✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am afraid of death.
I am afraid that I do not have Spirit, I will cease to exist after death.
I know this is against my religion.
John 3:16 is a wonderful promise.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that all who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus loves you so much that he died for you.
Remember to say thank you for the sacrifice he made.
God bless

Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

Light_Conquers

Mar 9, 2020
Tbilisi
✟35,473.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our Lord Jesus crossed our sins and whoever have faith in that have eternal life. Its free gift from God. God loves us

To have fear concern to death is absolutely normal. Because its mysterious stuff comes to happen. But remember Jesus overcame to it and sin which is the reason of death have been conquered eternally. Whoever have faith in it would live eternal with God as scripture says. So be as rock in faith and rejoice with your gift from God.

We creatures are made for to live not to perish.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I am afraid of death.

Been there done that! I went to sleep in the arms of God, it was the greatest sense of peace I have ever known. I woke up 2 months later from a coma. God has been with me all along, always will be. I was allowed more time. Death itself was just peaceful and then you just go to sleep till He wakes you up, either for more time in this earth, or to awake at His return. As Christians we don't fully die, we sleep until He wakes us up. Nothing to fear, our true home is waiting. Jesus went to prepare our home with Him.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Joh_14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Mind expansion is your friend. When you can fathom what infinity REALLY is, you won't fear anything.

Infinity: it's the very basis of what God is and exactly what Jesus bought you. So don't fester away with fear, instead, get swatting up and start meditating in the knowledge and the wisdom that's available to you right now.

As a creation from an infinite CREATOR, you are in essence a fragment of that infinity - for there was never a time when God didn't exist, nor will there ever be a time when he'll cease to exist .He always had you in mind, even trillions of years ago. He was always going to create you, which means that you too, have always existed. And always will.

Again, learn, expand the mind, acquire wisdom, and keep doing it. There's nothing to fear, death isn't what you seem to think it is.

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 CSB
[54] When this corruptible body is clothed with incorruptibility, and this mortal body is clothed with immortality, then the saying that is written will take place: Death has been swallowed up in victory. [55] Where, death, is your victory? Where, death, is your sting? [56] The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. [57] But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Joh_14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Great verses there.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Infinity: it's the very basis of what God is and exactly what Jesus bought you.
@ReesePiece23 Indeed comforting to know that the Lord Jesus is Lord of time and eternity and that 'through the eternal Spirit (HE) offered Himself without spot to God' (Hebrews 9.14) on the behalf of all who trust in Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
May this reassure you in Jesus Name: "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, no one will snatch them out of my hand."
Such wonderful promises in John 10.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 is a wonderful promise.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that all who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus loves you so much that he died for you.
Remember to say thank you for the sacrifice he made.
God bless
@musicalpilgrim
Wonderful verse there, summarizing the Gospel.

(Good to see you again on the forums.)

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no you are not a coward

courage is doing something despite fear
medical personnel are going to work everyday & caring for sick virus patients

many are scared & worried they could bring it home to their families but go to work anyway despite their fear

God gave us a life to live so live every day to the fullest

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no you are not a coward

courage is doing something despite fear
medical personnel are going to work everyday & caring for sick virus patients

many are scared & worried they could bring it home to their families but go to work anyway despite their fear

God gave us a life to live so live every day to the fullest
@christine40 We have indeed so much to be thankful for with the dedication of medical staff and frontline workers.

• Agree
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest," Mt 11:28.

We all have our fears, that's okay. Jesus will make us strong as we go to him, even over and over again. He will give us rest. Never give up. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I am afraid of death.
And this is why all of these arguments for competing religions become completely meaningless when a person thinks about death. “Based on what” are all of these people convinced that their religion means anything after death? This is why the proof of Christianity heavily weighs on the resurrection as a real event in history. Is your belief in the resurrection as a true historical event strong? Or is it shaky?

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
even i believe in GOD and Jesus, i cannot be sure i have spirit and can go to heaven,
because no one from heaven came back to prove to us.
Well just try to keep in mind that there is a gigantic difference between one person coming back to life after death and zero people coming back to life after death. Don’t focus so much on the small number of one, instead just focus on how everything changes about our laws of reality the moment that ANYONE is able to die and then come back, even if it’s just one time.

There’s a much bigger difference between the number one and the number zero than it might seem like at first. Imagine if a scientist had two teleportation devices, like in the movie The Fly. But people were afraid to try the device, because they thought that they would die if they tried to go through it. Well there would be a HUGE difference if just one person successfully went through the machine and lived, then if zero people did it. Because only one person would be a minimum requirement to prove that teleportation was now possible. Likewise it only takes one successful case of a person coming back from death to prove that life after physical death is now possible in our reality! This is actually the only reason that people believed in Christianity at all, because Jesus was witnessed by a crowd to be executed, and then he came back.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0