CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Because I'd like to develop my own style of evangelising. What is the best way to convince non-believers? Non-believers who are so depressed and looking for answers. We have a huge responsibility if we are to draw people to the faith. I happen to think Christ is the answer, even though my journey is fairly short so far. What am I going to say? My Christian apologetics is poor. What verses from the Bible are crucial? I guess I might try the following:
"I am the way the truth and the life." But how is that going to sound to an unbeliever? It might sound like white noise. Irrelevant to where they are at the time. What layman's language is suitable?
Personally I found "Jesus died for your sins" a guilt trip. It didnt work. So different verses for different people.
I think what appealed to me at the time of conversion was being able to hand my worries over to God. that was very attractive.

FYI, not all non-believers are depressed or anything. Some were in fact once devout believers.

Upvote 0

Lys Nogales

Mar 16, 2017
Washington State
✟8,367.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Imagine I am young and unhappy and looking for answers. I'm unemployed and cant find a girlfriend. I feel so depressed I have contemplated suicide. I am desperate. I want an answer asap, otherwise...??
I would let you know that I've been where you're at. I've been unhappy, lost, and depressed. I have felt utterly worthless. Then I would tell you all about the fierce love that God has for you and me- how He gave me an identity as His child which gave me hope and a future. (Isaiah 43:1) Choosing to accept Christ isn't a quick fix to your problems, He has been slowly (because I'm slow) working with my faults and flaws to make me into His image. It's still going to be a hard path to follow, but He promises to never leave or forsake us on the way- He has been the best friend and father that I could have ever asked for- He has given me peace for my anxiety and joy in my pain. (Philippians 4:6, James 1:2-3) I still struggle, but I know "and I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Imagine I am young and unhappy and looking for answers. I'm unemployed and cant find a girlfriend. I feel so depressed I have contemplated suicide. I am desperate. I want an answer asap, otherwise...??
Open a Bible, any translation. Turn to John 14:6. Now John 3:16-17. Then John 5:24. Jump over to Ephesians 2:8-9, then Romans 8:1.

Read each of those twice.

Now turn to Romans 10:8-13. The place for you to go is not sudden death. It is eternal life in Him.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm glad this is an imaginary post, bettercallpaul!!!

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,
I have a high school Apologetics group which I do once a month. Just lately I have been using the Gospel presentation called "the big story" by MIT grad James Cheong. It is easy to use, uses circle, and you can find part A and part B on YouTube
But it also comes as a phone app.
When it comes to "atheists," quite often I have found with young adults and youth that what they really mean is that they are skeptics... but I also think it is important that God doesn't leave anyone of us alone, we all have a conscience... part of being made In His image... and God speaks to each one of us.... hopefully whatever you say or do will be a stone in their shoe!
Trust you like "The Big Story"
I'm glad you drew this!! I've been trying to do it on the computer!!! All I need is pen and paper and then scan & post it! Thanks!!

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
An authentic Believer can never become a non-believer. Its in The Book.

Really?

So you're saying someone who grew up for years in the church, taught Sunday school, was a minister, and was devout, wasn't an authentic believer? That's like saying someone who decides to be a vegetarian after really enjoying meat for years never ate meat.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really?

