'I am not a crisis actor': Florida teens hit back at conspiracy theorists

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,874.00
Faith
Christian
"I am not a crisis actor. I'm somebody who had to witness this and live through this and I continue to have to do this," 17-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior David Hogg told CNN. "The fact that some of the students at Stoneman Douglas High School are showing more maturity and political action than many of our elected officials is a testament to how disgusting and broken our political system is right now in America. But we're trying to fix that."

Defaming these poor kids in a public forum just a few days after a school shooting. Just wow. I sincerely hope the children and their families lawyer up and sue these conspidiots into the ground.

Story here

Reactions: USincognito

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"I am not a crisis actor. I'm somebody who had to witness this and live through this and I continue to have to do this," 17-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior David Hogg told CNN. "The fact that some of the students at Stoneman Douglas High School are showing more maturity and political action than many of our elected officials is a testament to how disgusting and broken our political system is right now in America. But we're trying to fix that."

Defaming these poor kids in a public forum just a few days after a school shooting. Just wow. I sincerely hope the children and their families lawyer up and sue these conspidiots into the ground.

Story here
I just read that story. Im incredulous that such a significant cohort of people (and by significant I mean in terms of power and number of people), have elected to attack the students voicing their concerns using "dirty politics" and smearing their integrity, while electing to stay silent on the issues of gun violence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Both things can be true. They can be sincere and be being used as pawns by a left-wing media.
Is that wrong? Is it wrong to point to the voices of the students and then say - we agree and support it politically? Is my interpretation correct that your point is, that somehow the concerns voiced are some sort of sinister leftist plot?

Upvote 0

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is that wrong? Is it wrong to point to the voices of the students and then say - we agree and support it politically? Is my interpretation correct that your point is, that somehow the concerns voiced are some sort of sinister leftist plot?

Not a "sinister leftist plot" as such. Just a calculated and insincere and manipulative effort to make political capital out of someone else's pain and suffering. In other words, business as usual for the American political left.

I think the students are sincere. I also think that banning cheap so-called "assault rifles" will do absolutely nothing to prevent the next attack from occurring.

You want to stop school shootings? Hire Republican teachers and arm them in the classrooms.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi if you do a bit of research you can see things that the government has done to manipulate public opinion on political issues. I am not saying I think in this case crisis actors were used. But WW2 it was proven that the US had complete foreknowledge of the coming Japanese attack and we kept that information from the two Pacific commanders who were given all the blame for Pearl Harbor they were called negligent. The two men demanded to be court martial so they could defend their names. They were denied at 1st but went to congress which voted to court martial them. The evidence turned out that they were 100% innocent and set up as fall guys and they proved that even the president knew the Pear Harbor attack was coming. If we were that corrupt back then I am certain we are worst off now. Here is a link the that history a long but eye opening read. Once you start to question history and seek facts much more manipulation occurs than you could ever imaging.

Pearl Harbor: Scapegoating Kimmel and Short

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Not a "sinister leftist plot" as such. Just a calculated and insincere and manipulative effort to make political capital out of someone else's pain and suffering. In other words, business as usual for the American political left.

I'd be more impressed about this accusation if it took into account that politicians on both sides of the aisle do this on a regular basis. Current events and tragedies of any sort are politicized by our system fast.

want to stop school shootings? Hire Republican teachers and arm them in the classrooms.

So in other words, take someone else's pain and suffering and make political capital out of it?

Upvote 0

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd be more impressed about this accusation if it took into account that politicians on both sides of the aisle do this on a regular basis. Current events and tragedies of any sort are politicized by our system fast.

So in other words, take someone else's pain and suffering and make political capital out of it?

As to your first point, OK, that's fair. Republicans can be self-promoting weasels too.

As to the second point, that's a stretch. I see what you did there, but if you think about it, it was the setup for a joke. Why not arm Democratic teachers? Because they wouldn't know how to fire their weapons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More guns in the hands of fallible human beings? What could possibly go wrong?

That was a joke, people. Relax.

Maybe it was poor taste considering the subject. For that I apologize.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That was a joke, people. Relax.

