KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've always pictured God and Adam walking in perfect communion prior to the fall.

But I can't find ANYTHING saying that in scripture. Maybe there's something outside of Genesis chapter 2 or 3? :scratch:

I believe it is a culmination of scripture, not necessarily stated directly.

What does it take to walk in perfect communion with God? Perfection.

Also, after man was created God pronounced everything "very good".

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had always heard that also and when I looked up the verses of God walking with Adam - these 2 came up - but I don't see the picture of God walking with Adam in perfect communion. I'll keep looking.

We find in Genesis 2:15-16 and 3:8-9 that God walked and talked with Adam in the Garden of Eden. ...

Here is a question I found that was interesting.

Q. Was it God or Jesus Christ who walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden?
A. The question should be: Was it God or the Word who talked to Adam and Eve, since it was the Word (Greek Logos ) who became Jesus Christ, approximately four thousand years later?

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟33,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The description given of God walking with Adam in the garden of Eden actually conotates that the literally physically walked together and talked as we might do with another person.

Not just in the general sense of 'walking with God' as we use it today.

you can see this in the description of how God came after the fall and Adam hid from him. God comes in the cool of the day as per the normal routine and Adam knows he is coming so he hides himself rather than going out to meet him.

When I say that they physically walked together I'm not necessarily implying that God her has a physical body, but rather that he was manifest in some physical/spiritual way which was evident to Adam's physical senses.

also, I believe it was God the Son who walked with Adam in the Garden. The teaching I get in scripture is that it has only ever been the Son who has been revealed directly to mankind (as in the case of Moses as well). We are meant to know the Father through the Son, I don't think that has ever changed.

Reactions: Maharg
Upvote 0

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The description given of God walking with Adam in the garden of Eden actually conotates that the literally physically walked together and talked as we might do with another person.

Not just in the general sense of 'walking with God' as we use it today.

you can see this in the description of how God came after the fall and Adam hid from him. God comes in the cool of the day as per the normal routine and Adam knows he is coming so he hides himself rather than going out to meet him.

When I say that they physically walked together I'm not necessarily implying that God her has a physical body, but rather that he was manifest in some physical/spiritual way which was evident to Adam's physical senses.

also, I believe it was God the Son who walked with Adam in the Garden. The teaching I get in scripture is that it has only ever been the Son who has been revealed directly to mankind (as in the case of Moses as well). We are meant to know the Father through the Son, I don't think that has ever changed.

I would have to agree. Without Him, nothing was made that was made.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.