Croatia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
A saved person says, "I am as righteous as Jesus."

Truth or blasphemy?

I have question for you first.
Do you belive that you are saved? Do you belive that Jesus dyied to save you? If yes you are saved. Right? So who you think is more valuable to God? One saved pearson or the second saved pearson? Both the same. Saved at same way and same valuable to Him. Valuable more than anything in world.

If you have two childs, who would you love more? Even if you do love one more, God created us all like we are and love is all equally.

Also, we all have consience. That is by God in us, right?

So depends on your view, on one hand we are all righteous as long as we follow it.

Jesus alone sayed that we should not judge anyone. So you couldn't know but only 2 pearsons who lived in this world according to Bible without sins are Jesus and His mother Maria.

So decide by yourself :)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Truth.

"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:21

Yes, I was going to say that.

"1Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." ~ Romans 10:1-4

"6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
"7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" ~ Philippians 3: 6-9

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you belive that you are saved? Do you belive that Jesus dyied to save you? If yes you are saved. Right? So who you think is more valuable to God? One saved pearson or the second saved pearson? Both the same. Saved at same way and same valuable to Him. Valuable more than anything in world.

If you have two childs, who would you love more? Even if you do love one more, God created us all like we are and love is all equally.

So depends on your view, on one hand we are all righteous as long as we follow it.

Jesus alone sayed that we should not judge anyone. So you couldn't know but only 2 pearsons who lived in this world according to Bible without sins are Jesus and His mother Maria.

Hi, and welcome to our site.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Uh...okay.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you think your righteousness is based in part on what you do?

Yes. We are saved by responding (i.e. taking action) to God's grace by asking Jesus to forgive us of our sins and for Jesus to come into our life and by believing that He died for our sins and was risen 3 days later on our behalf. This is a part of having faith in God's Word. But faith does not stop there. We also have to continue in the faith by obeying God's commands in the New Testament, as well. Just as Noah obeyed God's command as a part of His faith in God, you also have to obey God as a part of your faith in the Lord. For we are not our own, but we are bought and paid for with a price.

Now, it is true that we are Initially Saved and or Ultimately Saved by Christ's death and resurrection and by our having faith in what He has done for us on our behalf. For if a person sins, they do not get clean by doing a good work, but by asking Jesus to forgive them and by their continued trust in what He has done for us. But salvation is more than just our believing in Jesus alone for salvation. Jesus is the very source of eternal life. No man can come unto the Father, except through Jesus Christ (John 14:6). So we have to continue to abide in Christ in order to have life or salvation. For 1 John 5:12 says, "he that has the Son has life and he that does not have the Son does not have life." But if Christ lives in a person, then good fruit and not bad fruit will be evident in their life. 1 John 3:10 says, "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 John 2:4 says, "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

The true imputation of Jesus Christ to a person's life is told to us in 1 John 1:7.

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:7).

Walking in the light is the same as keeping His commandments.

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments." (1 John 2:3).

Was this circumcision or the Old Law that Paul talked about? No.
Hebrews 7:12 says the law has changed. So we obey the eternal moral laws and the commands in the New Covenant. God's eternal moral laws existed even before the written law. We know the world was destroyed by a global flood because men were wicked. The Scriptures says that the flood was an example to all who should live ungodly thereafter (2 Peter 2:5-6). So if one is living ungodly, it does not matter if they have a belief on Jesus as their Savior or not. Things are not going to end up well for them.

"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." (Matthew 25:23).

Matt 25:41 "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Matt 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Matt 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not." (Matthew 25:41-43).​

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." (1 John 4:8).

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith." (Hebrews 11:7).

The greatest of all commands is to love God (Matthew 22:37-38).

Jesus says, "...but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17).

Jesus is God, and Jesus says,

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15).

"If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha." (1 Corinthians 16:22).

Jesus says if we love Him, we will keep His commandments.
This is the way Jesus desires us to love Him (according to His Word).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Truth or blasphemy?

Blasphemy. Here is why.

Jesus was manifested to destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8).
This would be the works of the devil (i.e. sin) within your life.

