I am curious how Pentecostals address Islam???

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Anything outside of these boundaries, which include those without a faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, are not Christian. I am Pentecostal Holiness and consider our sisters denominations, Assembly of God, Church of God, Congregational Holiness, Wesleyan Pentecostal.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. - Revelation 3:12

My personal worries are in our congregations ability to go out of the temple and out of revival. That fear is greater than competition from other groups.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Anything outside of these boundaries, which include those without a faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, are not Christian. I am Pentecostal Holiness and consider our sisters denominations, Assembly of God, Church of God, Congregational Holiness, Wesleyan Pentecostal.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. - Revelation 3:12

My personal worries are in our congregations ability to go out of the temple and out of revival. That fear is greater than competition from other groups.

I do not understand your post.

Upvote 0

RevCharlesG

Dec 16, 2017
Lansing
✟9,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
How do you all handle additional revelations since Mohammad claims to be a prophet. Why should not the koran be added to scriptures?
Weeeeellllllll....considering how the Koran is all about earning your salvation through works and violence and JESUS, is more than just a prophet and He is the SON of God. Jesus says we are saved by faith in him and his resurrection. and that he is the only way to receive salvation. I would say that Mohammed lied to you. and that allah is not God, not even close.

Salvation is not earned through works but through the power of Christ and his finished work on the cross.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Weeeeellllllll....considering how the Koran is all about earning your salvation through works and violence and JESUS, is more than just a prophet and He is the SON of God. Jesus says we are saved by faith in him and his resurrection. and that he is the only way to receive salvation. I would say that Mohammed lied to you. and that allah is not God, not even close.

Salvation is not earned through works but through the power of Christ and his finished work on the cross.

Why do Christians use Allah as a word for God?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How do you all handle additional revelations since Mohammad claims to be a prophet. Why should not the koran be added to scriptures?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
they don't. never heard that and ive been a Christian all my life

simply google "Christians use Allah" there are even churches being burnt down because they do.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The term Allah (Arabic: الله, Allāh) is the standard Arabic word for God and is most likely derived from a contraction of the Arabic article al- and ilāh, which means "deity or god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God." There is another theory that traces the etymology of the word to the Aramaic Alāhā.

Today's Arabic speakers from all religious backgrounds (Muslims, Christians, and Jews) use the word Allah to mean God. In pre-Islamic Arabia, pagan Meccans used Allah as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.

The first-known translation of the Bible into Arabic, which took place in the 9th century, uses the word Allah for God (1). In fact, Arab Christians were using the word Allah for God prior to the dawn of Islam, and it is important to note that they were using it in place of Elohim, but not in place of Yahweh. That means Allah is a generic word for God, but not the personal name of God. (Radical Muslims in the West claim that Allah, not Yahweh or any other Bible name, is the name of the one true God.)

As an example closer to home, Christians and non-Christians alike use the word God in English, but that does not make the God of the Bible the same as the god of the Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, or others. Another example is that when irreverent people use the expression “Oh my God!” in their day-to-day communications, they are not referring to the God of the Bible when they invoke that term.

When the prophet of Islam started his ministry in Mecca, he considered at one point uniting the Arabs under a different name for God. His favorite was Al-Rahman but he chose Allah to name his god. After the spread of Islam in the Middle East, Arab Christians continued to use word Allah since it did not have any negative connotations to them personally. Once again, it is important to understand that both before and after Muhammad, the Allah of the Arabs was not the Allah of the Arab Christians.
The word Allah and Islam - Arabic Bible Outreach Ministry

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
allahs means "the god", not just "god"

The site I quoted from are Arabic speakers.

If you google define allah, one site says "the god" another says "god" and another says the Supreme Being; God.

"The Arabic word Allah comes from al-ilah, "the god". The word Allah was in use among the people of Mecca before Mohammed announced his message to them. It is found in pre-Islamic poetry and in ancient inscriptions in Arabia. It was used by Christians as their term for God long before Mohammed was born." The Christians who call God 'Allah'

So, what difference does the "i" in alilah make? vs allah????

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am curious how Pentecostals address Islam???

Islam is not compatible with Christianity. This is how Christianity, not just Pentecostals, address Islam as a faith. It is no different than any other faith that rejects Christ as fully God and fully human and which rejects His crucifixion, burial and resurrection bodily. Muhammad was not a prophet of Jehovah and certainly not of Christ. Christ is rejected as God outright by Islamics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 1, 2020
Georgetown
✟15,401.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
While I am not a Pentecostal, I believe that this could be answered by a standard Christian answer. We should treat them like any other non-believer.

Koran is not part of Scripture because it is not inspired by God. Also if it was scripture it would contradict vast amounts of the Bible, including the most important parts such as Jesus' role as part of the Godhead.

I do know an Iraqi Christian who will at times refer to God as Allah, because that is the Arabic word for God.

Allah is the Muslims misunderstanding of God. He is of course based on God, however much of his nature is not found in Islam.

Upvote 0