I am embarrassed to call myself a Christian with how anti-vax Christians have become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well let me correct that. The majority of anti-vax people are stated to be "white evangelicals". Which is what I am. I am embarrassed by that and dropped my denomination of evangelical. Granted I realize there are some in other denominations who are also anti-vax. But knowing my group was the biggest saddened me. I'd say the vast majority of friends on Facebook I know are anti-vax and I'm pretty much at the point of blocking them as they constantly talk about every hour or send me links with wild claims.

My wife and I take care of my dad with Leukemia. He has not left the home ONCE since COVID started last year. He has not even had guests over. Even the ones that are vaccinated. He simply can't risk it. He did get the vaccine as her doctor asked. But sadly we can't trust people to be honest with us if they want to come over.

I recently had a bad fight with a friend of about 10 years. She said I lived in fear of getting COVID and its a sin. I reminded her she lives in fear of the vaccine and is doing exactly what the devil wants her to do, fear. She stopped talking to me. So I posted on my FB page that the vax is not the mark of the beast, it doesn't have a chip, it doesn't change your DNA, it doesn't cure COVID but lessens the symptoms, mask do work if worn right....etc. I even posted the fact its delivered in a different way, hence it didn't need FDA approval. It's being given to us in a safer package then how most vaccines do.

In the end this all has me embarrassed. Especially when atheist are making fun of us using the verses we always talk about and suddenly decide to ignore now that we need the verses the most. Like not being selfish, taking care of the sick and elderly, loving one another. So on and so forth. I really don't know what to say to those atheists except people like to cherry pick. Even back during the spanish flu in the 1930s, christians at that time were doing the same paranoid conspiracy stuff. And yet in the modern day the same mindset hasn't changed despite how advanced we have become.

Not sure how to stop feeling embarrassed about all this and yet somehow remain friends with people who are indeed making things worse and putting my own dads life at risk.

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. —Galatians 1:10

I would more concerned about disassociating myself from something that matters based on outside opinion as opposed to a heartfelt belief the connection no longer fit.

If you’re evangelical that’s who you are. That isn’t rooted in someone’s behavior. You’re attracted because it draws you spiritually. What’s more important?

Never mind them. If God put you there remain in that place and rise above it.

~bella

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In the end this all has me embarrassed. Especially when atheist are making fun of us using the verses we always talk about and suddenly decide to ignore now that we need the verses the most. Like not being selfish, taking care of the sick and elderly, loving one another. So on and so forth. I really don't know what to say to those atheists except people like to cherry pick.

You're worried about what atheists--those without the Spirit, who are "none of His"--think? You are trying to shame believers over what those who stand "condemned already" might think?

Please don't.

(Romans 8:9...John 3:18)

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
The word anti-vax was promoted by the government ….to eliminate gray area and any argument….they do that with most things, to not only eliminate gray areas, but cause separation…..and it’s working.

Most of the un vaxxed people are not anti-vaccine (some are) … many take yearly flu shots and have had their kids immunized…

No, it’s not the mark of the beast and this one does not have a chip…I don’t know enough about DNA to state with certainly whether it effects change in the DNA …now or down the line.

There are a variety of reasons people do not want to take it…. and a variety of reasons people do take it…..It’s a decision that each individual still gets to make in a free society … You have your reasons and they have theirs ….can you accept that?

And just so you know ….the biggest group is not white evangelicals they are 3 rd in line …of ethnicity (at least whites are, I don’t know about the evangelicals)

Just do what you do to keep yourself and your family safe …and as far as dropping the evangelical part …I despise names that pigeonhole people anyhow …Being Christian encompasses all that Jesus Christ represents.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you're embarrassed because of other Christians, you aren't thinking of Christ first. You're thinking about the appearances of others and how the world sees them. How can one be embarrassed to call themselves a Christian, when we are made Christians in Christ? If other Christians are being foolish, what impact does that have on you in being part of the body of Christ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well let me correct that. The majority of anti-vax people are stated to be "white evangelicals". Which is what I am. I am embarrassed by that and dropped my denomination of evangelical. Granted I realize there are some in other denominations who are also anti-vax. But knowing my group was the biggest saddened me. I'd say the vast majority of friends on Facebook I know are anti-vax and I'm pretty much at the point of blocking them as they constantly talk about every hour or send me links with wild claims.

