I am called to Prophesy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have mostly studied under Lester Sumrall
I was friends with his grandson Lester Leonard Sumrall.
the church I attended and grew up in was a Pentecostal but they didn't train in this area....beats me as to why not...
Most classic pentecostal churches only dealt in tongues, interpretation and healing. the other gifts seemed to be pushed to the back burner.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I apologize for having bothered you.

Miracles and a drawing from the Holy Spirit and experiencing supernatural love and healing and greater things than even Jesus did and joy and patience and....

... and I ask a simple question and get "read the book".

Perhaps if you were really convinced of all this mighty moving that the Holy Spirit call you to, of all these "fruits" and "miracles"... you could come up with something a little more compelling than "read the book" and "study".

I know that all what you posted here might sound really impressive to you believers... but you really should consider how it sounds to those you suppose to "minister" to.

I do understand your frustration....but how can I explain it to someone who hasn't already read it in the Bible...surely you know that a miracle is something that happens supernaturally without any help from science or doctors or worldly means.....
supernatural- that is the power of God manifesting through the physical realm...super (great, mighty, exceedingly powerful) natural (without modification).....
Drawing from the Holy Spirit- this occurs when someone is ready to be ministered to in one way or another...such as when someone wants to get saved....or when someone feels in their inner person that they need to do something (example go check on a neighbor)...it is a feeling that is strong and powerful enough that you feel compelled to listen to it and act upon it....(some have ignored it and regretted it but it is a choice for God does not go against our free will).
Supernatural love is also known as Agape Love...this is unconditional love...people rarely are able to walk in unconditional love towards one another....but His love is supernatural...He loves us in spite of ourselves....even when we curse Him...He loves us....etc...
Fruits of the Spirit is a phrase to describe what a person exhibits when they are filled with the Holy Spirit and are led of Him.....the fruits are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. (this is how you know if a person is filled with the Holy Spirit and are walking in the truth what they are taught in the Word of God.)

Okay so I have given you the meanings based on the teachings of God's Word....do you want to ask Jesus into your heart? You made the comment "sound impressive to YOU believers...were you excluding yourself? In any case I would love to help you more.. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was friends with his grandson Lester Leonard Sumrall.
Oh wow, you are blessed! I would love to have followed him around the world and learned from him....Lester Sumrall is one of the best teachers of the Word I have ever listened to. I still go to youtube and get refreshers on his teachings....is his grandson anything like him?

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you hv any proven records of prophecies ?
Yes...I do. But those are between God and the person who received it.....kind of like HIPPA laws....so I don't share with others what was for a certain individual....now as far as world prophecies...not my area...my calling is to individuals that God sends to me or vice versa.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
is his grandson anything like him?
To a degree. But he distanced himself from his own dad and uncle (who got into a fight over Lester senior's ministry assets). Lester Leonard was in the process of becoming his own man, apart from the legacy of his grandfather.

Lester senior was a true pioneer, and as such flew a lot by the seat of his pants, and often had little doctrinal structure to guide him. That situation changed a lot from the 1930s to the 1980s and 90s. Lester Leonard did not have that pioneer mentality his granddad did.

You can decide for yourself if that is good or bad.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To a degree. But he distanced himself from his own dad and uncle (who got into a fight over Lester senior's ministry assets). Lester Leonard was in the process of becoming his own man, apart from the legacy of his grandfather.
I have seen such a drastic decline in the once world known and respected ministries after they pass on....I guess the mantle can't be passed on through inheritance....lol...seriously though you would think the sons and daughters would be the ones to receive his mantle and continue to carry that same message, same anointing...etc...sad....the ministry became so financially prosperous that greed consumed them...

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the past God sent someone to speak His words to me. What does God have to say to me today in regards to what He spoke before?
that is a good question....prophecy doesn't change the Word of God but rather it applies it to individuals for whatever it is that God wants to speak to them about....
Visions are different....if you get a prophetic vision then you can see things in the spirit realm...when you share it...either you or another will interpret it....but it will always line up with His Word and it will be a confirmation in that person's life as well....

