Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For some reason, I am afraid to respond to other people's threads on here, even though I want to really bad. When someone makes a thread, and I disagree with them, I want to say I disagree. But then I feel like I am pushing my agenda on people against their will. But I am still afraid to even agree with people on here, for they probably don't care that I agree with them. It is the weirdest thing. What if I said, well I don't agree, and then they tell me, "well who cares what you think?" I have responded to other people's thread on here before, but then I just stopped because I felt that no one cared what I thought.

It's weird. Even in the prayer section, I want to let someone know that I am praying for them, but then I feel, they don't care if I pray for them. I contribute here by being a supporter, but I would like to offer an opinion, even if it is disagreeable with people. I am also afraid that if I disagree with people they are going to block me. When I disagree with people, I am respectful, but people can still get angry.

I have never wanted to force an opinion on people against their will. But I have no problem talking about racial issues and other issues starting my own threads. But I am for some reason am afraid to respond to other threads. I don't know what advice you can give me, or what encouragement you can give me. But anything will do.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
hhmm I think your somehow are taking things too seriously.
I actually am the opposite, I feel I got to put more work into a thread I start myself than in answering other people's stuff and post them much less.

I will say some areas of the board like the Political / News areas can easily bum you out. As in people can get nasty etc. but most of the other areas are decent. Sometimes people can get nasty when it comes to their favorite theology and pet doctrines. But things are mostly OK.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not wanting to swim, you need someone to push or throw you into the pool.

Come to one of the flat earth, evolution threads that will get you started. Chime in and just wait somebody will say something, especially if you are a flat earther.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For some reason, I am afraid to respond to other people's threads on here, even though I want to really bad. When someone makes a thread, and I disagree with them, I want to say I disagree. But then I feel like I am pushing my agenda on people against their will. But I am still afraid to even agree with people on here, for they probably don't care that I agree with them. It is the weirdest thing. What if I said, well I don't agree, and then they tell me, "well who cares what you think?" I have responded to other people's thread on here before, but then I just stopped because I felt that no one cared what I thought.

It's weird. Even in the prayer section, I want to let someone know that I am praying for them, but then I feel, they don't care if I pray for them.

You may be looking at this whole thing from the wrong angle. You are setting yourself up so that others are in charge of how you feel.

you cannot grow as a Christian without exercise.

Mentally you need to turn-the-tables. Go on the offense without being offensive. Like the man walking through his yard , spraying weeds and feeding flowers. He does not ask himself "will each blade of grass I help appreciate me?". View yourself as a member of the volunteer fire department and God is your employer. Serve the Lord without reservation. Be willing to be wrong about something. Be willing to share what is right like Noah did even if no one listens because the point is to serve the Lord as a good steward. It is not man-pleasers that the Lord needs - it is faithful servants of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's weird. Even in the prayer section, I want to let someone know that I am praying for them, but then I feel, they don't care if I pray for them. I contribute here by being a supporter, but I would like to offer an opinion, even if it is disagreeable with people. I am also afraid that if I disagree with people they are going to block me. When I disagree with people, I am respectful, but people can still get angry.

I have never wanted to force an opinion on people against their will. But I have no problem talking about racial issues and other issues starting my own threads. But I am for some reason am afraid to respond to other threads. I don't know what advice you can give me, or what encouragement you can give me. But anything will do.

You've had some, let's say, unfortunate experiences on here. I remember. You're a kind hearted introvert. I can relate, partially. I'm also an introvert. ;) That's why I'm here.

This is a space where you can be you. Nobody knows who you are. If they respond badly, so what? You will still be a kind hearted introvert, who also took a chance to say what seemed right at the time.

I promise you, you can respond to my posts, anytime. You can like my posts, anytime. You can even give me one of those dreaded rainbows, subtly implying that I have no sense, and I will appreciate it because it came from you.

I don't know your name, but I can tell you're golden. If my half-witted self could figure all that out, I bet others could, too. :)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please understand that what you feel and think is important because you feel and think it. Just as important as what other people think and feel.

So daring to reveal what you think and feel takes guts, especially if people take offence, but if you where honest and spoke your truth in love you done nothing wrong.

Dare to speak your truth in love, dare to be open to other peoples truths, and dare to differ. This is what living in God's truth is all about learning to appreciate each others truths rather than belittle them.

If you find it hard to get past the fear ask Jesus for more love, for perfect love casts out fear and has lots of good things to say.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

There are threads I steer clear of as well. Not because of fear, but because it's not worth the trouble.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hi Jessie, check with rules of the board areas for what not to post.
Christians are human and disagree of minor theology, but agree on major theology.

You may want to scan treads in different areas to see what one is allowed to disagree on.

Usually, there is no problem disagreeing as long as you are polite.