So you're saying someone who grew up for years in the church, taught Sunday school, was a minister, and was devout, wasn't an authentic believer? That's like saying someone who decides to be a vegetarian after really enjoying meat for years never ate meat.
Nope. Wrong interpretation. Read my Post # 84. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Christianity" is not the answer. Jesus never came to start christianity, nor was he ever a christian. Neither did any of the apostles. The message that jesus brought, is a spiritual truth for all people, christians or not. I'ts available for all people to try. There are no convincing needed because noone who isnt called to it wouldnt be convinced anyway, so they would never try it from a pure heart. Which is good, because they would take theyr flawed test as a proof its not real.
Those who are called, will TRY IT without questioning it because in the end its our own experience that determines whetehr something is true or not.
I wouldnt waste time trying to convince you christianity is the answer, and i say that as someone who has spent years in evanglism! Because even the smallest investigation of christians will show you they havent found the answer either. That is not to say the message of christ is false, it definitly is NOT, but i doubt most christians can explain it to you as they for the most part are searching too.
The conclusion of it is that we have a message, and it is a signpost. Christians camp around the signpost that is only pointing the way. But its not the real thing, its jsut a shadow of the real thing. And there they try to concinve ppl the signpost is true. What they should do is to GO where the sign leads them, THEN they have a reality they can help others to find later. And they would know what they were talking about, and the proof they DONT know it now is 33.000 denominations just in the protestans tradition which is only 500 years old. ANd i can assure you they are not in agreement of waht the "answer" is.
Christianity is just a signpost at the best, a set of empty doctrines and traditions at the worst. None of which is an answer.
They may have the key, but they dont use it and they hinder others to use it.
Its just more of a "way" to find the answer, and incidently none of the original disciples called anything christianity, but they called it "the way!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Christianity" is not the answer. Jesus never came to start christianity, nor was he ever a christian. Neither did any of the apostles. The message that jesus brought, is a spiritual truth for all people, christians or not. I'ts available for all people to try. There are no convincing needed because noone who isnt called to it wouldnt be convinced anyway, so they would never try it from a pure heart. Thos who are called, will TRY IT without questioning it because in the end its our own experience that determines whetehr something is true or not.
I wouldnt waste time trying to convince you christianity is the answer, and i say that as someone who has spent years in evanglism! Because even the smallest investigation of christians will show you they havent found the answer either. That is not to say the message of christ is false, it definitly is NOT, but i doubt most christians can explain it to you as they for the most part are searching too.
The conclusion of it is that we have a message, and it is a signpost. Christians camp around the signpost pointing the way, and there they try to concinve ppl the signpost is true. What they should do is to GO where the sign leads them, THEN they have a reality they can help others to find later. Christianity is jsut a signpost at the best, a set of empty doxctrines and traditions at the worst. None of wich is an answer. Its more of a "way" to find it, and incidently none of the original disciples called anything christianity, but they called it "the way!"
Read my Post # 84. Salvation is by God's Amazing Grace through Faith, the everlasting gift of God. Yes, lots of Christians continue to search. (A good example is CF). Internalizing the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth, is through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. It IS present in the Spiritual Nature of every authentic Believer, praise God!

Upvote 0

jimbohank

Disciple of Yashewah
Aug 27, 2014
✟9,520.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see...so what you're saying is that it is a Christian's responsibility to "fix" this situation? Quite the task for a man. Think of the guilt if you fail? Honestly, the only response to this, I believe, is to testify about Jesus Christ and His affect on my life and pray for that person, that their eyes would be opened to the truth. God is the only One that can open their eyes to see and their heart to change.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are lessons to be taken from the scriptures, too many to recount now, but while I have time, the core of unbelief is sin. Each person deals with their own ego and the grief that reality gives to the sinful nature. Romans 1 and a few other verses relate to all men knowing already who God is. The conviction was there before you entered this scenario. Like Paul says, faith needs to rest on God's power, not clever words or philosophy. Putting God into a comfortable idea is not an honest way to go about believing in Him and results in a loss of soul to an idea rather than the actual person. However, we are not to say, "We have found wisdom. Let God address him." It's important in each Spirit given moment we defend God spiritually, correctly. Working through the Holy Spirit comes in in this case and it is not methodical; it's what you've practiced in by following Him. Just be true to His word. Even if you can press into the real issue, you can't make someone love God. Often, I have seen the acknowledgement of someone being wrong and still pressing on to destruction. Truly, you will not win every battle the way you want to because the way it must end is not always what you want it to be, but within the crisis the rule of thumb is to not sin yourself and be what God has called you to be. This leads to the proper words and actions when addressing someone. It takes study and time and sacrifice to be mature, but we all rely on the grace of God. It's like saying, you don't go to heaven through repentance, but without it, you won't get there. In the same way, we do not go to heaven or do what is right through our own choice, but we won't get there without making the decision. This is the position of every heart. If God doesn't love us, we'll die. The best thing to say to a grieving person is "I'm sorry." As in, I sorrow for your sorrow. But in the end, suicide is a sin of pride. It's a person choosing their understanding and will of a situation over God's understanding and will. Any man had value and it is wrong to not look yourself in the eyes and choose to fight for the person looking back at you. God does not create in vain. Throwing away your future is a cold and callused statement against the truly beautiful things in life, and the purpose that your existence has whether you like it or not. A man can live beyond himself without God because life truly matters, but his existence is worth very little without the integrity that would cause him to fight for what is good, himself, and others. That same integrity will lead him to Christ. For some life won't be what we want it to be, it may even be truly tragic, but it can still make a difference and it can still shine against any darkness. That is the victory; He was buried, but He is risen. In the same way, now, we face absolute darkness, but God is light. Whatever we face, we will be rewarded. "Rejoice not because the demons obey you, but rejoice because your names are in heaven." God can and will move in his life after and during your speaking, make him aware of it. In the end, it will be in the hands of God, even with perfect delivery.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Rob_macneal