My wife and I take care of my dad with Leukemia. He has not left the home ONCE since COVID started last year. He has not even had guests over. Even the ones that are vaccinated. He simply can't risk it. He did get the vaccine as her doctor asked. But sadly we can't trust people to be honest with us if they want to come over.

I recently had a bad fight with a friend of about 10 years. She said I lived in fear of getting COVID and its a sin. I reminded her she lives in fear of the vaccine and is doing exactly what the devil wants her to do, fear. She stopped talking to me. So I posted on my FB page that the vax is not the mark of the beast, it doesn't have a chip, it doesn't change your DNA, it doesn't cure COVID but lessens the symptoms, mask do work if worn right....etc. I even posted the fact its delivered in a different way, hence it didn't need FDA approval. It's being given to us in a safer package then how most vaccines do.

In the end this all has me embarrassed. Especially when atheist are making fun of us using the verses we always talk about and suddenly decide to ignore now that we need the verses the most. Like not being selfish, taking care of the sick and elderly, loving one another. So on and so forth. I really don't know what to say to those atheists except people like to cherry pick. Even back during the spanish flu in the 1930s, christians at that time were doing the same paranoid conspiracy stuff. And yet in the modern day the same mindset hasn't changed despite how advanced we have become.

Not sure how to stop feeling embarrassed about all this and yet somehow remain friends with people who are indeed making things worse and putting my own dads life at risk.

Atheists just want to attack Christians. Being vaccinated or not vaccinated is irrelevant because it’s common knowledge that even those who are vaccinated can and do still contract and transmit the virus, perhaps even more so since many establishments don’t require those who have been vaccinated to wear masks.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I sympathize, though I'm older and perhaps more fatalistic about this mortal body passing. All these bodies will all die, all of them, and not only those that wrongly think masks don't work or have wrong theories they believed about vaccines or such, and in the end the thing that matters is that each individual would truly believe in Christ (as will be shown in their fruits, John chapter 15 and Galatians chapter 5).

Also, we can plead with people to repent, remind them that being a 'good' support of a politician, or such, cannot save, but have to realize that in the end not all will make it.

And that's not up to us. As we learn in Mark chapter 4, only the true seed can work, and we cannot know when or how.

But we can usefully tell even people in churches the words of Christ. Those that believe will welcome His words into their hearts.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I'm not anti-vaccination but I am definitely going to wait a good stretch of time before I allow myself to be injected with a novel vaccine that is still, essentially, in its testing phase. Especially in light of the growing number of adverse reactions to these novel mRNA vaccines - some very serious - and the availability of highly prophylactically-effective, cheap, safe drugs (Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine and zinc, etc.) the incredible, almost fascist, pressure to get vaccinated is very disturbing and prompts me to be very suspicious of the motives behind the political and popular media frenzy for universal vaccination.

Waiting to be vaccinated is not irrational, or uncharitable, but prudent.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy6j5mXu3C6bBZ20vcLjYrg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAWCKUrmvK5F_ynBY_CMlIA

Your last remark in this bit is entirely false. Unlike a typical vaccine, the mRNA vaccines do not remain in the tissue in which they are injected. The spike protein of the vaccines travels all throughout the body, even crossing the blood-brain barrier. No typical vaccine does this. And the number of adverse reactions to these new vaccines is at a level now that would have had any previous vaccine thrown on the junkpile as dangerous and ineffective.

In the end this all has me embarrassed. Especially when atheist are making fun of us using the verses we always talk about and suddenly decide to ignore now that we need the verses the most. Like not being selfish, taking care of the sick and elderly, loving one another. So on and so forth.

None of these biblical injunctions apply. It is not charity to volunteer to be a guinea pig for Big Pharma; it is foolishness. There are any number of ways to protect the elderly from Covid that don't require people being injected with a novel vaccine that has not been fully tested. In any case, atheists laugh at Christians regardless. Being shamed by their ridicule is to give them ground they don't deserve.