I have had times when I couldn't hear from God accurately because I was under so much stress and just couldn't quiet my own mind down enough to hear Him.....sometimes God would cross my path with someone who would say just what I needed to hear...

If you have never been in that situation then you are blessed....but many of us have found ourselves in need of a word from God to give a direction or instruction on what to do in a situation....(like when my husband died....I didn't know how to handle the estate....he didn't leave a will but he had said if I die i want so and so to have this and etc....but he excluded one son who he didn't want to get anything.....so I needed to hear from God..but in my grief I couldn't even pray...but He sent a person who spoke to me telling me that God had given them a word about such and such...) anyway, it confirmed what I felt I should do, lined up with His Word and most importantly it was timely and the end result was accurate and a blessing.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that is a good question....prophecy doesn't change the Word of God but rather it applies it to individuals for whatever it is that God wants to speak to them about....
Visions are different....if you get a prophetic vision then you can see things in the spirit realm...when you share it...either you or another will interpret it....but it will always line up with His Word and it will be a confirmation in that person's life as well....

I have had times when I couldn't hear from God accurately because I was under so much stress and just couldn't quiet my own mind down enough to hear Him.....sometimes God would cross my path with someone who would say just what I needed to hear...

If you have never been in that situation then you are blessed....but many of us have found ourselves in need of a word from God to give a direction or instruction on what to do in a situation....(like when my husband died....I didn't know how to handle the estate....he didn't leave a will but he had said if I die i want so and so to have this and etc....but he excluded one son who he didn't want to get anything.....so I needed to hear from God..but in my grief I couldn't even pray...but He sent a person who spoke to me telling me that God had given them a word about such and such...) anyway, it confirmed what I felt I should do, lined up with His Word and most importantly it was timely and the end result was accurate and a blessing.

I think a better word is needed for this rather than Prophet. A prophet speaks new scripture. This kind of sounds like a word of knowledge. The stranger that approached me in the past had a word of knowledge and she was restless until she spoke it but she wouldn't be a prophet in the classical sense because she couldn't pronounce scripture.

If a word of knowledge happens to you send me a PM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think a better word is needed for this rather than Prophet. A prophet speaks new scripture. This kind of sounds like a word of knowledge. The stranger that approached me in the past had a word of knowledge and she was restless until she spoke it but she wouldn't be a prophet in the classical sense because she couldn't pronounce scripture.

If that happens to you send me a PM.
Sorry, Sanoy, I just don't want to get into prophesying on the forum...too much controversy over this topic.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, Sanoy, I just don't want to get into prophesying on the forum...too much controversy over this topic.
PM's are private. There is no controversy because no one else will see it. I already believe people have words of knowledge so I won't bring in any controversy.

That said don't casually PM with a word of knowledge, only do it if you can't not do it. That is a standing invitation to anyone that comes accross this at anytime should they have a word of knowledge regarding that prior message.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I do understand your frustration....but how can I explain it to someone who hasn't already read it in the Bible...surely you know that a miracle is something that happens supernaturally without any help from science or doctors or worldly means.....
supernatural- that is the power of God manifesting through the physical realm...super (great, mighty, exceedingly powerful) natural (without modification).....
Drawing from the Holy Spirit- this occurs when someone is ready to be ministered to in one way or another...such as when someone wants to get saved....or when someone feels in their inner person that they need to do something (example go check on a neighbor)...it is a feeling that is strong and powerful enough that you feel compelled to listen to it and act upon it....(some have ignored it and regretted it but it is a choice for God does not go against our free will).
Supernatural love is also known as Agape Love...this is unconditional love...people rarely are able to walk in unconditional love towards one another....but His love is supernatural...He loves us in spite of ourselves....even when we curse Him...He loves us....etc...
Fruits of the Spirit is a phrase to describe what a person exhibits when they are filled with the Holy Spirit and are led of Him.....the fruits are love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. (this is how you know if a person is filled with the Holy Spirit and are walking in the truth what they are taught in the Word of God.)
No, I fear you don't understand me, or my frustration. ;) That's the basic problem. You would assume that someone who talks about "minister[ing] to the needs of the lost [...] by the anointing and power of the Holy Spirit through them" would show a little more understanding. Perhaps even some higher, "supernatural" understanding.

