Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I said: I don't expect anything. I am not "hardened" against you or your faith, and if God or Jesus or you want to talk to me, I am very willing to listen and respond.
I am a good listener as well, so if you want to chat with me feel free to start a conversation...I just viewed your profile so I see you are German...my grandmother's parents came from Germany...can't remember what part....last name is Proviance in Germany but was changed to Provine in the US...

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,569.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I look at prophecy as speaking Gods Truth so any and every believer can and ideally should be doing that or striving to do that with wisdom from the Lord and with Gods grace in everyday situations.
I am not against prophecy but i genuinely dont see it as a position of prophet in the church today as it was set up by God in the old testament.
Pretty much all my experiences of modern day 'prophets' in churches picking people out of the crowd etc and 'prophesying' have been in my opinion manipulative with peoples emotions in a negative sense.
I had one woman in a small group setting who thinks she operates in the gift of prophesy tell the leader she had a prophesy for me if i was ok with her giving it to me. I said ok to the leader but said to the woman that it had better be from God because i had had many prophesies over my life that werent from God and she would be calling the judgment of God upon herself if it was not God. When i said that i could see her mind ticking over and almost backtracking so her prophesy then for me was to read the Bible. Its kinda laughable.
Sigh... she could have just asked me how my Bible reading was going and encouraged me to keep reading Gods Word but no she had to try and make it some super spiritual seeming event.
As i say i dont have anything against prophesy but i truely wonder if it is a relevant office in our churches today, i mean just be normal and encourage people in their lives and walks with God in everyday life it doesnt have to be weird.

• Prayers
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No offense to people who think they are prophetic but its more useful to go to someone who is wise (word of wisdom gift i guess) to help in your life.
I agree...but like I said in 33 years I can count on 1 hand the number of "prophesies" He has given through me...the rest are just words of encouragement, wisdom and knowledge.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No offense
Thank you.....lol....this is exactly why I started this thread...God was dealing with me about the spirit of offense....especially when others came along rebuking and denying prophets and prophesy...calling me a false prophet and so forth...I got very offended and angry...so I had to take a break, seek Him and I said so what should I do? He said love them...just love them.
I had to test that that spirit of offense was defeated so when the same oh same oh showed up not once did I feel offended.
So God Bless! and thanks!

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,569.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
May i ask a question what would you do as a prophet if you saw another person who said they were prophetic who was obviously using emotional manipulation speaking what anyone could see is not God over others.
Eg a visiting 'prophet'.

One of the only 'prophet' type persons i've found helpful was one that called out another person on wrong teaching in a small group i was in. It was excellent that he did that. But again i would call that discernment rather than prophetic really.

What would your response be?

Thank you.....lol....this is exactly why I started this thread...God was dealing with me about the spirit of offense....especially when others came along rebuking and denying prophets and prophesy...calling me a false prophet and so forth...I got very offended and angry...so I had to take a break, seek Him and I said so what should I do? He said love them...just love them.
I had to test that that spirit of offense was defeated so when the same oh same oh showed up not once did I feel offended.
So God Bless! and thanks!

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If one was to give a false prophecy they should be called out.....I haven't given any prophesies so to be called one because I state that I am called to prophesy is a bit presumptuous. But I can't control how others react to that statement or whether their beliefs are contrary to modern prophets. This forum is full of people with different beliefs...for those who know me personally in my church they would confirm it.
Since the rules prohibit any prophesy then there is no way to let that calling operate...except to speak privately. What I found surprising is when I spoke a word of knowledge they called it prophesy.? There seems to be a lot of ignorance in this area of the ministry.
Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,569.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes i am called to prophesy also (ie. Speak Gods Truth as are all believers) but i am not a prophet nor do i put that mantle on any of the so called modern day prophets i have come across over the years. They might call themselves prophets but really...no. I have yet to find a prophet actually in this modern time. Perhaps it is true that when love comes prophesy did cease.... i'm still not sure on that yet.
What do you prophecy about?

