I am disappointed.

Gareb

Jun 10, 2012
✟7,660.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Um, my concern is not only with what is said but some times with the tone it is said. Christians will have many different solutions to problems and not even agree on what the facts are. But our speech should be full of grace and show a humble and teachable spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
California
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it's interesting that some pastors have a soft soothing voice and they can have large followings, while other preachers take a more fire-and-brimstone approach and they also have large flocks. It's always been this way. It takes both kinds of Christians.

The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you" Cor1 12:21.

Some like a warm, friendly approach, others appreciate confrontation. I personally don't see how we hammer out wrong ideas without confronting them. As sure as Satan's philosophy finds its way onto this forum, is as sure that it needs to be confronted. Then see which remains standing?

Jesus said a kind word turns away wrath, but he also turned out the money changers and said he was bringing a sword. Not a sword of steel, but the word which cuts deeper than steel. Both approaches seem necessary. Both are found on this forum.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Um, my concern is not only with what is said but some times with the tone it is said. Christians will have many different solutions to problems and not even agree on what the facts are. But our speech should be full of grace and show a humble and teachable spirit.

Well, we are still sinners, Gareb. :) Besides, Paul got rather snarky at times.

Upvote 0