CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your perversion of the truth, truly denigrates the gift of God and the gift from God, by denying that God did it for us.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The Holy Ghost is the One True God and he is declared by the Apostles as being the one who had purchased us with his own blood. You state that God wasn't the one to bleed on the cross, that he sent one of his creatures to do the bleeding. Your statement is preposterous.

Yes, I do believe Jesus is God and he alone could of saved us, as only God is sinless. To you God being our saviour is no big deal! What a condescending attitude you have towards the Holy God.

It is not brainwashing, but has proven the test of time. The Holy God wouldn't have allowed brainwashing of his Church for 2000 years, because Jesus declared that the gates of hell will not prevail against his Church. So in essence those like yourself who think to change laws and times of God want to brainwash people to your new found religion in spiritism, that is being rehashed from the cults of eastern religions and nostism.

This is how you want to brainwash people by this rhetoric and by the subversion of the truth. Philip wanted to see the Father, yet Jesus referred Philip back to himself, revealing that Philip needed to go through Jesus, the Word/God made flesh in order to understand that the Son is every part of God, being one substance with him (Nicene Creed).

Yes you will, God the Son is the connection and way to God. You cannot open a doorway to God's house unless you go through God. Mere creatures cannot be paths to God, they become no less than spiritist deities by the dozens who aspire to become mini moos. Jesus in this respect is the Word, the literal manifestation of the one God making the door of salvation available through him. The Word is God and God is the Word, the Word cannot be separated from God's being and therefore remains of the one substance.

Oh really! Since when has mere creatures been the inspiration behind God's salvation plan. In the Garden God declares that he will crush the head of the serpent. Who after all would take credit for crushing the head of the serpent, the creature or the Creator?

Think deeply now. It is the Garden and the fall has occurred and man is being kicked out. God restores the Garden through himself. Go back and read the old testament and understand the promises made to Adam, Abraham and David and discern that no creature would be qualified to take that role, except the literal Word manifest in flesh. The literal Word is God.

Jesus said you will drink from his cup and you will have great tribulation and since he had plucked you out of this world, you shall be hated by ALL the people's of the nations of the world for my sake. You shall be beaten imprisoned and killed, fear not what they can do to your body.

Every sermon that Jesus gave is of us picking up our crosses and following him to calvary, where we, through pain and suffering endure onto even death, having found finished our race and kept the faith.

The Holy Ghost purges meaning burns our carnal self and moulds us into the personage of Jesus Christ and according to his beatidudes.

In rrobsr's defense, the Trinity wasn't established as doctrine until 300 years after Jesus, so I can understand why he might think that.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
TO BE AN ATHEIST REQUIRES MORE FAITH IN NOTHING THAN IN SOMETHING!

Atheism requires no faith at all. It's a rejection of a faith based claim, not a claim in and of itself.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,545.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Imagine I am young and unhappy and looking for answers. I'm unemployed and cant find a girlfriend. I feel so depressed I have contemplated suicide. I am desperate. I want an answer asap, otherwise...??

I would work on the real life solutions to the underlined rather than trying to get all metaphysical.

Christianity is nice and all but if it doesn't convince you to find work you enjoy, find people you enjoy, then it's not going to fix that depression or suicide thing either.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.