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes i am called to prophesy also (ie. Speak Gods Truth as are all believers) but i am not a prophet nor do i put that mantle on any of the so called modern day prophets i have come across over the years. They might call themselves prophets but really...no. I have yet to find a prophet actually in this modern time. Perhaps it is true that when love comes prophesy did cease.... i'm still not sure on that yet.
What do you prophecy about?
It was a personal prophesy 3 times the prophesies were about personal sin and the consequences that were coming if they didn't repent. 1 was about a company that was heading to bankruptcy. 1 was to give direction. That's been about it. The first one was a sad one because that person's sin would lead to his death if he didn't repent and turn away....he sadly passed away a year later but I didn't find that out til 5 years later...also that was the very 1st time I was used to speak that type of word to anyone and it upset me and I told God not to use me like that again.....and he didn't use me for 10 years. I grew a lot during that time and received a lot of mentoring and training.
So I pray peace and joy for you....I am going to leave CF for awhile...i spend way too much time here and He told me to put it aside and spend more time with Him. Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The first one was a sad one because that person's sin would lead to his death if he didn't repent and turn away....he sadly passed away a year later but I didn't find that out til 5 years later...
This is exactly what divining spirits do. It's the same thing with fortune tellers. They speak negative words over others, to put curses on them. And believing in the prophecy allows it to happen. It's extremely dangerous. Accepting a word like that opens doors to the enemy.

And when you then teach people to pick up prophecy from the "spirit realm" that is exactly the type of spirit they will receive. It is sorcery, and it's not the Holy Spirit. His Spirit exhorts and encourages, heals and brings people closer to Christ. It speaks Truth from Scripture, to show God's Glory. He does not speak negative words over people's lives or threaten with death.

Deuteronomy 13

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is exactly what divining spirits do. It's the same thing with fortune tellers. They speak negative words over others, to put curses on them. And believing in the prophecy allows it to happen. It's extremely dangerous. Accepting a word like that opens doors to the enemy.

And when you then teach people to pick up prophecy from the "spirit realm" that is exactly the type of spirit they will receive. It is sorcery, and it's not the Holy Spirit. His Spirit exhorts and encourages, heals and brings people closer to Christ. It speaks Truth from Scripture, to show God's Glory. He does not speak negative words over people's lives or threaten with death.

Deuteronomy 13
Emli, I pray for you and love you in Christ, but you have harbored anger and resentment even in spite of the fact that I obeyed the Holy Spirit to humble myself and apologize for any offense. Not one time did you receive any prophetic word from me only scriptures and questions regarding your comment that the Archangel Michael taught you warfare. I haven't ever met anyone who had that experience and I wanted more information....
When did i ever say I pick up prophesy from the spirit realm....I said an evangelist I knew would fast for 40 days and during that time he would see things in the spirit realm...I would like to experience that myself.
There are many scriptures in the Bible that warnings were given and even death...example the prophet Jonah being sent to warn Ninevah that God was going to destroy them because of their sin. Sodom and Gomorrah....another example.....Jesus gave several prophetic warnings.... I won't list them all.
Now, I have respectfully kept away from corresponding with you because I don't want to be an offense to you. I have no ill will for you and I do pray you can let go of that anger and bitterness.
God Bless

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Emli, I pray for you and love you in Christ, but you have harbored anger and resentment even in spite of the fact that I obeyed the Holy Spirit to humble myself and apologize for any offense. Not one time did you receive any prophetic word from me only scriptures and questions regarding your comment that the Archangel Michael taught you warfare. I haven't ever met anyone who had that experience and I wanted more information....
When did i ever say I pick up prophesy from the spirit realm....I said an evangelist I knew would fast for 40 days and during that time he would see things in the spirit realm...I would like to experience that myself.
There are many scriptures in the Bible that warnings were given and even death...example the prophet Jonah being sent to warn Ninevah that God was going to destroy them because of their sin. Sodom and Gomorrah....another example.....Jesus gave several prophetic warnings.... I won't list them all.
Now, I have respectfully kept away from corresponding with you because I don't want to be an offense to you. I have no ill will for you and I do pray you can let go of that anger and bitterness.
God Bless
I am not harbouring any resentment towards you. None at all. I have been praying for you. I'm simply speaking the words that God is giving me. You have no idea how much He is encouraging me to speak them too, because it's really difficult for me to have the courage. But it's to save His children from listening to the wrong spirits.

