Not open for further replies.

Alfred Persson

Mar 2, 2005
✟2,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe Calvinism and Armianism are both partly right, that a larger conceptual model exists which would include whatever is right about both systems.

The fundamental premise I propose as correct is that God did not foreknow the Elect as they now are and that his understanding explains the paradox between Free Will and God’s Predestination of the Elect by God’s Grace.

The premises:

1)God predicated His election upon His foreknowing the Elect:

Ro 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.-kjv

2)God didn’t choose the Elect because of anything in the Elect now

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.-kjv

Therefore I conclude the Elect God foreknew never existed save in the Mind of God, otherwise Ro 8:29 is without meaning. As all scripture is profitable (2 Ti 3:16) that is impossible.

Therefore I propose Ro 8:29 is to be understood thusly:

For whom He did foreknow would Freely choose to live with Him if free will were truly free, if the devil and the fall never existed, these he also did predestine to be conformed.

It was God’s good pleasure and will to save the Elect this way:

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,-kjv

Alfred Persson

Mar 2, 2005
✟2,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In your view it appears that God is not at all omniscient if He did not foreknow everything. Is this true?

God knows all. I don't believe He foreknew these contingencies for His benefit.

He did it for us, for our benefit.

When the elect question why some of their family members or loved ones, weren't selected, God probably will cite they didn't want to live with Him, even if they never knew sin, and their free will was truly free, they would have rejected life with God.

So in effect, God gave them what they wanted.

Upvote 0

Alfred Persson

Mar 2, 2005
✟2,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In your view it appears that God is not at all omniscient if He did not foreknow everything. Is this true?

I corrected that error in my revision:
So the data leads naturally to this conclusion, God already knew all who are His, but chose to put them to the test, in a contingency that evidenced the rightness of their election: When their will was truly free, they chose God.

This was done for the benefit of creation, not for Him. He already knows who are His.

Lest God’s Elect, whether human or angelic (1 Ti 5:21), mourn the non selection of loved ones, God reveals via foreknowledge why some were selected so all questions about this can be answered. It would be an act of kindness not to foreknow the non elect, as then the full measure of their evil is known only to God.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I believe Calvinism and Armianism are both partly right, that a larger conceptual model exists which would include whatever is right about both systems.

The fundamental premise I propose as correct is that God did not foreknow the Elect as they now are and that his understanding explains the paradox between Free Will and God’s Predestination of the Elect by God’s Grace.

The premises:

1)God predicated His election upon His foreknowing the Elect:

Ro 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.-kjv

2)God didn’t choose the Elect because of anything in the Elect now

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.-kjv

Therefore I conclude the Elect God foreknew never existed save in the Mind of God, otherwise Ro 8:29 is without meaning. As all scripture is profitable (2 Ti 3:16) that is impossible.

Therefore I propose Ro 8:29 is to be understood thusly:

For whom He did foreknow would Freely choose to live with Him if free will were truly free, if the devil and the fall never existed, these he also did predestine to be conformed.

It was God’s good pleasure and will to save the Elect this way:

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,-kjv
gee, that sounds like what I've believed, with some different wording for 35 years.

dayhiker

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.