• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I am going on a fast, please keep me in your prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by rudez, Sep 13, 2019.

1. rudez

rudez Keep it Real Supporter

+17
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hello folks,
    I am dealing with an issue of Unbelief and also some financial help.
    I spent the past two days fasting, waking up at 2 pm and fasting till 2 am the next day without eating anything but drinking water and breaking my fast after 12 hours. I did this for 2 days and then took a break.

Next,
    I am going on a 3 day fast eating only salad and drink water,
    take a day break and
    then another 3 day fast,
    take a 2 day break
    then on a 5 day fast a
    3 days break
    Then a 7 day fast
    And so on

I am building up to go on a 40 day fast.

I need your prayers. Please keep me in your prayers, that I successfully train with the help of Jesus to finish the fasts untill I finish a 40 day fast.

I am a food lover, especially meat, it is really a difficult thing for me, but I want God more than anything, so please pray that my body will subdue and submit to the lord rather than become a pain in the A**. Please don't forget to pray for me and my fasts. Thank you

• Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. miggles

miggles miggles

+492
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    i will pray. i worry about the effects it will have on your health tho. you can fast in other ways other than food it think. like if you give up a fun activity for 40 days.

3. ☦Marius☦

☦Marius☦ Orthodox Hillbilly Supporter

+1,948
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    If you'd like a guide to fasting, every year Orthodox hold a similar 40 day fast before Easter. You could look up that as to what is a safe method for fasting from meat and dairy.

4. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+798
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    A 40 day fast is certainly doable and I don't think I've heard of lasting health effects really. You just have to build up to it, as you are. So that's good.

I recently read a book by a pastor who did a 40 day fast along with members of his congregation and it inspired me to try that someday, too. I started out with a two day fast, then three days, then four days and then seven days. That's the longest I've done yet. The seven day fast was an amazing experience.

For me the hard part is that my workplace likes to celebrate every single birthday by ordering food from a local restaurant. So I have to try to figure out when I can fast that no employees have birthdays. ^_^

5. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+3,860
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lord bless rudez, with your faith and financial help. Lord rudez wants to fast, let you guide and help to fast, fulfill heart's desire, and also bless rudez, to know and do things according to your will. Lord bless rudez, and this prayer request, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

6. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+6,025
    Messianic
    Private
    My first prayer is that you don't overdo it with the fasting. Strenuous fasting can be detrimental to your health. It can weaken the adrenals and if they would get weak you would have serious health problems, not just fatigue. The effects of strenuous fasting, and adrenal weakening, may not be noticeable at first, either.

Fasting is starvation and starvation is not good for your body, though to a limited extent it is not harmful, even helpful to the body. But, again, that is if you are very healthy.

I pray you will be given insight and wisdom and guidance, and strength, in fasting. My personal opinion is that IF someone is very healthy, then a once a week 24 water only fast will suffice to bring great breakthroughs in life.

7. ajcarey

ajcarey Active Member

+310
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I agree with LoricaLady. I'll add that though fasting can be a great tool in drawing nearer to God, it is not a cure-all for spiritual problems and it is especially not a means to convince God to answer our prayers or provide our needs (ironically, overdone it can harm us to the equivalent of someone being harmed as a result of being greatly deprived of their needs). And you'll also see in the Bible that Jesus and those who fasted for 40 days were physically withdrawn from society when they did their fasts. I don't see it as biblical to do a prolonged fast going about everyday life, and the closest we see to that in Scripture is Daniel's 21 day fast in Daniel chapter 10 where he didn't abstain from food altogether, just basically from meat, wine, and dessert. Not trying to tell you for sure what you ought to do, but please be careful and understand that it's quite possible there may be more basic things to focus on and perfect in walking by faith that could ultimately be a lot more advantageous in every way than this. I think of Micah 6:8 in its context and Isaiah chapter 58 especially as related texts to this. I'm praying that you'd take the best route before God here and reap the eternal and temporal benefits of doing whatever that is.

8. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+6,025
    Messianic
    Private
    I would add that fasting like Moses and the Savior did for 40 d & n would be fine if we were at their exalted level of Spirituality. Who is, though?