Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve been in a real slump. I know I need to get back into God’s word I’m struggling finding inspiration even after praying for it. I read the Bible of course in Church but a I can’t seem to find the motivation to pick it up while I’m at home. Anyone have similar problems and if so what have you done to get out of it? TIA

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I usually step away from it and find some inspiring Christian reading. Bible reading plans are a good option as well.

Sometimes I just take breaks but now I feel like it’s been too long. Sometimes I do audio, or podcasts from Focus on the Family, but the topics aren’t always relevant to me.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve been in a real slump. I know I need to get back into God’s word I’m struggling finding inspiration even after praying for it. I read the Bible of course in Church but a I can’t seem to find the motivation to pick it up while I’m at home. Anyone have similar problems and if so what have you done to get out of it? TIA

i'm often depressed and find reading the bible difficult at such times so i listen to scripture songs. Sherri Youngward and the Sons of Korah sing out of scripture. Good music with true words to inspire, sooth and encourage.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you not concerned over the awfulness of your own sinfulness? Read the whole bible, concentrating on the Gospels, to see by what means Jesus managed to live sinlessly.

Upvote 0

hope faith love

****LOVE****
Dec 29, 2019
SYLACAUGA
✟15,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
i too feel into this issue for a great length of time ... so i started listening to praise and worship music and im prayer a great deal ... after a certain length of times (weeks) after starting to do that i started feeling lead to read again so i started reading again and the more i did all these things the closer i came to the presence of Jesus God teaches me thru topic ex true riches of christ compared to earthly riches ... i find it alot easier to study that way

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Are you not concerned over the awfulness of your own sinfulness? Read the whole bible, concentrating on the Gospels, to see by what means Jesus managed to live sinlessly.

I am concerned, partly why I asked advice on the matter. Guess I was looking for a little bit of direction. Places in the Bible that people might go when they are experiencing something similar to what I am.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

hope faith love

****LOVE****
Dec 29, 2019
SYLACAUGA
✟15,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced

i have a question ???? where do i know you from i recongnize your picture but not sure where from

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Surely, there must be an app somewhere out there that sends a daily bible verse to your phone.

Get the notification, swipe up, read it, and boom. Repeat every day until you've read the entire bible.

Yeah I have a few apps that do that. I read Bible verses daily. Today’s was Hebrews 4:12. But I used to really dive into God’s work, do Bible journaling.

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Read thru the OT trying to find everything in the NT.
Read thru with the main thought "everything is true" or even just a book. Or that God doesn't change, or that He is Love.
I really like the story of David. Sure he fought a giant, but he licked a door! to escape capture, smh. He danced with abandon. His is a story I can really get into.
I like the part of Job where God is talking.
But, try the opposite of what you've been reading, if you've been reading the OT read the NT.
Or memorize a psalms.
Or sing a psalms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I used to read an hour a day everyday. Now I hardly read at all. Different seasons I guess. If you like listening to Bible studies I recommend Logos Bible Study by Dr. Bill Creasy.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am concerned, partly why I asked advice on the matter. Guess I was looking for a little bit of direction. Places in the Bible that people might go when they are experiencing something similar to what I am.

In the Bible what about Psalms?
I have also found an audio Bible to be very helpful.
Nothing takes the place of reading it yourself, but for the times you find it difficult, pray (of course) and try an audio bible.

I hope that is of some help:)

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Read thru the OT trying to find everything in the NT.
Read thru with the main thought "everything is true" or even just a book. Or that God doesn't change, or that He is Love.
I really like the story of David. Sure he fought a giant, but he licked a door! to escape capture, smh. He danced with abandon. His is a story I can really get into.
I like the part of Job where God is talking.
But, try the opposite of what you've been reading, if you've been reading the OT read the NT.
Or memorize a psalms.
Or sing a psalms.

These are all really great ideas thank you!!

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I used to read an hour a day everyday. Now I hardly read at all. Different seasons I guess. If you like listening to Bible studies I recommend Logos Bible Study by Dr. Bill Creasy.

I definitely can relate to that different seasons feeling. Is Logos an app?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have been there several times.I usually listen to Max McClean read to me.LOL. I think I am just lazy sometimes. Also, these forums help me to read some every day. The thing about listening when you are at home is you can be doing other things while you listen.

Upvote 0