Weslaco
✟44,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Raised an IFB myself. Not entirely in agreement with everything. I do prefer the KJV over all though. God bless.
I was strong KJV Preferred until the NKJV came out. My actual preference is Byzantine Preferred. At that time the KJV was the only widely circulated English version based on the Byzantine text. But when the NKJV came out I took a look and liked what I saw. I now use the NKJV for my teaching/preaching, but for daily bible reading and study I now use the WEB version. It is an update of the RSV of 1948/1952 using the Byzantine text to edit the English text.

I still believe the KJV is a venerable old translation that has stood the test of time and should be honored as such.

My great respect for that venerable old translation is for at least three reasons.

#1. Its NT is based on (an admittedly flawed) representative of the Byzantine Textform which I believe best represents the autographical readings.

#2. It was translated using a verbal and formal equivalence technique whenever possible while using dynamic equivalence when necessary to preserve colloquialisms etc.

#3. It has stood the test of time. In the 400+ years since it was first published we have had time to assess its strengths (and weaknesses) and respond accordingly. :)

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0