• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I’m Scared..

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I decided to move 8 hours away for a job in videography after my job made me an offer. I’m working 10 -12 hours a day while getting paid for half. No one notices. I’m not even close to the amount he said he was going to give me per month. I don’t have enough money for rent anymore, I messed up on a huge event my boss put me in charge of.

My relationships are falling apart because all I do is work. For the past 2 months all I’ve been doing is working just to break even. I’m going to owe thousands in taxes at the end of the year. If anything happens where I need emergency money, I’m done for. I don’t exercise, I don’t shower, I don’t clean up after myself, my life is a mess.

My anxiety is going through the roof and the one time that I actually do need a therapist, I can’t for the life of me afford one. I want to quit but I will never find an opportunity to work at a high end company again. Im freelancing fulltime which makes my boss legally aloud to abuse me. Nor would I even dare to stand up for myself. I would rather sleep in the streets then stand up for myself. I have years and years of bottled up emotions from being taken advantage of and walked over. This is why I’m afraid of standing up for myself. Because I’m afraid I’ll explode.

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I decided to move 8 hours away for a job in videography after my job made me an offer. I’m working 10 -12 hours a day while getting paid for half. No one notices. I’m not even close to the amount he said he was going to give me per month. I don’t have enough money for rent anymore, I messed up on a huge event my boss put me in charge of.

My relationships are falling apart because all I do is work. For the past 2 months all I’ve been doing is working just to break even. I’m going to owe thousands in taxes at the end of the year. If anything happens where I need emergency money, I’m done for. I don’t exercise, I don’t shower, I don’t clean up after myself, my life is a mess.

My anxiety is going through the roof and the one time that I actually do need a therapist, I can’t for the life of me afford one. I want to quit but I will never find an opportunity to work at a high end company again. Im freelancing fulltime which makes my boss legally aloud to abuse me. Nor would I even dare to stand up for myself. I would rather sleep in the streets then stand up for myself. I have years and years of bottled up emotions from being taken advantage of and walked over. This is why I’m afraid of standing up for myself. Because I’m afraid I’ll explode.
Maybe walking away from a bad situation is taking a stand.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

So, you're scared you'll snap?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're in a terrible mess by the sounds of it. Please go to Jesus, you can commune with Him even as you work, and let Him, find the word speaking in truth for God and neighbour, and let Him take that terrible time bomb out of your heart and defuse it with His loving truth, for as is, you will explode one day.

You need to find your life in God's loving truth, for only then are you safe from worlds pressures, no matter how bad it gets.

Matthew 16:25
"For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it."

• Agree
Reactions: God is good
Upvote 0

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you're scared you'll snap?

Im scared of being looked at negatively by someone else. I’ve never once snapped at someone before. I have really good self control. Nor have I ever had someone who I know, think negatively of me. But self control can only last for so long when you bottle up emotions and get walked on over and over again. My fear of being disliked still outweighs any other fear I have in life. And I know I can’t control that but god knows I don’t know how to stop trying.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im scared of being looked at negatively by someone else. I’ve never once snapped at someone before. I have really good self control. Nor have I ever had someone who I know, think negatively of me. But self control can only last for so long when you bottle up emotions and get walked on over and over again. My fear of being disliked still outweighs any other fear I have in life. And I know I can’t control that but god knows I don’t know how to stop trying.
Just remember that it doesn't matter what other people think because God's opinion is the only one that matters. God loves you so much and Jesus loves you and you need to pray to Him to help you. God bless you

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Davorah

Ora et Labora
Sep 19, 2021
Pacific Northwest
✟17,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anxiety is such a terrible thing to have to deal with. It has been a very difficult challenge for me. While this might sound like a simplistic thing to do, when I discovered that my anxiety peaked from noon to 5pm I set a reminder to go off on each hour that says BREATHE. I breathe deeply for 2-5 minutes, focusing on my breathing, and I get at least a tiny break from the anxiety. I also pray asking Jesus help me to have compassion for myself and heal me of the fear that's causing the anxiety. I'm lifting you up in prayer right now and I wish you all the best.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Hmmm this is understandable.

This verse comes to mind:

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Fall forward, go down swinging, keep your feet under you, and see if you can pop up out of a roll...!

Even if they think negatively of you (which we can't really know for certain) at least they might admire your tenacity.

Trust me, I'm a professional faller...

Besides, those who think negatively of anybody, are really only reacting to what they see in themselves, so you can welcome them to the club.

Yah bless and shalom.

Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟226,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you receive a written offer for the job? I certainly hope so. If so, meet with your boss, offer in hand, and tell him that there has been a mistake and you are not receiving the agreed upon amount.

I understand that you are full of fear, but if that rules you and you shy away from doing the right thing, then people will continue to walk all over you.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

My friend,fret not.I have the answer you so desperately need,your worries come from money,you worry on how to make ends meet,but I must tell you the truth,you simply are not trusting God.

God states he will provide for all your needs,and money should be the least of your worries,however I’m not saying it isn’t valuable or a blessing.Sadly in our world today,the only way to survive is by money.If I may say,your being too hard upon yourself,please relax.If you have to,take a day for rest,to catch up.

But most of all you must TRUST God,and believe(which means to simply trust and hope for) that he will provide.Trust in his promises and his loving faithfulness.However there is one thing that can change everything,prayer.Go to him and explain everything,and lay your trust upon him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums