PA
✟274,985.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because here we have two members of the same denomination, wouldn't it be helpful if there were a meeting of some sort so that both would agree to use the same 'line?'
both posts are remarkably similar in their claim. ^_^

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how did the ancient Israelites treat the Ark of the Covenant? According to the Bible, how did they treat it?

According to the Bible, God gave Moses very specific information and detailed instructions regarding the Ark. And the Israelites were to treat it according to those instructions.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,985.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to the Bible, God gave Moses very specific information and detailed instructions regarding the Ark. And the Israelites were to treat it according to those instructions.
do you have any OT bible verses that show how they treated the Ark of the OT?

Take a lookie at this. This is a protestant website.

20 Bible verses about Ark Of The Covenant

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's what Catholics embarrassed by this Medieval theory are now supposed to say, that's right.

Yesterday, it was how to explain away Limbo when their church decided to junk that teaching.

In both cases, it was mainly done because no one believed these things any longer, even though they'd been taught as true for hundreds of years. Also, the Catholic Church was mindful that, in the Western nations at least, such old-fashioned doctrines were contributing to the steady drain of members to other Christian churches. That's also why, but only in our lifetimes, did the Roman Catholic Church at last adopt a number of practices that were Protestant reforms (and duly condemned by the RCC as a result) back during the Reformation.

What you wrote here about Purgatory doesn't even come close to what the Roman Catholic Church (the only denomination in Christendom to teach it) explained about the purpose, the workings, the duration, and everything else that made Purgatory what it was supposed to be.

Naturally enough, shoving all of that under the rug is difficult, though, since millions of present day Catholics and former Catholics are well aware of what the Church taught until very recently when it was decided to kill it off. Therefore, the idea is to say it still exists while radically altering almost everything about it.
I'm not embarrassed a bit, please quit misrepresenting the Catholic Church and my Catholic faith. The Catholics Church is not a denomination, again, please quite misinforming people. Put your vitrol aside and stop the accusations against Christ's Church, can you discuss a subject in a civil and loving manner? How easy it is for us to given in to Satan and his hatred.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
do you have any OT bible verses that show how they treated the Ark of the OT?

Yes, I have a Bible that has all the verses about the Ark. What are you getting at? You seem to be making an analogy regarding the Ark and Mary, so what is it? I'd like to know.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not embarrassed a bit
No, I don't suppose that you as an individual member are. However, the Church is, and that's why, in recent years, it has been backpedaling on a number of its historic teachings, but always with an excuse that such is not actually what it is doing. ;)

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,985.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I have a Bible that has all the verses about the Ark. What are you getting at? You seem to be making an analogy regarding the Ark and Mary, so what is it? I'd like to know.
given the reverence that God's people had for the Ark of the OT, how much more reverence should God's people give the Ark of the NT.

The Virgin Mary - The Ark of the New Covenant

Also, if you would like to research the Early Church, you will find that they too recognized Mary as the Ark of the New Covanent.

So unless you want to accuse the Irealites of worshiping wood, DON'T accuse Catholics of worship Mary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
given the reverence that God's people had for the Ark of the OT, how much more reverence should God's people give the Ark of the NT.

The Virgin Mary - The Ark of the New Covenant

Also, if you would like to research the Early Church, you will find that they too recognized Mary as the Ark of the New Covanent.

So unless you want to accuse the Israelites of worshiping wood, DON'T accuse Catholics of worship Mary.

I didn't accuse Catholics of worshiping Mary. If you read what I said objectively, you'll see that I pointed out why people think Roman Catholics worship Mary. And that to me it's too close to worship, for me to be spiritually comfortable with doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Roman Catholic Church will say they don't worship Mary, but it's understandable why many come to that conclusion because of how domanent Mary seems to be in Roman Catholicism. What stuck me were all the icons of a huge Mary with a huge halo, and off to the side, is a tiny little Jesus with a little halo. Then there's bowing to statues of Mary, and praying to Mary. All in all saying that's not worship, seems like splitting hairs. To me it's too close to worship, for me to be spiritually comfortable with it.

