I am going to get published.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
I have written a book, with conspiracy theories, Indian Jones-style action, disasters, and an ending that will get people thinking about their relationship with God.

Excerpt..

Running frantically through the alley in the warehouse district until he came to a dead-end wall, only then did Travis turn to look back. He saw no one but could hear the pounding of sprinting feet. He gazed at the wall before him. Too high! He quickly scanned the area for a hiding place. In the shadows of the alley, he nervously checked behind him for his pursuers. Panic gripped him like a cellophane wrap wound tightly over his face. His breathing was shallow and rapid. With fingers clutching for handholds in the wall, he reached up for the most meager grip and pulled himself up the brick wall. Losing his footing, he slid back down. He tried again, this time with more effort in clawing into the wall. This time he slid back down, scraping his knee. Sweat formed on his brow, and his palms were wet. Wiping his hands off onto his pants, heart racing, he was about to try again. Adrenaline, fueled by fear, surged. Either he was going to scale the wall before they got to him, or he would have to turn and face them. Now noticing a door on the right in the gloom, he quickly tried the handle. No luck! Pulling a credit card out of his pocket, he slid it down through the crack, over the bolt, and the door opened. Astonished at his good fortune, Travis gleefully slipped into the room, closing and re-locking the door behind him.

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have written a book, with conspiracy theories, Indian Jones-style action, disasters, and an ending that will get people thinking about their relationship with God.

Excerpt..

Running frantically through the alley in the warehouse district until he came to a dead-end wall, only then did Travis turn to look back. He saw no one but could hear the pounding of sprinting feet. He gazed at the wall before him. Too high! He quickly scanned the area for a hiding place. In the shadows of the alley, he nervously checked behind him for his pursuers. Panic gripped him like a cellophane wrap wound tightly over his face. His breathing was shallow and rapid. With fingers clutching for handholds in the wall, he reached up for the most meager grip and pulled himself up the brick wall. Losing his footing, he slid back down. He tried again, this time with more effort in clawing into the wall. This time he slid back down, scraping his knee. Sweat formed on his brow, and his palms were wet. Wiping his hands off onto his pants, heart racing, he was about to try again. Adrenaline, fueled by fear, surged. Either he was going to scale the wall before they got to him, or he would have to turn and face them. Now noticing a door on the right in the gloom, he quickly tried the handle. No luck! Pulling a credit card out of his pocket, he slid it down through the crack, over the bolt, and the door opened. Astonished at his good fortune, Travis gleefully slipped into the room, closing and re-locking the door behind him.
Congrats! How exciting!

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Excerpt..

Hi writing a book is no small feat and I hope you do well with it. Is it self published or do you have a contract with a publishing house?

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Contract with a publishing house.
that is great as I have known several to self publish and really outside of immediate family and friends the books got into very few hands. I hope you have success and the message does some good.

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Excerpt..

Visionary, do you belong to ACFW? It's a Christian writers group, although I'm sure there are other Messianics there. They can be really helpful to new writers and they have a great critique group.

Upvote 0