Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,790.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many blacks, especially men, are reluctant to see a white doctor when they're sick. Apply that bit of knowledge to all black problems that you believe stem from 'systemic racism' by whites.
I'm not exactly where you want that to go.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure Puerto Ricans are still eternally grateful for the aid that Trump and his Administrations provided them after they were devastated by by a hurricane!
What does this have to do with Bumble Bee's topic?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Things have steadily improved for blacks on the whole, but these recent events threaten that progress. Advocates and activists should give that some thought. It does little good to win a battle if it costs you the war.
The problem isn't racism. It's that white people are more advanced educationally, professionally, occupationally, and financially than minorities. We've just been at it longer. It took us many generations to achieve this. Minorities are on the lower steps of the same 'wealth escalator' but they too are going up. Patience, prudence, and planning are key.
That information isn't readily available. Only income inequality figures are available. So the ball is in your court to prove me wrong.
No, racism is not the culprit.
This doesn't answer why a wealth gap exists. I don't know any two white college grads that earn the same money. For instance, it depends on what the degree is in. ie. social services versus engineering. Moreover, what you actually do with that degree.
Spending and saving are bigger factors in household wealth than earnings regardless of age.
What about cultural differences? One statistic that is more alarming to me and perhaps of greater impact on this wealth gap is the 65% of father absenteeism in black homes.
I researched this. Since Affirmative Action got millions of blacks into college many have consistently chosen, or have been directed to, course majors in social studies. The reasons are mostly academic; they are easier and provide a greater chance of obtaining a degree than the courses that require a stronger academic background. And the employment opportunities with government social services agencies are very attractive as well.

However, these jobs are near the bottom of the pay scale for college grads, once again because of the skill level involved in the jobs. This is hardly conducive to wealth building in a single generation. However it should provide the environment for the children of that generation to develop the 'rigorous' study habits needed to succeed in the more demanding, and higher paying, courses of study.
Many blacks, especially men, are reluctant to see a white doctor when they're sick. Apply that bit of knowledge to all black problems that you believe stem from 'systemic racism' by whites.
In true conservative fashion, they invent these anecdotal arguments and sweeping statements without providing any concrete data from reputable sources to support their claims - they are quick to dismiss fact based claims nut never feel compelled to produce data of their own

Apparently conservatives aren't prepared to have their assumptions challenged and either lack the skills and/or the willingness to commit the time and effort to substantiate their assertions!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In true conservative fashion, they invent these anecdotal arguments without providing any concrete data from reputable sources to support their claims!

Apparently conservatives were absent on those days when they were being taught research skills because I have yet to meet one who possesses the skills and/or willing to put forth the effort to substantiate their claims!

This is well known (or should be) by most everyone who is the least bit interested in the subject. It's just one of many 'inconvenient truths'.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
This is well known (or should be) by most everyone who is the least bit interested in the subject. It's just one of many 'inconvenient truths'.
I couldn't have made my point more eloquently than the above statement - I'm right because I said I'm right and don't confuse these "inconvenient truths" with facts!

I rest my case!

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't have made my point more eloquently than this statement - I'm right because everybody knows I'm right and don't confuse the issue with facts!

I rest my case!

This is common knowledge to anyone who seriously studies the racism issue.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
without providing any concrete data from reputable sources to support their claims

Oh, there's plenty of that. And it's been provided on past threads.

It's been years since I saw someone change their mind on a political issue based on data, though.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, you're angry because whites can't have their preferential treatment as they have had for hundreds of years. Poor you.

That won't end systemic racism. If you want to end it, learn what it is and then ask God to help each with self reflection and when we can see just how each of us has some problems with race then maybe God's Spirit can change us so that we stop judging one race differently from our own.

no, I’m angry about any preferential treatment given for anything besides qualification. Skin color is not qualification.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,790.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Black people shouldn't eschew the help white people offer them.
I don't see the majority of blacks refusing the help of whites but the same should apply in reverse. Whites shouldn't refuse the help of blacks.
It's the key to their success.
Not necessarily. In the same it may have been the key because white ran everything but there are plenty of black owned enterprises which help young blacks find opportunities which they may not get from white Americans. The key to success is to work hard and get back up if knocked down.

Working hard reaps more benefits than laziness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,790.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
no, I’m angry about any preferential treatment given for anything besides qualification.
So you're angry because whites get preferential treatment.
Skin color is not qualification.
It shouldn't be but far too many still see white as right.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the majority of blacks refusing the help of whites but the same should apply in reverse. Whites shouldn't refuse the help of blacks.

It's the minority of blacks that is of most concern.

Working hard reaps more benefits than laziness.

Especially in education.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,339.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Last night I watched a half-full arena in Tulsa filled with people who feel as you do. They see a pie that is shrinking, and they see other people eating the slices they believe are theirs. They want court decisions and presidents who will protect their pie from the people who want some of their slices.