Even back during the spanish flu in the 1930s, christians at that time were doing the same paranoid conspiracy stuff. And yet in the modern day the same mindset hasn't changed despite how advanced we have become.

Clearly, you haven't been exposed to the more rational, research-based opposition to the vaccines. Is this because you don't want to be exposed? It is the thinking of the racist to lump people of a particular group all together, regardless of actual differences between them. Not all evangelical Christians opposed to the vaccines are so because they are paranoid conspiracy nuts. That's just careless labeling that doesn't help the truth to get out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

After God's Heart

May 15, 2021
Florida
✟18,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently had a bad fight with a friend of about 10 years. She said I lived in fear of getting COVID and its a sin. I reminded her she lives in fear of the vaccine and is doing exactly what the devil wants her to do, fear. She stopped talking to me. So I posted on my FB page that the vax is not the mark of the beast, it doesn't have a chip, it doesn't change your DNA, it doesn't cure COVID but lessens the symptoms, mask do work if worn right....etc.

Quoting myself here as a response...
Christians we should avoid rebuking each other as if taking or not taking the vaccine is on par with sin or righteousness. Getting the vaccination isn't rooted in an absolute principle, it's a personal conviction.

We should not be holding our brothers and sisters in Christ to moral standards outside of what God has established in his law. That's not to say we can't make a case for why we think certain medical treatments are or aren't effective, but we should really be examining our own hearts in our expectations of others and deferring to the moral authority of Christ.

Philippians 4:2-3
2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. 3 Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

I just happened to review Philippians 4 last night at a study, so this was still fresh on my mind. These women were clearly divided on some issues but they're being called to unite in Christ for the cause of the Gospel.
To dissolve a 10 year friendship with a fellow believer over the vaccine is really sad, I pray that you two are able to reconcile.

In the end this all has me embarrassed. Especially when atheist are making fun of us using the verses we always talk about and suddenly decide to ignore now that we need the verses the most.

Atheists are fundamentally at odds with God. I would be more fearful of God's judgment than man's opinions.

I'm not diminishing the seriousness of illness, or death, but it is a shame to see brothers and sisters continuing to divide over this. But! I'll leave you with this part of Philippians 4:

5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Things Jesus never said: "Come unto me all you vaccinated people and the rest of you can go to hades."
Your beliefs about viruses aren't anything to do with your salvation.
People need to show grace to both opinions. It should not divide Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob_1000

Jul 30, 2021
Mid-West
✟20,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is from Moderna's website. https://www.modernatx.com/mrna-technology/mrna-platform-enabling-drug-discovery-development4

Our Operating System
Recognizing the broad potential of mRNA science, we set out to create an mRNA technology platform that functions very much like an operating system on a computer. It is designed so that it can plug and play interchangeably with different programs. In our case, the "program” or “app” is our mRNA drug - the unique mRNA sequence that codes for a protein.

Our mRNA Medicines – The ‘Software of Life’
When we have a concept for a new mRNA medicine and begin research, fundamental components are already in place.

Generally, the only thing that changes from one potential mRNA medicine to another is the coding region – the actual genetic code that instructs ribosomes to make protein. Utilizing these instruction sets gives our investigational mRNA medicines a software-like quality. We also have the ability to combine different mRNA sequences encoding for different proteins in a single mRNA investigational medicine.

We are leveraging the flexibility afforded by our platform and the fundamental role mRNA plays in protein synthesis to pursue mRNA medicines for a broad spectrum of diseases.

I guess if your good with replacing God's operating system with Moderna's operating system then the gene therapy jab (not vaccine), is for you.

Today the "app" codes for spike protiens or so we are told. It's messenger RNA so they can program it to do whatever they want it to do.
Over population - no problem we have an app for that.
Gender Neutrality - no problem we have an app for that.
Too Religous - no problem we have an app for that.

You vaxx people are some trusting souls to let someone put a foreign operating system in your body. Did you ever consider these people may be more concerned with advancing their agenda rather than your health?

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

This is just as much a part of the problem as people pushing their crazy theories. What both sides seem to have waved bye-bye to long ago is treating one another with respect.

Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not anti-vaccination but I am definitely going to wait a good stretch of time before I allow myself to be injected with a novel vaccine that is still, essentially, in its testing phase. Especially in light of the growing number of adverse reactions to these novel mRNA vaccines - some very serious - and the availability of highly prophylactically-effective, cheap, safe drugs (Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine and zinc, etc.) the incredible, almost fascist, pressure to get vaccinated is very disturbing and prompts me to be very suspicious of the motives behind the political and popular media frenzy for universal vaccination.

Waiting to be vaccinated is not irrational, or uncharitable, but prudent.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy6j5mXu3C6bBZ20vcLjYrg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAWCKUrmvK5F_ynBY_CMlIA

Your last remark in this bit is entirely false. Unlike a typical vaccine, the mRNA vaccines do not remain in the tissue in which they are injected. The spike protein of the vaccines travels all throughout the body, even crossing the blood-brain barrier. No typical vaccine does this. And the number of adverse reactions to these new vaccines is at a level now that would have had any previous vaccine thrown on the junkpile as dangerous and ineffective.

None of these biblical injunctions apply. It is not charity to volunteer to be a guinea pig for Big Pharma; it is foolishness. There are any number of ways to protect the elderly from Covid that don't require people being injected with a novel vaccine that has not been fully tested. In any case, atheists laugh at Christians regardless. Being shamed by their ridicule is to give them ground they don't deserve.

Clearly, you haven't been exposed to the more rational, research-based opposition to the vaccines. Is this because you don't want to be exposed? It is the thinking of the racist to lump people of a particular group all together, regardless of actual differences between them. Not all evangelical Christians opposed to the vaccines are so because they are paranoid conspiracy nuts. That's just careless labeling that doesn't help the truth to get out.

Great post!

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The majority of anti-vax people are stated to be "white evangelicals".

Yes this is what the media says.. not sure why you had to quote them. This is where I stop. Well from the start its not true, that also means a lie. I leave with ..how many woman found their monthly period has changed? Thousands. I shared this yesterday. My wife her and her friend at work were talking. Her friend and family of 6 all go the vaccine.

Well not even 6 months later they all got covid again she had to go to the hospital and her husband still can not taste anything. Oh I forget to add how they got it the 2nd time. Someone they knew that worked at an elderly home.

So there ya go..WHY You leave out Black, Hispanic, Asian.. I don't know. For those numbers are HUGE that still will not get the vaccine. Then all those coming across the border.. sorry who are they? They say 30%+ will not take the vaccine nor be tested. Yet are all free to still come in.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The majority of anti-vax people are stated to be "white evangelicals".

Yes this is what the media says.. not sure why you had to quote them. This is where I stop. Well from the start its not true, that also means a lie. I leave with ..how many woman found their monthly period has changed? Thousands. I shared this yesterday. My wife her and her friend at work were talking. Her friend and family of 6 all go the vaccine.

Well not even 6 months later they all got covid again she had to go to the hospital and her husband still can not taste anything. Oh I forget to add how they got it the 2nd time. Someone they knew that worked at an elderly home.

So there ya go..WHY You leave out Black, Hispanic, Asian.. I don't know. For those numbers are HUGE that still will not get the vaccine. Then all those coming across the border.. sorry who are they? They say 30%+ will not take the vaccine nor be tested. Yet are all free to still come in.

Agree x1000

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even back during the spanish flu in the 1930s, christians at that time were doing the same paranoid conspiracy stuff. And yet in the modern day the same mindset hasn't changed despite how advanced we have become.
People can make a lot of noise so they seem to represent a lot of people they don't.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is hard to know what to say to people who are anti-vax. But this is what I tell people of faith, the bible says:

1Pe 2:13-15 The Lord wants you to obey all human authorities, especially the Emperor, who rules over everyone. You must also obey governors, because they are sent by the Emperor to punish criminals and to praise good citizens. God wants you to silence stupid and ignorant people by doing right.

Our governments want us to take the vaccines, and we should be doing it, for their sake. By not doing it we are opposing God's mandate, and if we don't get vaccines we will be seen as not "doing right".

This is not against faith, yes we have faith in God's protection, but for the sake of the principle of the word to be doing what is right in others' eyes we should get vaccinated.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Our governments want us to take the vaccines, and we should be doing it, for their sake. By not doing it we are opposing God's mandate, and if we don't get vaccines we will be seen as not "doing right".

This is an overly-simplistic and, well, kinda' self-righteous way to think. Your thinking is also frightening in its blind obedience to governmental authority. Essentially, what you seem to be saying is that God wants us to be vaccinated. Any Christian, then, who refuses vaccination is disobeying God. That certainly "sanctifies" your position, doesn't it? To disagree with you is, basically, to disagree with God. All unvaccinated people are sinners. Wow. There are a lot of Muslim terrorists who would applaud such thinking, I'm sure.

If the government mandated that we should all eat three pounds of cheese everyday, would you do so? If the government said you should watch your t.v. at least ten hours everyday, avoid exercise, and consume only potato chips, would you do so? If the government made it law that you should drink a liter of camel urine (as the "prophet" Muhammed has recommended) once a day, would you do so? According to your thinking, if such things were made law by your government it would be a sin to refuse, right?

Vaccination is not law. Nor should it ever be in a free society.

The effects of the vaccines remain largely unknown. They certainly don't offer the efficacy of normal vaccines and are producing increasing numbers of serious, even fatal, reactions in people. Any prior vaccine doing as poorly as the CCP virus ones are doing would have been scrapped long ago as useless and dangerous. But here you are saying its unChristian not to take one of them. Yikes.

What is unChristian, it seems to me, is to pressure fellow believers into being guinea pigs for novel, dangerous, fairly ineffective, not-yet-fully-tested drugs and calling it God's will.

You are not a champion of God's will, I think, but of the will of Big Pharma and of Xi Xiping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is hard to know what to say to people who are anti-vax. But this is what I tell people of faith, the bible says:

1Pe 2:13-15 The Lord wants you to obey all human authorities, especially the Emperor, who rules over everyone. You must also obey governors, because they are sent by the Emperor to punish criminals and to praise good citizens. God wants you to silence stupid and ignorant people by doing right.

This is not against faith, yes we have faith in God's protection, but for the sake of the principle of the word to be doing what is right in others' eyes we should get vaccinated.

I do agree that we should respect the authorities that are put in place by God but at this point even the government can’t guarantee that the vaccines are 100% safe so until they are mandating that everyone must be vaccinated we are not actually in opposition to the government since they are still giving people the option to refuse.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is from Moderna's website. https://www.modernatx.com/mrna-technology/mrna-platform-enabling-drug-discovery-development4

Our Operating System
Recognizing the broad potential of mRNA science, we set out to create an mRNA technology platform that functions very much like an operating system on a computer. It is designed so that it can plug and play interchangeably with different programs. In our case, the "program” or “app” is our mRNA drug - the unique mRNA sequence that codes for a protein.

Our mRNA Medicines – The ‘Software of Life’
When we have a concept for a new mRNA medicine and begin research, fundamental components are already in place.

Generally, the only thing that changes from one potential mRNA medicine to another is the coding region – the actual genetic code that instructs ribosomes to make protein. Utilizing these instruction sets gives our investigational mRNA medicines a software-like quality. We also have the ability to combine different mRNA sequences encoding for different proteins in a single mRNA investigational medicine.

We are leveraging the flexibility afforded by our platform and the fundamental role mRNA plays in protein synthesis to pursue mRNA medicines for a broad spectrum of diseases.

I guess if your good with replacing God's operating system with Moderna's operating system then the gene therapy jab (not vaccine), is for you.

Today the "app" codes for spike protiens or so we are told. It's messenger RNA so they can program it to do whatever they want it to do.
Over population - no problem we have an app for that.
Gender Neutrality - no problem we have an app for that.
Too Religous - no problem we have an app for that.

You vaxx people are some trusting souls to let someone put a foreign operating system in your body. Did you ever consider these people may be more concerned with advancing their agenda rather than your health?

Nope, your interpretation is faulty.

It's all "God's operating system."

Moderna has simply learned how to write an application that runs on God's operating system, which is what they said:

"In our case, the 'program' or 'app' is our mRNA drug ...."

And that's all medicine or engineering or even gardening actually does. We learn how God's operating system works, and we develop applications that run on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.