Maybe it was poor taste considering the subject. For that I apologize.
Fair enough. Perhaps I should have seen the joke. As a background, I have been recently spending time at another "Christian" site which is essentially overrun by right wing extremists. So perhaps I am thinking straight as a result.

I have complained about Christian forums.com in the past. But I repent - this place is a breath of fresh air compared to other places. At least here, you get a reasonable balance of views.

• Friendly
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think the students are sincere. I also think that banning cheap so-called "assault rifles" will do absolutely nothing to prevent the next attack from occurring.

You want to stop school shootings? Hire Republican teachers and arm them in the classrooms.
Precisely! The Republicans are the only ones that care about doing something and protecting the children that attend public schools. The Democrats only solution is the banning of all firearms and disarming of the American population, one of their goals for decades.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Precisely! The Republicans are the only ones that care about doing something and protecting the children that attend public schools. The Democrats only solution is the banning of all firearms and disarming of the American population, one of their goals for decades.
So your answer to the problem America has with guns in its society is more guns, although you probably don't see guns in your society as a problem. I think the latter is America's real problem. You can change gun laws all you wish, but until people change their attitude to guns in society then I'm afraid America will continue to be plunged into grief as a result of senseless killings.
As the most powerful nation on earth, America probably doesn't take too kindly to the idea that other countries can do something better than they can, but the indisputable fact is that other countries do not have mass killings on the scale we see in America and there are reasons for that. America needs to swallow its pride and learn from others in this regard.
There are several threads on CF concerning the Florida shooting and what strikes me is that many who support having weapons blame this continuous cycle of violence on everything except guns.
The problem is guns, but apparently, some cannot see the forest for the trees.

• Winner
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Both things can be true. They can be sincere and be being used as pawns by a left-wing media.
I don't really agree with your use of the word "used". Chances are good these kids are not being "used" but, in fact, are being PUSHED to the left side because they think the right side doesn't care about their well being. Likely because they see logic and sense in doing some kind of gun reform/control and they see the left side of the political spectrum more likely to do that.

So not being used, so much as being attracted to. If you are interested in winning over young minds and voters, maybe the right wing should seriously consider their ideas and not placate them with platitudes that are (especially with follow up inaction) 1oo% useless.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Story here

Nope.

First, I don't believe these kids are crisis actors. But they sure enough need to learn "Play political games, win political prizes". They are NOT simply going about their lives and having the NRA holler at them from the sidelines, which would be reprehensible. They are out there, vocal and visible, saying the most awful things about our elected leaders. And they expect because they are one year shy of majority and because they attend a school that was recently victimized, no one can speak back.

The Left LOVES this game, see. Because they are "poor kids", their message is holy and they themselves are untouchable. No it's no, and no they're not. I am not suggesting we beat up on the kids. But we sure enough can speak back.

Many of us don't play this game by these rules anymore. And since we don't, the Left loses, because they have nothing else. Certainly not truth on their side.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nope.

First, I don't believe these kids are crisis actors. But they sure enough need to learn "Play political games, win political prizes". They are NOT simply going about their lives and having the NRA holler at them from the sidelines, which would be reprehensible. They are out there, vocal and visible, saying the most awful things about our elected leaders. And they expect because they are one year shy of majority and because they attend a school that was recently victimized, no one can speak back.

The Left LOVES this game, see. Because they are "poor kids", their message is holy and they themselves are untouchable. No it's no, and no they're not. I am not suggesting we beat up on the kids. But we sure enough can speak back.

Many of us don't play this game by these rules anymore. And since we don't, the Left loses, because they have nothing else. Certainly not truth on their side.

Sorry but that’s utterly despicable. Some traumatized kids who just narrowly survived being butchered in their school are speaking out, and you’re most interested in how ‘awful’ the things they say about elected politicians are. Absolutely no compassion on display here.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but that’s utterly despicable. Some traumatized kids who just narrowly survived being butchered in their school are speaking out, and you’re most interested in how ‘awful’ the things they say about elected politicians are. Absolutely no compassion on display here.

Nope not playing the "utterly despicable" game. I didn't say what I was most concerned about either did I? But even being a victim, when you speak politically, does not mean we can't speak politically back.

Upvote 0