I am 29 and I am about to leave my family.

Sweet Belle

Nov 26, 2017
Georgia
✟15,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not running away but I am leaving my father and siblings this Wednesday. I tried my best to fix this family but everyone at home are so damaging and abusive. I quite playing the silent abused slave. I am leaving to Charlotte, NC to start my life from there on forward. Pray for me and my safety.

Last edited:

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am leaving to Charlotte, NC to start my life from there onward. Pray for me and my safety.

My prayers are with you.

What will be your new life?

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not running away but I am leaving my father and siblings this Wednesday. I tried my best to fix this family but everyone at home are so damaging and abusive. I quite playing to silent abused slave. I am leaving to Charlotte, NC to start my life from there onward. Pray for me and my safety.

Tough decision, but all must leave one day.

Maybe Luke 8:21 has something to say or harsher is 9:60
You can move on but still stay in touch.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
  • Friendly
Reactions: Sweet Belle
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I applaud you for your strength and bravery. Its a tough decision to face a new world alone. I also will be praying for you and I am sorry for your strife at home. Take good care and keep in touch with us.
God bless you and keep you!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am not running away but I am leaving my father and siblings this Wednesday. I tried my best to fix this family but everyone at home are so damaging and abusive. I quite playing to silent abused slave. I am leaving to Charlotte, NC to start my life from there onward. Pray for me and my safety.

I have some simple observations.
You are not good at drawing lines and setting boundaries, and tolerate abuse. Unfortunately this tends to also include dependency, and more complex involvement. Because you have stayed for so long, you do need counselling. The sad reality is no matter how disfunctional the family one still loves the people involved, which is a good thing, but it tends to mean you relate and bond with people who live in a similar situation.

To put things into context how anger and frustration is expressed has been taught to you all your life, and often leads to the problems the families suffer from. Such thing do not change over-night and learning to love, to be affectionate, to be appropriate is a difficult but also enlivening road to walk in the Lord.

I have seen how generation after generation these scenarios play out, because of the emotional rules people operate under. But praise God, He does bring freedom is we apply love, repentance, brokenness and allow ourselves to be loved by others.

I hope you find a new group of people to support you and help you in your walk. God bless you

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am leaving my father and siblings this Wednesday.
Do all you can to leave on 'good' terms with your family.
Before leaving call your pastor to see if he can recomend a church in the town your going to, otherwise checkout the christianityexplored web site for a list of churches in that area.

• Friendly
Upvote 0