May 20, 2015
✟12,041.00
Faith
Christian

you sound like you need more help than me or any unqualified professional can offer but its not like me to turn away and not try to help. here we go... I was in my first semester in college when I broke my neck and sheered the nerve endings in my head. I wasn't even supposed to make it to Christmas... 2003. note, my accident was 12/14! as unhappy as you are, there is someone that cares enough to share his sob story. ok well, after the accident, the broken neck, the brain injury, the 110 fever, the heterotopic ossification, and many many many surgeries I found hope through him. whether or not you believe, he loves you!! always have always will!! god bless and good luck!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bud A

Dec 5, 2016
Florida
✟9,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus said behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and sup with him and he with Me.

It is written that way, in the very last book of the Bible, just in those words, KJV. I know God knocks upon the hearts of men in such a manner and I know that he vocally calls. He did it to me over 40 years ago. If you are listening, attentive, for His call you will hear Him and the only other requirement is as the Scripture says to ask Him into your life.

The only faith needed is that you know you need help, and God may be the answer. You are out of options. Just ask with a sincere heart and God will do all of the rest. He will come in and commune with you and provide every answer in life you have ever or will ever need.

God alone will provide the means for you to receive His Salvation. That means is by faith. If you are like I was, you possibly have no idea what that even means, but seek and God in Christ will lead you to every answer you will ever need and that would be forever and by God's Grace in the Blood of Jesus Christ Alone.

I can testify to the truth of His word in every aspect of life for over 40 years now and the Word of God, the Holy Bible, is the truth, without error and laid out perfectly for each soul of mankind to read, trust, and enjoy forever.

God bless all who read this and call upon His Blessed Holy Name.