I am a realist, and I know that wars are being fought in Africa and other third world countries over resources. In Sudan, tribes to the South invaded the north for natural resources, killing, raping, and looting and driving refugees to Darfur.

But I believe that when people think there isn't enough pie for everyone we should bake more. We should try to grow our economy and use our God-given creativity to create more opportunities for everyone.

I lived in a NYC suburb until I was 40 (spending about 7 years in NYC). When I go back to visit, I see a city that has been saved by immigrants. While most of the white people like you (and I) moved out to the suburbs, immigrants bought homes within city limits, sometimes with cash. I have a cousin in NYC who says that immigrants knock on her door offering $700K in cash for a 50 + years old home on a 30x100 lot. When my husband's aunt died, her children sold her home, a clone of Archie Bunker's All in the Family Home, for over $700K. This miracle comes from immigration. The white neighborhoods in the city outskirts are still thriving, often ethnic cities within a city--as you can see by reading the signs of the thriving businesses. The homes are just as well kept. They see opportunity and are willing to work for it.

The policies that are favored politically now have resulted in massive income inequality. The rhetoric we hear from our national leaders is divisive and limited. They think that a rising stock market means more prosperity (LOL!) They think trickle down economics actually trickles down.

Don't be afraid. Dream big. Dream of creating a bigger pie, of abundance, of more opportunity for all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anger solves nothing. Whether you're black or white. It only leads to emotionalism and frustration. When the dust settles the problem remains. It is better to invest that energy into finding solutions which benefit you and your loved ones.

We're not subject to our surroundings unless we believe we're powerless and unable to improve our circumstances. If you provide a loving home with good values and are proactive about their connections you can minimize most of your concerns.

Teach them to be builders. Not servants. Develop their talents and turn them into enterprises. Stop listening to the media. Their rhetoric is meant to sow anxiety and disenfranchisement. Rest in the Lord and let them carry on.

~Bella

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Things have steadily improved for blacks on the whole, but these recent events threaten that progress. Advocates and activists should give that some thought. It does little good to win a battle if it costs you the war.

HI OWG,

You've actually stated a large part of the issue, although I believe with out knowing it. Why should an entire race of Americans have to make 'progress' in how they are perceived and treated as citizens? Is it because they are stupid? Is it because they walk funny? Is it because they eat with their fingers? Or, is it because they are black?

I disagree with bumblebee's assessment and perception of the issue. She presents each one as if it is a universal truth of what's going on across America. Are there blacks who get jobs ahead of whites? Sure, and some of them are deserving and capable of filling that job and just because she defines it as a white vs. black problem shows the subtlety of racist attitudes. How many people can she actually name who are black that got a job when a white person would have, or by her standards of employee measurement, should have been more deserving? And why would the white person be more deserving? Because they eat with their napkin hung from their shirt collar? Because they wear brown shoes? Or is it because they are white?

To make some claim that people in leadership now have to be black, just shows a complete lack of understanding of hiring in leadership positions across this country. I'm sorry, but that just is not a true statement, but is the mantra of the white supremacists. White men and women are hired by the boatloads across this country to fulfill what most would term 'leadership' positions. Certainly in the WH administration and all of the legislative offices and those similar positions in all of the state capitals across this country are still predominantly white and are refilled predominantly with white replacements. Certainly in most all of the corporate headquarters across this nation the color of human flesh is predominantly white. I believe that bumblebee should really take 30 minutes or an hour and sit down and go over each of those charges that she is making and then look out at the real world and see just how true such charges really are.

What we are hearing here is the cry of the Aryan nation protesters and the KKK protesters and the skin head protesters and such groups; that blacks are taking our jobs. The truth is that people are taking our jobs. Whether it's a white person, or a Mexican person, or a Latin person, or a Chinese person, or a Japanese person...or a black person.

Personally, I think that this thread should be permanently placed in the sidebar so that all who enter in can see just how we attack other races with a lot of fake baloney to justify a sense of superior race.

Goc bless,
In Christ, ted

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow believe it or not there is poor white Americans too. You know people of all races have poor people.

Many will not remain poor forever. It's a snapshot in time for them.

Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As it is with whites but systemic racism abides in all, in some manner.

As in whites.

White poverty doesn't get much media attention. In fact they are like the 'crazy aunt' that no one talks about.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just because you can do a job doesn't make you the most qualified. It depends on the position and its value to their revenue. If they have a talented prospect who lacks experience but demonstrates a great work ethic and tenacity they may get the nod over the one whose done it before but won't add much to the bottom line.

Some people are content with doing enough. That worked in the past but in a global market it makes you expendable. They can get the same elsewhere at a cheaper cost. We're in a knowledge economy and that goes beyond sheepskin.

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0