Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We must say to, well, not exactly...?

When they ask us if we are or others or people can be... Not exactly, but it's complicated... We are made such, but are not such. We are, but we are not, in and of ourselves that is, but God works through us... (ect, ect)... Complicated...

God Bless!

Thank you for your further elaboration. The complication becomes the OP itself, because what is being implied here is that a person can put themselves on PAR with Jesus. The OP in previous post even confirmed this I believe, if one will correct me if I am wrong.

The issue here is, that scripture calls Jesus Master and us his servants and that we are made his subjects. We cannot claim equality as far as us is concerned.

As soon as we make a comparison between ourselves and Jesus, we become guilty of walking after the flesh and in this respect the complication is to be carnal minded, when answering a question like this.....

A saved person says, "I am as righteous as Jesus."

This comparison unwittingly is making a proposal that we are still alive in the flesh, which creates the confusion, because this question should not even be an issue let alone allowing it to enter and to invade our thoughts.

It becomes and invites the lusts of the flesh, as Romans describes it....

16So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. (Gal 5)

So to be carnally minded is to be under the condemnation of the law.

I would answer blasphemy to the question, because the question in itself if answered true invites a carnal minded approach in comparing oneself to the Lord our master and scripture does clearly state....

30He must become greater; I must become less.”

31The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. (John 3)

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galations 2:20)

In reality to the question of the OP, if I were to make a comparison of me to Jesus, this is rendered not applicable and a mute question to begin with, because how can I make this comparison if I don't exist!

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A saved person says, "I am as righteous as Jesus."

Truth or blasphemy?
True, if they're led by the Spirit of God. "For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons (and daughters) of God." :).

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As soon as a thought enters our mind, where we are comparing ourselves to Jesus, from an equality point of view, we immediately revert to a fleshly carnal approach, that is we no longer are walking in the Spirit.

Any qualifying comparisons with Jesus is therefore Taboo, because the Holy Spirit will prevent us from such comparison entering our mind in the first place.

We are not in it for us! We are just consecrated vessels!

• Agree
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
As soon as a thought enters our mind, where we are comparing ourselves to Jesus, from an equality point of view, we immediately revert to a fleshly carnal approach, that is we no longer are walking in the Spirit.

Any qualifying comparisons with Jesus is therefore Taboo, because the Holy Spirit will prevent us from such comparison entering our mind in the first place.

We are not in it for us! We are just consecrated vessels!
Amen - Christ in me is my only hope of glory/perfection - Colossians 1:27

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13

Apart from Christ i can do nothing - John 15:5

all credit goes to Christ and none to ourselves because righteousness if of God not ourselves - Philippians 3:9 - Galatians 2:20-21

• Agree
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate all the contributions to this thread. It was certainly lively. But it's the weekend and I have no time to contribute. Plus, it's run its course. So I'm having the thread closed.

God bless. Tune in next week for another exciting discussion. :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Closed per OP request.jpg