ml5363

Jan 6, 2016
Tennessee
✟28,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So let's say that an infant was baptized ( something popular in a lot of churches today)

Later as this child grows he/she stops attending church., As an adult,he/ she decides all that stuff was malarkey and decides being atheist is his/her true belief.

Will he/ she go to heaven?

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So let's say that an infant was baptized ( something popular in a lot of churches today)

Later as this child grows he/she stops attending church., As an adult,he/ she decides all that stuff was malarkey and decides being atheist is his/her true belief.

I don't know of a denomination that both practices infant baptism and teaches eternal security.

But the way I understand eternal security, people who are eternally secure will have repented by the time they pass away. If we apply that to your question, what difference does it make if the person was baptized as a baby and rebelled later, vs. being baptized at age 18 and rebelling later? Wouldn't the answer be the same if they both repented afterwards?

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hypothetical situations are just that...hypothetical, not real, not reality & fits the category of meaningless discussion, which we are to avoid.

I Tim 1:5,6 The goal of our instruction is the love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a sincere faith. But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless (fruitless) discussions.

2 Tim 2:23 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant speculations; you know that they breed quarrels.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

No. Only believers go to heaven. Being baptised isn't a ticket into heaven.

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,103.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Depending on her/his actions. According to Christ, those who will come saying "Lord! Lord!" are not necessarily the ones who will be saved. But the ones who did God's will.

Did that person, who later on turned to Atheism, do God's will on earth? That's what matters in my honest opinion.

Also the reason behind their Atheism matters. It depends on a lot of factors. Each story is different. Each 2 Atheists are not the same. People have their sufferings and stories so only God can tell whether the person will be in heaven or not. Some atheists are trying so hard to find their way back, some are trying so hard to fight for human rights and make this world a better place.. some don't care!

But can that Atheist, inherit a better place than a believer (Christian)? Yes.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on your denomination. Catholics for example believe it earns you a place in heaven (more or less). Most denominations say it's just something you do to dedicate the baby to the Lord, though it doens't mean they are christian or heaven-bound. That's a later decision they must make. Then you have those who believe if you are not baptized at all in your life, you are not saved.

From my bible reading I only read it as something you can do optionally just to let the people know you dedicate yourself to the Lord. As in symbolism. Not a salvation thing.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Your own signature quotes answer your question:-
"-Jesus did not call people to embrace a set of religious rules or a code of moral ethics. He called people to put their trust in Him and Him alone.
I am the way, the truth, the life: No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
------Being in the majority doesn't necessarily make it right.
1. Know that you are a sinner
2. Believe Christ died on the cross and rose again on the 3rd day for us
3. Pray to Him for for forgiveness."

How has this hyperthetical person follow Jesus etc?
If they don't attend church the odds are they have no faith/trust or belief in Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Please note that this thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum. The SOP may vary from the original location.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

The act of baptism isn't what forgives sins. All of us are born with an inherited sinful nature, and baptism does not change that. If said person grows up and never repents of their sin and asks Christ to forgive them, then when they die, they will receive God's justice and will not go to heaven.

• Winner
Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi mI5363,

According to Scripture, anyone who is not born-again (= someone who has trusted Christ for their salvation and forgiveness) will not go to heaven when they die. Instead, they will go to Hades to await final judgment for their sins, since the only means of forgiveness for them was through personal faith in Christ, which they rejected.

Upvote 0