I am going to cook a turkey tomorrow, Saturday.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because I can't seem to quench the hunger around here. Just an average meal seems to not do it.
After all, Turkey day is only a few months away. So now is the time so that I will welcome a turkey by then, right?
I got a new cooker a few months a go and haven't used it. I was thinking of putting it outside because of the heat inside. That part is iffy. Boxed dressing and I hope I have olives for it. Olives and celery are a must but I don't have any celery so no celery.
The cooker is hard to explain and I don't remember the name. It is huge and cumbersome and is going to be a bear to wash after. Its a big round glass? bowl on feet with a lid with a fan and motor on top. I had a smaller one for years that I loved but it finally gave out. It was tough at its size to clean but this one is huge in comparison. I never tried it before. Wouldn't it be terrible if I thawed the turkey out and set it in the cooker and it didn't work?
Oh my!! Once thawed you have to cook it. Not a total loss as I will have to use the oven and heat up the whole house. Think positive.
Boxed dressing is so easy because you have the bread and spices right there already for you and all you have to do is add what you normally add if you were making it from scratch.
That should be good for a few days.:)
For me the neck is the best then the wings and the legs, no white meat for me.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY
Hows that sound?

PS I decided to post this because I felt the need to post and this is generic and I seem to get in too much trouble posting those controversial subjects.

Attachments

• halogen oven morning save.png
    halogen oven morning save.png
    119 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Arc F1

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because I can't seem to quench the hunger around here. Just an average meal seems to not do it.
After all, Turkey day is only a few months away. So now is the time so that I will welcome a turkey by then, right?
I got a new cooker a few months a go and haven't used it. I was thinking of putting it outside because of the heat inside. That part is iffy. Boxed dressing and I hope I have olives for it. Olives and celery are a must but I don't have any celery so no celery.
The cooker is hard to explain and I don't remember the name. It is huge and cumbersome and is going to be a bear to wash after. Its a big round glass? bowl on feet with a lid with a fan and motor on top. I had a smaller one for years that I loved but it finally gave out. It was tough at its size to clean but this one is huge in comparison. I never tried it before. Wouldn't it be terrible if I thawed the turkey out and set it in the cooker and it didn't work?
Oh my!! Once thawed you have to cook it. Not a total loss as I will have to use the oven and heat up the whole house. Think positive.
Boxed dressing is so easy because you have the bread and spices right there already for you and all you have to do is add what you normally add if you were making it from scratch.
That should be good for a few days.:)
For me the neck is the best then the wings and the legs, no white meat for me.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY
Hows that sound?

PS I decided to post this because I felt the need to post and this is generic and I seem to get in too much trouble posting those controversial subjects.

Be sure and cook enough for all of us. We are hungry too.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is always plenty to eat here any time. Everyones welcome but you would have to eat outside as my house is a mess.
The turkey is still a little unthawed so I can't get the giblets out so I am taking care of that now.
This was an original cooker of wolf gang puck but was sold from another person. Probably bought out as obsolete element. It is for everything but I wouldn't use if for everything as it is so heavy and cumbersome. Even an air fryer. I used my old one mostly for chicken as it cooks a whole chicken crispy and juicy. Think of it as a small oven and what you can cook in a small oven. Supposedly this turkey will cook in an hour and 45 mins?? I don't like raw anything. It is huge but the turkey looks huger, lol. I hope it fits, it is supposed to cook up to a 12 pounder. The leg ends are definitely going to touch the edges of the glass bowl. These originally sold for 200, this one was on morning save for 15. Quite a deal! Sold under another name with a generic box.
Thanks for the replies.:)

BTW, you can click on the pic for a larger size.
It is called a halogen oven. There is a halogen bulb under the lid with a fan, (I hope). Yikes, I guess I should turn it on before I put the turkey in to see if it works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟348,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am glad you all didn't show up. Nest time I need to remember the time was right. I just couldn't believe a turkey could be done in less than two hours. It was too done and the white meat was dry so at least the next turkey should be just right? The limbs were pretty much inedible. Takes 6hours in my oven for it to be falling apart. This one was far from falling apart.
Live and learn
Happy Sabbath
everyone.

Upvote 0