catholic-praying-to-mary.jpg
As has been said, the word "worship" has changed quite a bit throughout the history of the English language. Referring to a judge as "Your worship" does not mean that person believes that the judge is God. Catholics believe that those in Heaven can hear us and intercede for us, we believe that, as at the Wedding of Cana, Mary constantly prays and makes requests on our behalf. The worship given to God is for God and God alone, that is strict Catholic teaching. We may honor all of the saints, Mary included, and pray that they pray to God for us and with us. To those who know their Bible Mary is a crucial part of salvation history. She was there when Jesus was conceived, she was there at the birth of Jesus, upon her request Jesus performed His first public miracle, she was there at the foot of the cross when Jesus made her our spiritual mother, she was there when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles, and she is with Jesus in Heaven praying for us. I'd like to see more kneelers available to Protestants, and I hope others come to know the power of prayer.
It should come as no surprise that she receives more intercessory requests than any other saint.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I’m stating what I know,concerning what are possible,misconceptions in Catholic beliefs.And I wasn’t speaking directly to you,I was speaking to zachm531
I'm fairly certain as the person who made the OP, you have a higher responsibility to make yourself available for any forum member on everything that is relevant to the OP that you mention in this thread.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I didn't accuse Catholics of worshiping Mary. If you read what I said objectively, you'll see that I pointed out why people think Roman Catholics worship Mary. And that to me it's too close to worship, for me to be spiritually comfortable with doing it.

Beautifully stated...but it wouldn't really matter. You didn't agree with that church or its self-appointed spokesmen, so you are automatically--by their definition--misrepresenting and telling lies about their denomination. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As has been said, the word "worship" has changed quite a bit throughout the history of the English language. Referring to a judge as "Your worship" does not mean that person believes that the judge is God. Catholics believe that those in Heaven can hear us and intercede for us, we believe that, as at the Wedding of Cana, Mary constantly prays and makes requests on our behalf. The worship given to God is for God and God alone, that is strict Catholic teaching. We may honor all of the saints, Mary included, and pray that they pray to God for us and with us. To those who know their Bible Mary is a crucial part of salvation history. She was there when Jesus was conceived, she was there at the birth of Jesus, upon her request Jesus performed His first public miracle, she was there at the foot of the cross when Jesus made her our spiritual mother, she was there when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles, and she is with Jesus in Heaven praying for us. I'd like to see more kneelers available to Protestants, and I hope others come to know the power of prayer.
It should come as no surprise that she receives more intercessory requests than any other saint.

It comes as a surprise to those who have read the Bible thoroughly, but have not received Roman Catholic indoctrination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I’m stating what I know,concerning what are possible,misconceptions in Catholic beliefs.
It comes as a surprise to those who have read the Bible thoroughly, but have not received Roman Catholic indoctrination.
You noticed, I take it, that the whole dissertation aimed at showing Mary to be a special person (which almost any Christian of any denomination would agree with), but there was nothing that would show her to be Ever-Virgin, an Immaculate Conception, or a proper object of the prayers of the Church Militant. ;)

Mary constantly prays and makes requests on our behalf...To those who know their Bible Mary is a crucial part of salvation history. She was there when Jesus was conceived, she was there at the birth of Jesus, upon her request Jesus performed His first public miracle, she was there at the foot of the cross when Jesus made her our spiritual mother, she was there when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles, and she is with Jesus in Heaven

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You noticed, I take it, that the whole dissertation aimed at showing Mary to be a special person (which almost any Christian of any denomination would agree with), but there was nothing that would show her to be Ever-Virgin, an Immaculate Conception, or a proper object of the prayers of the Church Militant. ;)

Outside of traditions that were developed later on, the only intercessors I know are Jesus and the Holy Spirit. And the only person Jesus told us to pray to is the Father.

Let me redo the emphasis on that:
Mary constantly prays and makes requests on our behalf...To those who know their Bible Mary is a crucial part of salvation history. She was there when Jesus was conceived, she was there at the birth of Jesus, upon her request Jesus performed His first public miracle, she was there at the foot of the cross when Jesus made her our spiritual mother, she was there when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles, and she is with Jesus in Heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zachm531

Apr 25, 2019
New York
✟44,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Because here we have two members of the same denomination, wouldn't it be helpful if there were a meeting of some sort so that both would agree to use the same 'line?'
Dont worry, calvinists say the same about tulip lol.

Upvote 0