular things under the sun is vanity. Solomon is saying without putting God first in life all is vanity.

Ecclesiastes 2:11
Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done and in the labor in which I had tolied ; and indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind.

All the physical things Solomon did was vanity.

Now hear the conclusion Solomon comes to about what gives life meaning,

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the whole conclusion of the whole matter :
Fear God and keep His commandments Fir this is mans all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil.

renniks when are you going to start studying the Bible?
Instead of the traditional errors that came out of protestantism?

The whole duty of man is still keeping the commandments? Hmm, Jesus didn't think so.

Matthew 5:17-18, Jesus says, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the law until everything is accomplished."

Your ignorance of the scriptures is astonishing to me!
Because you claim you have been a Bible student for 40 years!!!!!!!

And it was accomplished on the cross! Can I get a hallelujah up in here?

Yes, renniks The Law of Moses was brought to completion on the cross.

But guess what?

Jesus replaced the old law with His new law!

We are now under the law of Christ, James 1:25.
And we must obey this law. We must keep this law. We must be doing Jesus' law!

But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it and is not a forgetful hearer but a DOER of the work , this one will be blessed in what he does.

All will be judged by Christs law on judgement day,
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead small and great, standing before God and BOOKS WERE OPENED, AND ANOTHER BOOK WAS OPENED WHICH IS THE BOOK OF LIFE. AND THE DEAD WERE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS, BY THE THINGS WHICH WERE WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS.

We are judged by Gods law! What law? The new covenant, Christ's will and testament. We will be judged by the law of Christ!

Which commandment is the most important of all?’ Jesus answered, ‘The most important is, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” The second is this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself

Did you hear that? The most important commandment is to love God.

How does the Bible teach we love God?

This is love for God,

1John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

Perfect harmony.

Do you see renniks how you don't understand what Jesus is teaching?

You do not know how to love God.
You think love is just believing in your heart you love God.

Hearts can be deceived. Minds can be corrupted.

I will allow Jesus to tell me how I know I love him.

Those who reject putting obeying Gods law first. Do not love God.

1John 2:3-5
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments

He who says I know Him and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

renniks you do not understand the things you say.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, you think Solomon thinks life is meaningless?
Yes and no. The actual interpretation should be more like "Life is like a breath..or vapor." So everything here seems meaningless when viewed from an old man's perspective because it was all just an instant. I know that feeling and I'm only a 50 some.
Solomon got a glimpse of eternity but he didn't really get it fully or he would not have strayed, chasing after temporary pleasure.

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's no other name by which they can be saved. You're darn tootin' they are saved by the gospel. Everyone that is saved is saved by Christ's blood.

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 Jesus is

“‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the cornerstone.’

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
You just said babies must be saved the way we are saved.

Nowhere does the Bible teach this.
I challenge you to show me where babies must obey the gospel to be saved?

Babies do not have sin
Babies are innocent
Babies will not be judged by their works like adults
They know not wrong from right, Matthew 18:3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And if you think you keep the commandments, I seriously doubt you do. Do you ever pick up anything on the Sabbath? Do you keep all the Sabbath rituals? Why would you want to be under the commandments when they were only a shadow?

You clearly don't understand the scriptures,
You have not learned the difference between the old law and the new law of Christ.

No one today, including jews are under the law of Moses
No one is commanded to keep the sabbath today

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really? God cannot save without someone having faith? You really try to limit God?
What about a baby who dies? Does he have faith? Does that baby go to hell even though he knows nothing? God CAN save whoever he wants however he wants.

New Testament Christian response.
Yes, God does save however He wants.

And how does God want to save us? Through His gospel
, Romans 1:16.

Will He change His gospel and allow those who refuse to believe and obey it be saved?
You think God is going to allow the sinner to be saved without following after how He chose to save us.

If there is exceptions then give scripture for them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You clearly don't understand the scriptures,
You have not learned the difference between the old law and the new law of Christ.

No one today, including jews are under the law of Moses
No one is commanded to keep the sabbath today
What commands are you talking about? The law of love is rather vague.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
renniks you most certainly did say babies are saved by the gospel.

There's no other name by which they can be saved. You're darn tootin' they are saved by the gospel

Funny you can't remember the things you just said.
Also you just flip flopped.
You taught that faith does not save us. Only God saves us alone.
Now you're saying we are saved by the gospel.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny you can't remember the things you just said.
Also you just flip flopped.
You taught that faith does not save us. Only God saves us alone.
Now you're saying we are saved by the gospel.
Lol... the gospel is God saving us!
Right only God saves, by his sacrifice.
No one is saved another way.

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lol... the gospel is God saving us!
Right only God saves, by his sacrifice.
No one is saved another way.
You have proven again you do not know the gospel of Jesus Christ.

There are things man must do, Mark 16:15-16.
We must believe
We must repent
We must obey

You sound like a universalist

Upvote 0

New Testament Christian

Sep 10, 2021
Columbus
✟4,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are. The gospel is Christ's death and resurrection on their behalf.
Wrong!
The gospel must be obeyed!

Babies are not accountable to His gospel.

You just admitted that you did say babies are saved by the gospel.
Early you said you did not say this.
You are a very confused man.

The gospel adults are saved by must be obeyed.
Babies do not obey the gospel.
They are not held accountable to Gods commandments in His gospel.

1Corinthians 15:1-4 is only about the death of Christ
Do babies have to obey the death of Christ? No, you don't obey the death, burial and ressurection. You believe it! Babies dont believe.
There is no obedience in 1Corinthians 15:1-4 that is why you like to say this is the whole gospel.
Babies are saved without the blood of Christ.
Only those who have sin need saving by Jesus blood.

Babies have no sin. They go directly to be with God.

Do you not know why Christ shed His blood?
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Jesus shed His blood for sinners, not for the pure, unblemished babies that are exactly like Jesus,
Matthew 18:3 without sin.
You are confused renniks you need help with the scriptures.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.