Na
✟11,858.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Recently I’m going through a crisis in life regarding my relationship. At the moment I’m taking a break in a relationship which I want to reconcile but I don’t know if it’s God’s will. I feel like I’ve haven't been happy for so long. I’m starting to get tired and used to the fact of being unhappy. In times I would come together with my friend and pray before sleeping which is fine. However when I pray alone at night that’s when the issue raises. I end up crying and getting scared during my prayer. Because of crying and feeling fearful, it kind of put me off to continue with the prayer so I will try to end the prayer quickly. I used to pray for restoration for this relationship but now I’m lost. Instead I leave it up to God‘s decision and follow his will. The problem is that I get very emotional and scared while praying. It almost feels like I don’t feel protected while telling God how I feel. I’m trying my hardest to trust God but it’s hard when i’m feeling this way while I pray.

Why am I like this?

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why am I like this?
You are not alone in this trial. We go through similar things so there is no reason to be scared. I have been able to shed my fear, but I went through a lot to get there. I can say that the root of fear is condemnation, so you have to realize that you will never be forsaken.

Reactions: Kolleen
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know your situation, but it could be that this relationship has hurt your walk with God. If you are worse off now spiritually than when you started, I would rethink about where you want this to go. Also, I have to think about what support you are getting from your church? Lastly, be sure to take time to read God's word. Often many of the answers we are looking for can be found in the bible. May you get the peace you are seeking.

Upvote 0

Kolleen

Feb 4, 2020
Na
✟11,858.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Will you tell, why you cry and what exactly scares you?
I cry because things aren't really going well in my life and I haven't been happy for a while. However, scared im not sure it usually happens while I cry during my prayer.

Upvote 0

Kolleen

Feb 4, 2020
Na
✟11,858.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are not alone in this trial. We go through similar things so there is no reason to be scared. I have been able to shed my fear, but I went through a lot to get there. I can say that the root of fear is condemnation, so you have to realize that you will never be forsaken.

Awww Im sorry to hear that too. How did you go through this?

• Winner
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

Kolleen

Feb 4, 2020
Na
✟11,858.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know your situation, but it could be that this relationship has hurt your walk with God. If you are worse off now spiritually than when you started, I would rethink about where you want this to go. Also, I have to think about what support you are getting from your church? Lastly, be sure to take time to read God's word. Often many of the answers we are looking for can be found in the bible. May you get the peace you are seeking.

Tbh I feel like it kinda brought me back to God. I was distance from God in the past as I was hurt by my previous pastor and ever since then I kinda distrust churches but I feel like ever since we take a break and he agree that I should try regain my faith, it has really made me put effort back in and now I am back but just lacking the trust :( . I do devotion with my friends most of the time but im still afraid and that's why I feel like when I prayer it cry and get scared because my relationship with God is not as strong

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cry because things aren't really going well in my life and I haven't been happy for a while. However, scared im not sure it usually happens while I cry during my prayer.

When you pray you must trust God and have hope in him.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In times I would come together with my friend and pray before sleeping

Did you mean this? Because it reads I would pray with my boyfriend before sleeping together!

end up crying and getting scared during my prayer. Because of crying and feeling fearful, it kind of put me off to continue with the prayer so

Why do you dry and get scared surfing a prayer?
What are you praying for/about?

You are clearly very emotional about something I can only suggest that you talk with your pastors wife about what is happening in your life and that you we w doctor.
You need to check out whether there are any under lying health issues.

To reassure you, God loves you far more than you can imagine, no matter how we screw our lives up, God loves us and will pick us up, brush us down and guide us as we stagger on in life.

Please do talk to someone.

Upvote 0

TSWTBR

Mar 31, 2020
London
✟15,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Recently I’m going through a crisis in life regarding my relationship. At the moment I’m taking a break in a relationship which I want to reconcile but I don’t know if it’s God’s will. I feel like I’ve haven't been happy for so long. I’m starting to get tired and used to the fact of being unhappy. In times I would come together with my friend and pray before sleeping which is fine. However when I pray alone at night that’s when the issue raises. I end up crying and getting scared during my prayer. Because of crying and feeling fearful, it kind of put me off to continue with the prayer so I will try to end the prayer quickly. I used to pray for restoration for this relationship but now I’m lost. Instead I leave it up to God‘s decision and follow his will. The problem is that I get very emotional and scared while praying. It almost feels like I don’t feel protected while telling God how I feel. I’m trying my hardest to trust God but it’s hard when i’m feeling this way while I pray.

Why am I like this?

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Matthew 6:6-15 KJV
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. [7] But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do : for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. [8] Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. [9] After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. [11] Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. [14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: [15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 18:19-20 KJV
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. [20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I said a prayer for you, I hope the Lord will be merciful, and graceful to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grace4ever

Apr 29, 2018
Florida
✟12,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns with us. I am truly sorry for you are going through. These forums are great for sharing burdens, and venting. Let me tell you my friend that you are important, valuable and a person worth of dignity. Even in the darkest moments in our lives there is always hope. Let me tell you that you do have a purpose in life. Maybe it can sound like a cliché however things happen for a reason. It is understandable that it hurts, but love must be mutual. However, that does not mean the end. Sometimes we have to pass for some bad experiences before we meet the right one. That is part of the process. It is natural to want love and being loved. That one special person will come to you when you do not expect. Let this time of yourself being single allow you to know more of your strengths and work on your weaknesses also. In regards to your relationship, it sounds that it is right to seek God’s will. However, since I do not know what is your reason for the break, it seems that you have all the answers to this situation. I encourage you to evaluate this relationship, if this makes you a better person and if it is not I encourage you to move on. Please do not to let your feelings and emotions about all of this get in your way making it worse for you. Perhaps have you ever thought of seeking counseling or therapy? Counseling or therapy works through things like this. You are valuable and worthy of fighting for. It can help you find ways to deal with this situation and possibly to give you tools to have better relationships in the near future. Hope this helps. Sending you hugs. I will keep you in my prayers, my friend.

Upvote 0