But as I see it, you are just a human, without any supernatural guidance, without any power or anointing. I don't blame you. In fact, I don't expect anything from you, except a tiny degree of truthfulness.

It might surprise you, but I did read the Bible. Even Matthew. And while he likes to talk about fulfilled words of the prophets, he doesn't deign to give any definition that I could connect with your words.

You didn't have any problems to explain these other concepts. Agape love, drawing by the spirit, fruits of the spirit. All quite common Christian concepts... though it is always good to ask, because not all Christians use it in the same way.

Yet you were - and still are - quite reluctant to explain this "prophecy" idea to me.

Okay so I have given you the meanings based on the teachings of God's Word....do you want to ask Jesus into your heart? You made the comment "sound impressive to YOU believers...were you excluding yourself?
I don't feel any "drawing" by spirits or Jesus or God... I have been an atheist for about all my life now, and I don't see this changing.

In any case I would love to help you more.. God Bless.
That's the interesting point. You are the one that God Himself has "called to prophecy". You are the one who talks about "ministring to the lost".

Shouldn't you be the one to know how to help me?

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I fear you don't understand me, or my frustration. ;) That's the basic problem. You would assume that someone who talks about "minister[ing] to the needs of the lost [...] by the anointing and power of the Holy Spirit through them" would show a little more understanding. Perhaps even some higher, "supernatural" understanding.

But as I see it, you are just a human, without any supernatural guidance, without any power or anointing. I don't blame you. In fact, I don't expect anything from you, except a tiny degree of truthfulness.

It might surprise you, but I did read the Bible. Even Matthew. And while he likes to talk about fulfilled words of the prophets, he doesn't deign to give any definition that I could connect with your words.

You didn't have any problems to explain these other concepts. Agape love, drawing by the spirit, fruits of the spirit. All quite usual Christian concepts... though it is always good to ask, because not all Christians use it in the same way.

Yet you were - and still are - quite reluctant to explain this "prophecy" idea to me.

I don't feel any "drawing" by spirits or Jesus or God... I have been an atheist for about all my life now, and I don't see this changing.

That's the interesting point. You are the one that God Himself has "called to prophecy". You are the one who talks about "ministring to the lost".

Shouldn't you be the one to know how to help me?
Since we aren't allowed to use prophecy on the forums I am very limited to how I can answer you. Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Since we aren't allowed to use prophecy on the forums I am very limited to how I can answer you. Have a blessed day.

"...surely you know that a miracle is something that happens supernaturally without any help from science or doctors or worldly means.....
supernatural- that is the power of God manifesting through the physical realm...super (great, mighty, exceedingly powerful) natural (without modification)..."

But you cannot relate that, because of how you interprete the rules of this forum. That is limited indeed. As Sanoy said, there's always private messages / conversations, which are unsupervised. I would love to hear from you, and to know how you could specifically help me.

As I said: I don't expect anything. I am not "hardened" against you or your faith, and if God or Jesus or you want to talk to me, I am very willing to listen and respond.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So why come here and declare you are a prophet? What benefit is that to us or you?
I am here to answer any questions people may have about the prophetic gifts...and to make a public statement of what God has called me to do. I just don't want to hide anymore for fear of rebuke. It isn't my intent to debate...the main purpose i suppose was to allow God to teach me to not be moved by the comments and rebuke of others beliefs or unbelief's and to continue to walk in love regardless....

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
<Staff Edit>
That may be what you have been taught and your beliefs are common as well as the beliefs of those who have been taught that they do exist....we will all know the someday. God Bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.