In a previous post in this thread, you wrote that prophecy means to experience the spirit realm. That is so very, very wrong, and it tempts people to listen to deceitful spirits.
Why would you even want to experience and see things in the spirit realm? That is Satan's domain. Fasting for that purpose is what Eastern religions do. I've done that, and it is a horrible offense to the Lord as it is sorcery.

Fasting is supposed to make us sober-minded and humble before the Lord, to help us become free from sin and from evil, not to invite them.

Listen to the Holy Spirit instead, and experience God! God speaks to His Children from Heaven through the Holy Spirit, to glorify Himself and His Son. Saying anything else is false teachings.

The Bible tells us to expose the deeds of darkness as well as false prophecy and false teachings, and that is simply what I am doing.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In a previous post in this thread, you wrote that prophecy means to experience the spirit realm. That is so very, very wrong, and it tempts people to listen to deceitful spirits.
Would you find that post and show that to me again?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
that is a good question....prophecy doesn't change the Word of God but rather it applies it to individuals for whatever it is that God wants to speak to them about....
Visions are different....if you get a prophetic vision then you can see things in the spirit realm...when you share it...either you or another will interpret it....but it will always line up with His Word and it will be a confirmation in that person's life as well....

I have had times when I couldn't hear from God accurately because I was under so much stress and just couldn't quiet my own mind down enough to hear Him.....sometimes God would cross my path with someone who would say just what I needed to hear...

If you have never been in that situation then you are blessed....but many of us have found ourselves in need of a word from God to give a direction or instruction on what to do in a situation....(like when my husband died....I didn't know how to handle the estate....he didn't leave a will but he had said if I die i want so and so to have this and etc....but he excluded one son who he didn't want to get anything.....so I needed to hear from God..but in my grief I couldn't even pray...but He sent a person who spoke to me telling me that God had given them a word about such and such...) anyway, it confirmed what I felt I should do, lined up with His Word and most importantly it was timely and the end result was accurate and a blessing.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not harbouring any resentment towards you. None at all. I have been praying for you. I'm simply speaking the words that God is giving me. You have no idea how much He is encouraging me to speak them too, because it's really difficult for me to have the courage. But it's to save His children from listening to the wrong spirits.

Why would you even want to experience and see things in the spirit realm? That is Satan's domain. Fasting for that purpose is what Eastern religions do. I've done that, and it is a horrible offense to the Lord as it is sorcery.

Fasting is supposed to make us sober-minded and humble before the Lord, to help us become free from sin and from evil, not to invite them.

Listen to the Holy Spirit instead, and experience God! God speaks to His Children from Heaven through the Holy Spirit, to glorify Himself and His Son. Saying anything else is false teachings.

The Bible tells us to expose the deeds of darkness as well as false prophecy and false teachings, and that is simply what I am doing.
Okay, thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Listen to the Holy Spirit instead, and experience God!
I am sure he believes he is listening to the holy spirit. Just like you think you are. Problem is everyone thinks their holy spirit is right and everyone else's is wrong. And then they think God has somehow told them to expose everyone who does not believe as they do.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
okay, visions...well where was Peter caught up when he had the vision of all the various meats that was acceptable to eat, where was John when the angel gave him the little scroll that he ate.....the spirit realm....
Emli, have a blessed day...and thank you for sharing your beliefs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.