For there is nothing that can tranform or changes lives more than Jesus Christ; That is why God's people preach the good news of Jesus Christ so as to be saved by Him. For Jesus has fixed up broken homes (or familes). Jesus has drawn the alcoholic away from the bottle. Jesus has helped the gambler to put down his cards and walk away from the game. Jesus has helped the drug addict from the power of the needle. Jesus has helped the harlot from being a slave to sexual sin and money. For Jesus Christ changes lives. Jesus changed my life and He continues to change lives today (Making them new creations in His image).

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Ezekiel says we will receive a new heart, a new spirit, and God will place His Spirit within us so as to cause us to keep His commandments.

Ezekiel 36:26-27
26 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

For what is the purpose or the reason Christ gave Himself for us?

Eph 5:25 "...even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;."
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish."
(Ephesians 5:25-27)

"Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2:14).​

So we see in the above two pieces of Scripture that Jesus gave Himself for us for the purpose of presenting himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish; He also gave Himself for us (the church) so that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. This would be in this life time (See 1 Peter 4:1-2 with a special focus on verse 2).

2 Corinthians 7:1 says, 'Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."

Titus 1:16 says, "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

James 2:17 says, "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

James 2:24 says, "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

Hebrews 5:9 says, "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Hebrews 12:14 says, "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (cf. 1 Thessalonians 4:3).

Jesus says, "...depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:23).
This is in context to Jesus saying that those who do not do what He says is like a fool who built his house upon the sand and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house (See Matthew 7:26-27).

John says,
7 "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil;...." (1 John 3:7-8).

John also says, "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." (John 3:20).

Jesus never encouraged us to believe and then not obey as a part of salvation.
On the contrary Jesus, Paul, and James taught against such a concept.

Jesus says,
"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God." (John 8:47) (cf. 1 John 3:8).

Paul says,
3 "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing,..." (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

James says,
"God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." (James 4:6).

James says,
"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22).

James also says,
"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." (James 1:21).

For the Scriptures say that obedience to God's Word is done so as not to blaspheme the Word of God.

1 Timothy 6:1 says,
"Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed."

Titus 2:4-5 says,
4 "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Through His (Jesus) righteousness imputed to me, yes, that is truth. Through only my own effort, absolutely not.

Try reading 1 John 1:7. It talks about the imputation of Christ's blood but it is by walking in His light (i.e. Obedience to His good ways). Compare 1 John 1:6-7 with 1 John 2:3-4.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
We are saved by responding (i.e. taking action) to God's grace

You have that backwards, which is the cause of all of your error. Your answer would also be grounds for boast, BTW.

We are saved by grace, through faith. Grace is what saves us. Faith is the point of entry.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have that backwards, which is the cause of all of your error. Your answer would also be grounds for boast, BTW.

We are saved by grace, through faith. Grace is what saves us. Faith is the point of entry.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV)

I agree that faith (without works) is the point of entry (Ephesians 2:8-9). In fact, it is how we are ultimately saved. For nobody can get clean by doing a good work but by confessing their sins to Jesus (1 John 2:1, 1 John 1:9). But faith that does not eventually produce works is also a dead kind of faith (James 2:17). For James says we are also justified by works and not by faith only (James 2:24). This would be for those individuals who live out their faith. Noah acted by obeying God in building the Ark as a part of his faith so as not to be condemned with the world.

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith." (Hebrews 11:7).

The global flood was an example to all who should live ungodly thereafter.

5 "And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;"
(2 Peter 2:5-6).

Hebrews 12:14 says without holiness no man shall see the Lord.
Titus 1:16 says you can deny God by a lack of works.
Hebrews 5:9 says Jesus is the author of eternal salvation to all who OBEY Him.
1 Timothy 6:3-4 says if any man speaks contrary to the words of Jesus and the doctrine of Godliness, he is proud and he knows nothing.
James 4:6 says God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus frees us. Jason puts us back under bondage. :doh:

His posts are rather wordy. I know. Ive read many of them. . . Although they can be tedious to read, if reduced down to their essence, I think that you have understood Jason's message clearly. What Christ has given by grace, Jason has taken away by works of the law. That's putting a fine point on it, but that is the truth of the matter.