Look for statement of purpose in each area. I do not know if there is a statement of faith or at least I did not find it.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Though I do not see your threads very often, I always like your how genuine and sincere you are. This post is no exception. By all means please do share more often. In my experience you never know what the response is going to be. Some readers do not respond yet they too might be impacted. As long as you have the goal of truth, and the desire to help others, then sharing is fine. I hope I see you posting more.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are threads I steer clear of as well. Not because of fear, but because it's not worth the trouble.

Please list the topics to avoid

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
ou've had some, let's say, unfortunate experiences on here. I remember. You're a kind hearted introvert. I can relate, partially. I'm also an introvert. ;) That's why I'm here.

I'm guess that at least half the people on here are introverts, probably a good 60% to 2/3 maybe more.
I'm an INTJ, and when I've read survey''s of personality types here I think 3/4 of been some kind of introvert.

What's Your Myers Briggs Personality Type?

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

All I can say is that my father had no problem saying, "You're wrong." I understand your feelings. My older sister repeatedly told me that my husband and I were making incorrect choices about nearly everything that he and I agreed upon. I finally learned that another person's disagreement doesn't make my opinion wrong! In a group of of people I might not speak up. But here online I'd certainly be interested in your opinion. If someone says, "Who cares what you think?" that person is rude. I'm certain that a lot of people care what you think. I do.

My siblings aren't Christians... sorry. I was editing this and lost the edit in cyber space!

I guess I should put my thoughts on word Perfect and save them before trying to post. I was looking for some verses that I like, and ended up watching a long story on YouTube.

A. D. D..jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

well ... jump in there ... if someone is disrespectful to you, demeaning, smart alecky or effects you in a negative way .... just block them for a while ... I've done this with a few people because they are just plain rude over and over again ... so you can choose who you "hang out" with on here to a certain degree.

I don't mind people who disagree about things ... it's the manner they display when they do disagree. Agree to disagree and leave at that.

Also ... keep in mind .... texting (such in this forum) often things go misunderstood and can take a few conversations (posts) before what one is saying or trying to get across is actually fully understood. Being assumptive (have been guilty of this myself ;o)

That's my 2 cents worth ;o)

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟105,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The disagreement posts are the fun posts! Just jump in and be ready to defend your ideas. It will either reinforce what you think or you'll realize you're wrong about something and correct yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You may be looking at this whole thing from the wrong angle. You are setting yourself up so that others are in charge of how you feel.

you cannot grow as a Christian without exercise.

Mentally you need to turn-the-tables go on the offense without being offensive. Like the man walking through his yard , spraying weeds and feeding flowers. He does not ask himself "will each blade of grass I help appreciate me?". View yourself as a member of the volunteer fire department and God is your employer. Serve the Lord without reservation. Be willing to be wrong about something. Be willing to share what is right like Noah did even if no one listens because the point is to serve the Lord as a good steward. It is not man-pleasers that the Lord needs - it is faithful servants of God.

Yeah, I guess I do have a people pleasing spirit. I don't want to have that. I probably need to pray for boldness.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I will say some areas of the board like the Political / News areas can easily bum you out. As in people can get nasty etc. but most of the other areas are decent. Sometimes people can get nasty when it comes to their favorite theology and pet doctrines. But things are mostly OK.

Thank you

That is helpful. If things do get nasty, I probably need to step away from it for a while. I don't ever mean to anger people. But I guess that is sometimes unavoidable.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not wanting to swim, you need someone to push or throw you into the pool.

Yeah, I don't want to be that way. I am just scared to take a dive on my own. It is not anybody's job to push me. I need to jump right in. Thank you

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You've had some, let's say, unfortunate experiences on here. I remember. You're a kind hearted introvert. I can relate, partially. I'm also an introvert. ;) That's why I'm here.

This is a space where you can be you. Nobody knows who you are. If they respond badly, so what? You will still be a kind hearted introvert, who also took a chance to say what seemed right at the time.

I promise you, you can respond to my posts, anytime. You can like my posts, anytime. You can even give me one of those dreaded rainbows, subtly implying that I have no sense, and I will appreciate it because it came from you.

I don't know your name, but I can tell you're golden. If my half-witted self could figure all that out, I bet others could, too. :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I will keep my eye out for your posts. Thank you for being willing to listen or read what I have to say.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟684,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Please understand that what you feel and think is important because you feel and think it. Just as important as what other people think and feel.

So daring to reveal what you think and feel takes guts, especially if people take offence, but if you where honest and spoke your truth in love you done nothing wrong.

Dare to speak your truth in love, dare to be open to other peoples truths, and dare to differ. This is what living in God's truth is all about learning to appreciate each others truths rather than belittle them.

If you find it hard to get past the fear ask Jesus for more love, for perfect love casts out fear and has lots of good things to say.

Peace.

Thank you

I should pray and ask God for more love. Thank you for the advice.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0