✟8,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone
I’m feeling really lonely in my faith, I converted 8 years ago and have moved cities, had different jobs and recently left my last job which required me to work Sunday’s so I’m looking for a new church to join. I’m a bit scared of going to a new church since I’m on my own but I really wish I could connect with other Christians so any prayers would be greatly appreciated to help me find a Christian community and some more friends.
Thank you in advance

curiousgirl98

Feb 19, 2018
London
✟18,780.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Good luck! I am in the same situation as you where I live in a new place with no family, but I havent found the courage to go to church on my own! I hope the community is loving and welcoming and you will enjoy it!

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone
I’m feeling really lonely in my faith, I converted 8 years ago and have moved cities, had different jobs and recently left my last job which required me to work Sunday’s so I’m looking for a new church to join. I’m a bit scared of going to a new church since I’m on my own but I really wish I could connect with other Christians so any prayers would be greatly appreciated to help me find a Christian community and some more friends.
Thank you in advance
Prayers offered!

Do you have many options nearby to visit and just take in the various churches and get a feel for them? I would recommend doing some internet research of the various church statements of belief and constitutions to ensure you know what you are visiting.

It won't happen unless you make it happen. I know this all too well. Wake up early on the next Sunday pull out some Sunday clothes and just go. I did so after researching the Church in question.

Need some tips on this, just ask here or PM me. I will be more than happy to help.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi everyone
Thank you in advance

God speed to your journey in Christ!

Suggestion: You can only get from the community what you put in. So yes go and feel it out, but also go with a mission in mind. What from them you yearning in need of support of specifically, and how can you serve this community? Maybe you end up gravitating towards a department, see how to get involved. Or maybe you end up making a close friend first time around, invite them to coffee. Everyone there have their struggles like you,and all are gathering together for fellowship. So enjoy it.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray that you will find the community you desire. I'm struggling too with being a Christian. I want to get back to going to church. One problem is I take medication that makes me really drowsy in the morning. I usually sleep until 1pm on days I don't have school, like the weekend. I guess I could go to an evening service, but I haven't been good about searching for one.

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi everyone
Thank you in advance
Hello, I am terribly sorry to hear that you are feeling like this, I pray that God gives you courage in this regard. I hope that you have a great rest of your weekend! :)

Upvote 0

Sunshine21

Jan 26, 2018
United States
✟21,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is hard finding a new church. I pray you find one that fits your needs and can make a spiritual family for yourself. I like to check out churches websites and social media sites to get a feel for them. I am really picky about my churches. It is hard to just jump in.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi everyone
Thank you in advance
There's no need to be scared of going to a new church. If it isn't friendly, try another one.

Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

http://seekingbiblicaltruth.weebly.com
Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is hard finding a new church. I pray you find one that fits your needs and can make a spiritual family for yourself. I like to check out churches websites and social media sites to get a feel for them. I am really picky about my churches. It is hard to just jump in.
To many times you can see what a churches aboyt by FB or the website... Even a FB for the pastor reveals who and what they are

Upvote 0

Sunshine21

Jan 26, 2018
United States
✟21,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To many times you can see what a churches aboyt by FB or the website... Even a FB for the pastor reveals who and what they are
Yeah! Not necessarily a bad pastor just not quite the right fit. I think God makes us all unique with different mini ministries etc. so we might be called to different areas in life and that church might not fit our needs, growths.

• Agree
Reactions: Semiprecious
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian_Follower

Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On a totally separate note, feeling lonely especially when moving is a teriblke feeling...i moved to Florida from Canada when my mom and dad moved us yrs ago... Thrn for me it was church school etc.... Always felt alone even in youth

Now grown up i still feel lonely from time to time.. real lose friends just acquaintances.... But God is still good and in control

Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father,

You are the King of kings and Lord of all lords. Nothing is beyond your reach and all things happen for your purposes.

Right now I ask of you to touch the heart and spirit of my dear sister. She loves you and wants to do things according to your ways and your will for her life. Help her with this transition. Help her to locate not just a place of fellowship with other believers but also bring into her life some dependable close friendship.

In the meantime Lord, allow friends on this site to help her with prayer and support. Help us to give Godly counsel and not worldly thoughts or ideas. Grant us and grant her Wisdom from the throne room of heaven.

In the name of Yesuha

Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Omniscient Father, You know the location of a church or group of Christians that would be possible for Semiprecious to fellowship with. Lead either her to them, or them to her. May she recognize them when she meets them as Your answer to her prayer. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums