1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I am disappointed.

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Gareb, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Gareb

Gareb Newbie

+1
    Non-Denom
    Married
    If I had stopped to think about it I would have known better. I was hoping for a more mature and more Christian group. I find the forum only a little better than the more controlled forums that address current issues, morals and politics.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,396
    Christian
    Married
    When you find the perfect forum could you drop us a line? We'll all move over there then. :wave:
    tulc(suspects "a more mature and more Christian group" only has one member in it) :sorry:

3. Gareb

Gareb Newbie

+1
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Responding to a statement with a request of perfection is not a valid argument.

4. renewed21

renewed21 what are you waiting for?

+254
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Let's do this. We shall be proactive and constructive and engage in threads/topics that are of a mature, Christian nature. Gareb please start one and post the link here. Thanks. :thumbsup:

5. tulc

+18,396
    Christian
    Married
    Good thing I wasn't arguing then. :wave:
    tulc(didn't think he had to defend anything) :sorry:

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

+389
    Baptist
    Single
    Hang tight Gareb. You just got here. ;) Like most sites, you learn who to deal with and who to just kinda shrug your shoulders at.

welcome by the way.:)

7. Grannie Annie

Grannie Annie Guest

+0
    With a statement like that you're not going to make too many friends here mate. None of us are perfect, none of us profess to be anything you say you want in a forum. If you don't like us....fine...keep searching the net. Maybe you should start up your own little forum with the qualities that you want in it.....though you might find you have a membership of just... one !! Good luck !!

8. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender Well-Known Member

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    What did you expect? This forum, like other forums is made up of (AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!) ...

... people!

9. DesertScroll

DesertScroll Member

+1
    Baptist
    Married
    You have a right to be disappointed.

The people who run this site have allowed error to mix with truth. They have allowed stumbling blocks (Matt 18:7). They will be held accountable.

All you can do is point to truth through scripture (2 Tim 3:16).

There is a lot of pointing to the world and pointing to the flesh instead of scripture.

There are however some great Christians here. Whether that is enough for what God has put into your heart to search for, will be for you to pray about.

10. tulc

+18,396
    Christian
    Married
    About the bolded portion: who gets to decide which particular Christians beliefs are "truth" and which ones are "error"? :scratch:
    tulc(is just curious) :wave:

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

+389
    Baptist
    Single
    :clap: I've said it several times that this board has become a tool of the devil the way that all this unBiblical stuff is allowed to be put forth as though it's the truth.

If folks are not gonna give truth that aligns itself with God's word, the board needs to either shut down or take the name of Christ out of its banner.

12. DesertScroll

DesertScroll Member

+1
    Baptist
    Married
    The scripture does. Just as the scripture I pointed to says:

"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be equipped for every good work." 2 Tim 3:16.17

If a "belief" contradicts what is written... it is in error. Obviously scripture thinks that this is possible as it tells us to do so; its one of the things scripture is good for :thumbsup:

Just as one can tell a wolf in sheep's clothing; a true Christian from a false one (Matt &;15,20).

13. Contented

Contented Newbie

+18
    Christian
    Private
    I agree with you, those are my sentiments and I have voiced my concerns to management too.

14. dysert

dysert Member

+2,206
    Christian
    Married
    Many years ago I belonged to another Christian forum. It was run by Christians, generally contributed to by Christians, but allowed non-Christians membership. It was similar to this one. Mature believers, new believers, lost sinners, saved sinners, intellectuals, those with strong faith, those with little faith, etc.

All organizations (including clubs, "small groups", churches) are made up of people, and all people are flawed. We can still be edified and still lift up others despite our flaws. Even the Twelve were flawed, but Jesus still hung around with them.

I hope you'll stick around. I think you'll find some folks that you like interacting with and some folks you want to steer clear of. Like anything else, separate what you consider to be wheat from chaff and get/give what you can.

15. Respecthelect

Respecthelect Elder

+22
    Christian
    Single
    I think this forum is almost the perfect implementation of the "marketplace of ideas." I welcome the best argument from the liberal, left, satanists, because if our Christian ideas can't carry the day here, how will they fare in the broader world? The battleground is here, on this forum. What we say here is weighed and measured.

It may seem like there are only a few hundred of us, but pastors and preachers read these forums and use the results of these issue-driven topics to make better, more timely sermons. The word gets out. The light overcomes the darkness on these forums. Burke said, "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to remain silent." The silence ends on these forums. Satan cowers at the mere word. The words come from this forum.

As we all know, scripture can and will be twisted to achieve any outcome. This forum squeezes truth out of those who would twist scripture and it's done for all to see. I applaud those who support, manage and run this forum. I appreciate the (mostly) uncensored free exchange of ideas.

To the OP - if you don't feel your getting both sides here (the Christian side not given by the mainstream media), where else can one go? Who offers a better forum of ideas? Huffington, who censors almost every Christian word? Who else allows God's words to freely flow? Satan's words can be found anywhere (and everywhere), but who grinds through every detail and makes sure a solid Christian position is available on almost every daily news topic? The battleground has many bodies strewn and it can be an ugly mess, but at the end of the battle, forged truth remains. It's all right here, on this forum.

16. WinBySurrender

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Question to all of you so critical of CF:

How come y'all still here?

17. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    They seem to be very um... open... to interpretation on things that... don't make sense... perhaps is the best way to put it.

18. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Because wanting to improve something and pointing out its flaws isn't the same as condemning it and hating it?

19. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    ok, I get the message, it's my fault, I'm leaving. :(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx NOT! I was only playing!^_^

p.s.....but I will try to do better :)

20. WinBySurrender

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    You can't improve something by sitting around griping. You improve it by getting involved and doing something. Be a mod, a counselor in the help forums, do something. Griping never achieved anything.