We are saved by grace, not by works, according to Ephesians 2:8-9, but according to Jason we are merely given an opportunity to save ourselves, if we obey the law up to his standards. Not perfection, mind you, as Jason does allow for the occasional "mistake".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Truth or blasphemy?

Whatsoever is not of faith (which works by love) is sin; though they wanted to stone Jesus for a similar claim.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus frees us. Jason puts us back under bondage. :doh:

Instead of insults and one liners, try explaining at least some of the verses I had posted.

Thank you;
And may God bless you.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
His posts are rather wordy. I know. Ive read many of them. . . Although they can be tedious to read, if reduced down to their essence, I think that you have understood Jason's message clearly. What Christ has given by grace, Jason has taken away by works of the law. That's putting a fine point on it, but that is the truth of the matter.

Baseless insults aside, I had posted mostly Scripture. Reading Scripture should not be tedious for a Christian. It should be a delight. If you disagree with the verses I posted, please provide a commentary using the context to what you think they say.

As for the works of the Law: When Paul talks about the Law in general, he is usually referring to the ceremonial law like circumcision or the Old Testament Law (Which is of a different covenant). Hebrews 7:12 says the law has changed. Paul said if you seek to be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing (Galatians 5:2). Paul said what profit is there in circumcision? (Romans 3:1). So Paul was not attacking the idea of obedience to God's commands as a part of the salvation process. Paul was attacking the idea of going back to the Old Law so as to be justified.

But make no mistake, obedience to the commands in the New Testament are a necessary part of our faith.

For all men are commanded to repent now (Acts of the Apostles 17:30).
Jesus says repent or perish (Luke 13:3).
Even believing in Jesus is a commandment (1 John 3:23).
Are you not justified by obeying this commandment in 1 John 3:23?
If so, this means you are justified by keeping the Law because commandments are laws.

Also, under the New Covenant:
There is the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:2).
The Law of Christ (Galatians 6:2).
The Royal Law (James 2:8).

Jesus said if you will enter into life, keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17).
What does Jesus mean by this?

Well, Jesus says if you do not forgive then the Father will not forgive you (Matthew 6:15).
Jesus says if you look upon a woman in lust, your whole body could be cast into hell fire (Matthew 5:28-30).

You said:
We are saved by grace, not by works, according to Ephesians 2:8-9, but according to Jason we are merely given an opportunity to save ourselves, if we obey the law up to his standards. Not perfection, mind you, as Jason does allow for the occasional "mistake".

First, Paul is talking about how we are initially saved or ultimately saved in Ephesians 2:8-9. In verse 10 he says we are created unto Christ Jesus for good works. We are told that we should walk in them. Titus 2:5 says we are saved not by anything we have done by His mercy and by the washing and renewing of the Holy Ghost. If we are renewed, it will be in the way as Ezekiel 36:26-27 describes it. For it says we will be given a new heart, a new spirit, and God will place His Spirit within us so as to cause us to keep His commandments.

Second, God's laws today are not the same laws exactly as they were under the Old Covenant. Yes, there are eternal moral laws. These laws even existed before the written Law. But Paul is primarily referring to the Old Law or the ceremonial law or judicial law in the Old Testament. For Paul says in Romans 13:8-10 that by loving your neighbor you fulfill the moral law like: Do not murder, do not covet, do not steal, etc.

Three, Scripture has to be looked at as a whole. You cannot look at only those verses you prefer to see from a wrong point of view. You also have to read and believe plainly Titus 1:16, Hebrews 5:9, James 1:21-22, James 2:17, James 2:24, Ephesians 5:25-27, Titus 2:11-14, and Matthew 7:23 (cf. Matthew 7:26-27).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified.
2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?
4 Did you suffer so many things in vain-if indeed it was in vain?
5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith-
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"? - Galatians 3:1-6

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Instead of insults and one liners, try explaining at least some of the verses I had posted.

Thank you;
And may God bless you.
It's the truth. For freedom we've been set free. Your cut and paste of scripture puts us back in bondage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.