• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am Bipolar Type 1.

Forgiven_Ent

Sep 23, 2018
Ohio
✟16,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the hardest thing I have ever had to endure in my own life. Medication was torture until I finally found the right the combination of the right stuff. I am faithful to take my meds every day. There is so much, so deep, and so dark content that it's hard for me to write it down. But to those who suffer, may we suffer together. Eventually I will keep adding to this post, I think, revealing more story as I am able. Feel free to ask questions.

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is the hardest thing I have ever had to endure in my own life. Medication was torture until I finally found the right the combination of the right stuff. I am faithful to take my meds every day. There is so much, so deep, and so dark content that it's hard for me to write it down. But to those who suffer, may we suffer together. Eventually I will keep adding to this post, I think, revealing more story as I am able. Feel free to ask questions.
I will be praying for you. I have it too and I suffer so much with manic attacks that come and go. It causes me deep anxiety. I haven't found the right medications yet, but I'm thankful you have!

Upvote 0

humblescribe

May 19, 2016
VT
✟15,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's like Space Balls 2 the search for more meds. I have bipolar as well. It sucks. My medication is designed to keep the mania at bay and anti depressants can cause mania. I tend to go through cycles of depression with a little bit of normal mood in between each wave. It's good to know God is in complete control of my life. I'm learning to enjoy every thing he loans to me. A bad mania can kill a marriage, rip kids away, destroy friendships and push family away permanently. All of which have happened to me. Every time it happens though, God pieces a life together for me. Life comes and goes but He remains the same. Just enjoy what he has for you when he has it for you.

Upvote 0