Bud A

• Winner
Upvote 0

NoFooU2

Mar 1, 2014
✟8,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I know alot of people who are atheist, but alot of them are bitter toward God because of how they have been treated. Some are just down to the facts and that there is no proof... Anyway what I'm getting at is you have all the answers inside you. Alot of people look to an external source for comfort and love. But we forget we must first love ourselves... otherwise how can we give ourselves as a gift toward God or a relationship in general when we see ourselves more like a curse. It took me along time to except who I was, to love myself and to understand that being human is to be grey. We are no angel and we are no demon. What counts is who we choose to be. Look within, for you are not condemned unless you condem yourself! Do not loose faith in who you are, things happen in this world that science cannot fully explain, that is fact. Things like miracles and visions accure. Be open to it, be open to the fact we are young as a species and we cannot know everything. That there is (and/or possibility) energy that connects every single one of us. That energy is warm, family, truth, light. Most religions in the world (even when they are not labeled "christain") touch on that one truth of connection.
But we get lost in the detail, there are over 41,000 totally different versions of Christianity alone and all claim to be the one true religion. So why get lost in the detail? Even the Christ warned us about getting lost in traditions. For we limit ourseves when we are meant to expand and grow. What does it mean to YOU when christ said love your neighbor as you do yourself? What does it stand for you when it is said "For God so LOVED the world that he gave his only son so that none shall perish, but have everlasting life?" What is but the greatest proof of love if it's not sacrifice? So my advice is sacrifice for yourself, seek and you shall find. Don't look to others, look within. Because we are all on different journeys... and we are all diverse people that have our own paths to walk. We are all just learning. Look up energies and how they work... that energy never fades but only transfers. How do energies work inside a person? How energies have color to them... how 'Light' is all colors even the idea of 'chakras' if we become white as snow when we except jesus into our hearts does that mean all our different energies/colors become balanced in our body and we become light(white) as Jesus shines through? Balance... Jesus was the prince of peace because he was balanced and that universal truth, love, warmth, God energy shined through and worked through him. Ghandi said something that all christains or christian seekers should keep in mind. "I like your Christ, but I don't like your christians. Your christians are Nothing like your christ." Yes it's kind of a taboo to be christian and yet research and learn from other religious leaders. BUT how do you know what you believe is not from just conditioning from a young age. Or so desperate you'll believe anything that can give you an answer, whether it's true or not. Just because people believed the world was flat doesn't mean it was. If you could believe your soul is at risk wouldn't you want to look into all possibilities inside of being spoon fed? Life wasnt meant to be given on a silver plater, life was meant to be an experience. We are explores and we create, let that nature shine through and be open to what you may recieve. Be mindful that there is proof of both dark and light... (positives and negatives)(ying and yang). If there is light to show you the way there is also dark that will cloud it. Remember that.
So my friend I want to say I love you. I do not know you but my soul reaches out to you. I do not wish anyone to fall so low they are contemplating suicide. You are not alone, you are worth so much more then what you are being fed. (Lies from demons, darkness,other people and or yourself.) You are your greatest enemy, and your greatest savior. Jesus came to show us what we are to do to be balanced, peacful, and a light in the world. Not to condem and hurt. Be mindful of the teaches of others who show their fruit (abundance and happiness) and also be aware of those who bare non and what their life shows for it. It's NEVER to late to change and it's never to late to hope. You coming on this site proves you are still fighting, but you feel lost. Don't be my friend, there is someone always beside you. Don't give up, seek and work within yourself. For you can never escape yourself, you must learn to be one with yourself. Whether you say you can or cannot, your right.

So choose to believe, choose to be free, choose to feel love and that you are worthy of it. Choose to give love so that you may recipe it. Find a hobbie, get out an explore. Dare to be different and believe you can be happy. Look into the mirror once a day and smile, choose to see what you do like and don't dwell on what you dont. Whatever you give energy to you feed. It's like the two wolves analogy. One black and the other white, they find and struggle but which will win? It's the one you feed.

So I pray that God will bless you and reveal Truth, because truth will set you free.

-Love
Brittany

Upvote 0

live4Christ2016

Apr 22, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my own experience with hardcore atheists their eyes are glued shut because unless God were to magically appear they will not be convinced unless they see him with their own two eyes. Their hearts, ears, and eyes are all closed. They ask to be convinced, but the ones I know really don't want to be convinced because they already know he is a figment of my imagination. I will not debate with them because Jesus will lose every time.
Our job is not to convince them. We are to be Christlike toward unbelievers....a friend.
I am a friend who is their for them and I pray for them. I know God is working because he leads me to pray for them...particularly one man named Charlie who is the most hate filled hardcore atheist I have ever known. I just remain friendly and just pray. Over time I believe God will open his eyes.
Tell them about your faith, what God has done in your life, quote your favourite scripture and just be kind toward them. Prayer really is what will open their eyes....not speaking to them and getting into debates.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would say look around you. Creation itself speaks loudly of it's Creator. Look at the process of birth, and what a complicated piece of art we are, fashioned by the Master. Think of how the body is so put together to create and sustain life. Look at the reproductive, circulatory, digestive, nervous systems. How each part has a purpose, from your beating heart to your breath filled lungs. Your hands for grasping, your teeth for chewing. Ears to hear, eyes to see. Do you really think it is just happenstance? Or bang we were just here? If that were true your nose might have been on the top of your head, where you would literally drown in the rain.
Read the Bible, compare it with life today, look and see what was prophesied in days of old, that have come true. Look how we can see the unfolding of the times with a turn of every page. Search for Him there. Seek and you will find Him. What do you have to lose. You are down, lonely...empty inside. You will remain so, without God. For that void was meant to be filled with Him
Will you at least pray with me that the God of glory reveal Himself to you?
The sun, moon and stars, hang by His word. He is all around you, if you open your eyes and your heart...surely you will see...He was there all along.
I agree

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And what exactly is the question, I would say. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.